The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Another Set of Vintage Cuffs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matman
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Matman
Hello everyone.
I picked up these cuffs from an estate of a member who passed away, so no information on them.
They are not gimmicked as far as I can tell. I have one key (in the photo) and it is flat.
This is a single hinge handcuff. Any idea of age or who made them?
I can send or post a pic of them open if people want.
Thanks.

Click here to view attached image.
Matman
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Matman
Update - I tried a Google Image search using Google Lens. Pretty cool tool. Anyway, I discovered that these are a Hamburg 8 Handcuffs. And they are gimmicked. There is a right way and a wrong way to put them on in order to escape. I assume one uses the "wrong" way on a spectator to prove that they are real handcuffs.
Take care.
Moxahalla
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
751 Posts

Profile of Moxahalla
Matman:

The Hamburg 8 handcuffs - first appeared as early as 1915...and all of the way up into the 1970's

(i.e. They are pictured in a 1970's-era era "Hollywood Magic" catalog (Hollywood, Ca.).

Technically - you have a "FLUTED KEY" model; because the Hamburg 8 was also available in a true FLAT KEY model, that preceded the fluted model.

The cuffs are placed upon a spectator - with the "ROUNDED SIDE" facing his body. Upon yourself: The "FLAT SIDE" facing your body.
Matman
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Matman
Moxahalla - Thank you for the information. I appreciate your help.

Matt
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Another Set of Vintage Cuffs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL