We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Videos of mediums cold reading 1-on-1 not reality TV (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

licker98
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of licker98
Does anyone have any non-reality-TV 1-on-1 cold mediumship reading video footage? The only 1-on-1 stuff I can find is from reality TV where the medium is clearly hot reading.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2388 Posts

Profile of ddyment
It's difficult to imagine any ethical reader taking videos of actual (non-staged) readings and making them available to others.

If you want to learn what one looks like, the best way is to have an actual reading.
"Calculated Thoughts" is available at Vanishing Inc. and The Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4584 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
And one of the most economical ways to do so is to attend a Psychic Fair in your area (presuming that such things still exist). You can receive dozens of sample readings (usually around 15 minutes or so) from various readers.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2251 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Aug 8, 2022, licker98 wrote:
Does anyone have any non-reality-TV 1-on-1 cold mediumship reading video footage? The only 1-on-1 stuff I can find is from reality TV where the medium is clearly hot reading.

There’s a video of a psychic doing cold readings on the radio. I’ll PM you the link.

Business Card Q&A eBook & The Elvis Peek videos are $30 each and may be purchased by sending a PayPal to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com. Elvis Peek videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=715994&start=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMqE98Rol8&ab_channel=NiqueTan
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2622 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2022, Philemon Vanderbeck wrote:
And one of the most economical ways to do so is to attend a Psychic Fair in your area (presuming that such things still exist). You can receive dozens of sample readings (usually around 15 minutes or so) from various readers.

These are very much an American thing. Not seen one in the UK ever, nor mainland Europe. You see stalls offering this kind of thing at New Age festival type affairs, but they're more a side show to the more common new agey stuff. Seeing a claryvoyant openly pitching for work is very rare here.

I'll wait for some UK peeps to say otherwise, but that's my experience.
corindaman
View Profile
Veteran user
324 Posts

Profile of corindaman
Two Psychic fairs in Sussex before Xmas, I am going along to see if Graphology would go down well using your excellent system!
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2622 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Well I never. Tick sheet?
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2120 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Https://www.amazon.com/EVOLVE-JOHN-EDWAR......03626OI6

I’m not endorsing the guy. I picked these up years ago as examples of doing unprepared readings. They really reinforce something Richard Webster said about how bad a lot of readers are. But it does provide a very different look at this particular guy and how his method works with a smaller group.

Other than that, a lot of time on YouTube looking for “I got a palm reading” and similar topics will yield examples that may be more what you want.

But if you want to get good, go pay for a few readings for yourself.

Patrick
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1115 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
Here’s a path…
1. Decide what oracle you want to study.
2. Go find that Facebook group. If Tarot, go to Tarot Nerds, there’s a group for everything. Join the group and really, honestly participate. Learn.
3. Usually people will offer free readings on these groups for practice. Often they are ladies who have been doing readings their whole lives and see it as a community.
4. Watch the readings and get them yourself. Then, when you’re ready, offer them. Get the practice.
5. Learn about the new age world. Listen to new age radio shows and podcasts. You’ll find lots of places where free readings are offered and used to advertise reading services.
6. Also, there are many readers on YouTube or Instagram who Give readings over video.
7. Beware, once you start down this road you will find a whole world of interesting things opening up to you. Many rabbit holes but worth it in my view. Expect for your adverts on Facebook and Instagram will start to try selling you crystals and oils and sage.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4584 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
8. Ignore the trolls.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2251 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Aug 13, 2022, Mr. Woolery wrote:
Https://www.amazon.com/EVOLVE-JOHN-EDWAR......03626OI6

I’m not endorsing the guy. I picked these up years ago as examples of doing unprepared readings. They really reinforce something Richard Webster said about how bad a lot of readers are. But it does provide a very different look at this particular guy and how his method works with a smaller group.

Other than that, a lot of time on YouTube looking for “I got a palm reading” and similar topics will yield examples that may be more what you want.

But if you want to get good, go pay for a few readings for yourself.

Patrick

In his Psychic Skills Workshop (disc 1, starting at about 32 min), Millard Longman talks about John Edward and his approach to readings, and much of it is quite positive.

Business Card Q&A eBook & The Elvis Peek videos are $30 each and may be purchased by sending a PayPal to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com. Elvis Peek videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
2120 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
I don’t have the Longman disks, but sure would enjoy them one day.

I don’t really like Edward. But he is very good at seeming totally sincere. Since the OP asked about mediums in particular, this came to mind. And the price is reasonable.

I do think watching others do it is a good idea.

Patrick
licker98
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of licker98
I managed to find a good clip of a woman giving cold mediumship readings on a YouTube channel. Seems very much like she's just cold reading. https://youtu.be/oL4rYVuFH1I
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2251 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Aug 15, 2022, licker98 wrote:
I managed to find a good clip of a woman giving cold mediumship readings on a YouTube channel. Seems very much like she's just cold reading. https://youtu.be/oL4rYVuFH1I

Nice, thanks for sharing. This is a good one.

Scott
View Profile
Special user
UK
716 Posts

Profile of Scott
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2022, bevbevvybev wrote:

These are very much an American thing. Not seen one in the UK ever, nor mainland Europe. You see stalls offering this kind of thing at New Age festival type affairs, but they're more a side show to the more common new agey stuff. Seeing a claryvoyant openly pitching for work is very rare here.

I'll wait for some UK peeps to say otherwise, but that's my experience.

They are actually quite common in the UK but rather than being called psychic fairs, they are called mind, body and spirit events, these could be the new age festivals you mention but I doubt it because in my experience you don't just get the odd reader here and there. I've done a few over the years as a tarot reader. These events pretty much take the same format as the US psychic fairs, with readers of different types slotted in amongst the new age stalls selling crystals, tarot cards and pagan design-inspired Tee Shirts etc. You also get workshops and lectures.

This is how common they are. I live in Matlock and there is one here every year although it is quite small. The next one is 8th of October, but there is one in Stockport on the 3rd of Sept and one in Mansfield on the 10th of Sept, they all offer workshops, talks, clairvoyants and a variety of readers These are the closest to me but there are many more.

Basically, there are a number of agencies in the UK that set the fairs up. You can be registered with them and buy your table just like you can in the US.

As for mainland Europe, I can't speak for the whole continent but I did live in Spain for 7 years and the biggest mind, body and spirit event I have ever worked was in a hotel in Benalmadena on the Costa del Sol, it ran for two days and there were about 250 stalls, of which I'd say about 30% were Tarot and palm readers with a few more astrologers and numerologist thrown in for good measure. I actually did a talk on the history and psychology of Tarot as well as doing readings.

As for Clairvoyants openly pitching for work, I'm not sure, it depends on how you interpret 'openly pitching'. 40 years ago I would regularly stand in the high street handing out leaflets to my show, I wouldn't do that today instead I advertise online.

So if you class having a webpage and putting up paid ads on Google as openly pitching, then try searching by typing in 'Clairvoyant near me', I just did and my first hits were, Psychic Medium Gypsy Jan and Guiding Senses Psychic medium, both with webpages, lists of their services, testimonials and full pricing details.

Just my thoughts of course.

Cheers
Scott Creasey - Mind Reader

Original Routines With A Mental Flavour

http://www.mentalmagicism.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Videos of mediums cold reading 1-on-1 not reality TV (10 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL