The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The EXchange Review » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JCaelum
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of JCaelum
Hey Guys,

Received my Exchange two days ago. Normally I don't really like using gaffed decks but the descriptions and video of the EXchange in action seemed to good to be true. And it almost is...

What you get is a very well made DVD, explaining lots of routines (although somewhat similar) using the exchange and also the gimmick itself. The DVD does teach the one-handed pop out move and the blossom effect seen in the demo, but the gimmick itself does NOT make those moves easier.

The gimmicked deck is pretty well made, although the way it is set up it seems fragile to me. But, the DVD does teach you how to fix any problems you might have and also how to make your own, so no real problems there.

As far as detectability, I don't think most lay people would notice anything, but someone really really paying attention will SUSPECT something, but will probably never ever figure it out unless they handled the deck itself.

Bottom Line: the gimmick is very clever, pretty well disguised, and the DVD is very very well made. I give it a 9/10 because of the reactions you'll get and the ease of use, but also remember that the deck is not examinable at all.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Can the effects that are done with the gimmick be done with good old sleights?
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
JCaelum
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of JCaelum
I suppose most of them can be done w/o a gimmick, but the gimmick makes them very clean to the spectator and involves almost no effort from the magician.

i.e. the spec sees you clearly outjog 4 kings in the deck and without even touching the cards they change into four aces.
Magicman862
View Profile
Veteran user
Cincy, OH
385 Posts

Profile of Magicman862
Theres a move called raise rise I believe it was first published in Pablar (sp) and I learned it in Ray Kosbys impossible card magic. To me using this sleight could give you the same effect as exchange. I still ordered the exchange though
Paul
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » The EXchange Review » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL