The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Maxim APP by Lloyd Barnes // Brand New from Murphy's (68 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Bozman
View Profile
New user
Massachusetts
65 Posts

Profile of Bozman
So far, the download link via Murphys only goes to the Apple app store. Yesterday, none of the links (download or FB group) worked so I guess that's improvement?
Bozzy
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
I would imagine the reason for offering the app through magic retailers as well as the app store is because retailers/Barnes will get a larger cut of the profits that way - after all, Apple famously takes a huge chunk of any creator's profits just for the privilege of being listed on the Apple store. Still, the ordeal some people are describing reminds me of why I don't buy apps through magic retailers. The closed-off nature of the Apple store is what enables it to be so comparatively reliable. I would rather pay for the app there and then "tip" Lloyd.

I'm curious, if Lloyd is still reading this thread - how much would such a "tip" amount to? Do you know, and would you be willing/legally able to divulge what your difference in profit is between a purchase from Penguin or VI vs. the Apple Store?
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1921 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2022, AutarchicFlux wrote:
I would imagine the reason for offering the app through magic retailers as well as the app store is because retailers/Barnes will get a larger cut of the profits that way - after all, Apple famously takes a huge chunk of any creator's profits just for the privilege of being listed on the Apple store. Still, the ordeal some people are describing reminds me of why I don't buy apps through magic retailers. The closed-off nature of the Apple store is what enables it to be so comparatively reliable. I would rather pay for the app there and then "tip" Lloyd.

I'm curious, if Lloyd is still reading this thread - how much would such a "tip" amount to? Do you know, and would you be willing/legally able to divulge what your difference in profit is between a purchase from Penguin or VI vs. the Apple Store?

Magic Dealer will get 40% cut so don’t think that makes much odds to Lloyd
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1659 Posts

Profile of Futureal
A FASDIU version of this was on Eugene Burger’s L&L set twenty years ago. No stack, no app, no possibility of anything going wrong. You guys won’t like it though because you buy stuff just to play with fancy new methods and entertaining people is secondary. Have fun!
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
If true, there is zero reason to buy from anywhere but the App Store, in my opinion.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Veteran user
396 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2022, Futureal wrote:
A FASDIU version of this was on Eugene Burger’s L&L set twenty years ago. No stack, no app, no possibility of anything going wrong. You guys won’t like it though because you buy stuff just to play with fancy new methods and entertaining people is secondary. Have fun!

Not even vaguely the same capabilities or effect, but hey, that's some real cultivated smugness you've got going on there! Must be nice to feel so smug while being so wrong.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2684 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
That was quick, had the app for 2 days and getting a "undefined is not an object" screeen when I go to perform. Not sure who to contact.
SHSimon99
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of SHSimon99
The Maxim video training is very nice, however it is cumbersome when needing to reference a specific item. Providing supporting written documentation would be a real "value add" for this product. A simple PDF document would be sufficient, so a "formal" presentation isn't necessary, just explanations of the setup items, etc. Thanks.
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2022, AutarchicFlux wrote:

Hey, I'm happy to be 100% open about this. As I'm an employee of Murphy's Magic, I make no money/commission from my products. It's been the same with every product I've released while working at any magic company. So it makes no difference to me who you purchase from. I'm just happy and proud that you guys are supporting and (more importantly) using my creations Smile

Lloyd
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10044 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 5, 2022, Xcath1 wrote:
That was quick, had the app for 2 days and getting a "undefined is not an object" screeen when I go to perform. Not sure who to contact.

Lloyd might be a good start
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2684 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I reinstalled
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1659 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Quote:
On Aug 3, 2022, joogy wrote:
Hola all,

I'm looking forward to the reviews. I've held back on purchasing this as there was so much hype about Lux and so many mixed reviews about it, once it was released. My initial thought with this is, would the spectator be curious as why you're on the phone whilst performing? I can understand if you was just pretending to mute an incoming call or looking at an incoming message quickly, but anything longer than that, would cause suspicion. I know there is the guise of using a timer, but is that it?

Thanks

Joogy

I don't see the need for maxim, as Lux is the greatest thing to ever happen to magic. Why would you perform anything else? More-over why would the creator release anything else? It's just a cash grab, as Lux is the greatest magic trick ever.
Ross Magic
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Ross Magic
I think you missed the point. Lux was trick of the decade. Maxim is trick of the century and so merits a release.

Just wait for Dex, trick of the millennium.
Kassim
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of Kassim
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2022, Ross Magic wrote:
I think you missed the point. Lux was trick of the decade. Maxim is trick of the century and so merits a release.

Just wait for Dex, trick of the millennium.

almost spit my drink out hahahah Smile
Magic Dust
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2022, Kassim wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 10, 2022, Ross Magic wrote:
I think you missed the point. Lux was trick of the decade. Maxim is trick of
the century and so merits a release. Just wait for Dex, trick of the millennium.

almost spit my drink out hahahah Smile

I'm waiting on FLUX will be a never-ending stream of amazingness
Lloyd Barnes
View Profile
Special user
574 Posts

Profile of Lloyd Barnes
This is a way I've been combing Maxim and Cognito plus something else to create something really special. Enjoy Smile

mrree1078
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of mrree1078
This looks to be an amazing app and someting I'm very intrigued about.

The only thing that is concerning me is the number of inputs you need to enter into the app inconspicously without looking suspicious (although you could just say the trick is with the cards not the phone) I have performed some tricks to a few people and they are instantly suspicious of every move you make so to see you pressing buttons onto the phone might make them query that.

Apart from that, I think the App is amazing and definitely going to get it. I teach AI including AI prediction models as one of the modules in college so although not necessarily a prediction trick as such I will use this in class as I like to use some prediction tricks to break up the lesson for a bit of fun.

As you have been so transparent with the app, can I ask how many prebuilt methods are in place to select the card? as what if a card cannot be spelt too such as its the second card in the deck.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Maxim APP by Lloyd Barnes // Brand New from Murphy's (68 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL