The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk King Studios Customer Service (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Just curious as to whether any of you has recently ordered from the New Silk King Studios, and, if so, what your opinion of their customer service is?

Ruth Crone Rice had outstanding customer service...the current owner has ZERO customer service, After ordering and paying them 4 days ago, I have not received an acknowledgement of my order, let alone a shipping notification.

My opinion is: Their customer service SUCKS!
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
I used to have 999 posts, now I have
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I've ordered from them perhaps twice since Dvid Haversat took over the business... He was reasonably prompt on both occasions. I suggest dropping him a line here;

https://www.1878press.com

He's a nice guy....
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Thank you for the heads-up JNeal.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Pay particular attention to their re-introduction of the 'Flash silk ' with the black background... this was originally available in about 6 colroways... but just having one is OK too!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Magical Moments
View Profile
Veteran user
341 Posts

Profile of Magical Moments
I am wondering where they are being made, details on the silk quality and if they compare favorably to the original silks which were top quality and made in Japan.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
After having inquired as to the status of my shipment, and originally receiving a notice from David Haverstat that he was on vacation and would be returning on Friday August 5th and shipping orders out at that time, and not receiving a shipment notification as of this morning, I sent David another request to be updated regarding shipment.......and receiving no response....so...I contacted PayPal, and requested a full and complete refund.....and....here's the response I received from David Haverstat:
Hi Richard,

I'll refund your money and will block you for all and any future orders. Despite have ordered before, you seem to not understand that in the summer people and businesses sometimes take vacations. You appear to be a manic idiot.

Best,

David"

I'm sorry, but in all due respect.....this does NOT sound like a "Nice Guy" to me.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Neal, The "Flash Silk with the black background" that you mention is truly beautiful, so, I ordered one. Again, thanks for the "Heads-Up" . It's unfortunate that I couldn't order from David Haverstat, since he decided that I am a "Manic Idiot" for asking for a refund, and he has blocked me from all orders from him.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Who did you get it from... if not David?
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
JNeal:

I ordered from Penguin Magic.

And I saved about $12. I know that I'm sure that they get them from him, but if I ever have to cancel my order or ask for a refund from them, unlike David Haverstat, I don't have them send me childish threats nor do they call me insulting names.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
I do think they all come from Haversat's company, but if you have a dealer who has the product, at a better price, and you like them... GREAT!
I'm tempted to get one myself, so do let me know when it arrives... if it is of substantial weight.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Neal:

Will do.......my expectation is that it will be an 8 momme weight. The silk should arrive next week, and I will let you know.
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
JNeal:

The "Flash Silk with the Black Background" just arrived and it is truly BEAUTIFUL with RICH, VIBRANT COLOR! Forgive me if I cannot tell if it is 5 momme or 8 momme weight, but in the spirit of "All things Rice", it looks like a TROUPER, to me, at least, and I expect it so stand the test of time.

I would be surprised if you weren't delighted with this silk. Just my 2 cents worth.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Ill have to order one!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
JNeal:

Not to tell you where to order, but I saved $12 and got free shipping by ordering at Penguin Magic. I've had to look at options other than ordering directly from David Haverstat's company since he called me a "Manic Idiot" and threatened to ban me from ordering from him since I cancelled an order from him and asked for a refund.

In my 66 years of buying Magic equipment, I have never been treated so rudely and condescendingly as David Haverstat has treated me.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Interesting note: I bought it from Penguin, and when the silk arrived... it was a butterfly silk.. NOT the flash concentric circles pattern I had hoped for! I'm hoping to rectify it today.
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Eek!
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
JNeal:

I have found that Penguin Magic is good to work with.........and I anticipate that you will have no problems with them "cheerfully" getting you the correct silk with little to no hassle.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Yes, they have already reached out to me and will send me one for free and rebate my $$!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Neal:

Please let me know what you think of the flash concentric silk when you receive it.
JNeal
View Profile
Inner circle
1623 Posts

Profile of JNeal
Rainboguy!

It arrived yesterday and I opened the package today.
Wow! What fantastic silk! It is at least an 8 momme silk... but it could be a 10 momme weight. It feels that substantial!
Beautiful job of printing and the colors are vibrant!
All the corners are perfectly square, although the hem is not the 1/16" that Rice was famous for, more like 1/8"... but evenly sewn.
=Very much pleased and will put it to good use!

What is most interesting is that Rice originally offered this pattern in 6 color variations: with each of the 6 colors being featured as the dominant one. Unfortunately, I don't think that they have plans to offer any color variations in the future... but this one is a GEM!
visit me @ JNealShow.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk King Studios Customer Service (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL