The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flick! Wallet by Tejinaya & Lumos (41 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2022, Deckhead wrote:
I’m over it. It’s tossed in a drawer. Shame on you whoever you are who puts stuff out like this. You are only hurting yourself. Product could of been amazing. Instead I don’t even want to look at it.

Sorry to hear that. I had wanted this to be good.
But the truth is that they make money on whomever simply tosses it in a drawer, and with magicians that seems to be oddly very common. I would have already had it on it's way back for a refund before I even finished watching the instructions.
Sorry, but no way will I just throw $150 away on junk, on sheer principle it nothing else.
Deckhead
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Deckhead
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2022, videoman wrote:
Quote:
I’m over it. It’s tossed in a drawer. Shame on you whoever you are who puts stuff out like this. You are only hurting yourself. Product could of been amazing. Instead I don’t even want to look at it.

But the truth is that they make money on whomever simply tosses it in a drawer, and with magicians that seems to be oddly very common. I would have already had it on it's way back for a refund before I even finished watching the instructions.
Sorry, but no way will I just throw $150 away on junk, on sheer principle it nothing else.

Ya completely understand that. For me a junk drawer means something else. Means I will go back to it end see if I could find some way to use it. Maybe I’ll create something new from it. Depends
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Personally, I think you would be better off putting that money towards something that’s already good. I’m tempted to say go ahead, it’s your $150, but the truth is that when you allow them to get away with putting out junk it hurts all of us because they have no motivation to change their ways. And that is true all the way up the chain, dealers, manufacturers, creators, etc.
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
I have this. I think it’s great. Well made and super visual. No issues yet with breakage and from what I can see it would seem pretty easy to repair. My two cents.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2022, oombob wrote:
I have this. I think it’s great. Well made and super visual. No issues yet with breakage and from what I can see it would seem pretty easy to repair. My two cents.

Hmm. So not junk to you, someone who actually owns the product. So one person doesn't like it and people, who don't even own the product, come here and call it junk.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
oombob
View Profile
Special user
Canada
844 Posts

Profile of oombob
Expensive… yes. It’s a quick bit of eye candy, but it’s fun and easy to do and delivers on what you see in the video. Very happy with this.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2022, videoman wrote:
Personally, I think you would be better off putting that money towards something that’s already good. I’m tempted to say go ahead, it’s your $150, but the truth is that when you allow them to get away with putting out junk it hurts all of us because they have no motivation to change their ways. And that is true all the way up the chain, dealers, manufacturers, creators, etc.

Yes, and lately it seems to be higher priced junk for the drawer and a lot more preorder, too.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2022, oombob wrote:
Expensive… yes. It’s a quick bit of eye candy, but it’s fun and easy to do and delivers on what you see in the video. Very happy with this.

Well, I'm not sure how you can like this when the others who don't have this say it's junk? You must either be inexperienced or lying? So which is it?
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2022, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2022, oombob wrote:

Well, I'm not sure how you can like this when the others who don't have this say it's junk? You must either be inexperienced or lying? So which is it?

Tell us all, specifically how many reviews must we read/listen to before we can be sure if it's trash or not? Or are you saying you must own something to know if it's any good? You must either never read or watch reviews or be broke.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2022, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 2, 2022, oombob wrote:

Hmm. So not junk to you, someone who actually owns the product. So one person doesn't like it and people, who don't even own the product, come here and call it junk.

RNK, let’s get the facts straight.

I don’t believe anyone called this junk, and there hasn’t really been much negative written about it other than the price being very high and some brief chatter about an edited trailer.

It seems only 2 people have posted actual opinions of it and they both own it. One had a lot of problems and didn’t much like it while the other one loved it.

So currently it’s tied at 1 to 1.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2022, videoman wrote:
Quote:

Maybe I'm missing something but it looks like you called it junk in this post and you called it junk in your August 30th post? I think those are some facts video man
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:

I guess since this post is in this thread in regards to this item it just might be possible that you were referring to his item as junk. Sure seems like it unless I misconstrued your words in which case you be a great politician.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Propdog who tells it like it is was not at all impressed

They even called Murphy’s out for editing a few frames out of the video
To look better than it actually is

That should be red flag to anyone!!
slyhand
View Profile
Inner circle
Good ole Virginia
1908 Posts

Profile of slyhand
Actually it looks exactly like the video. I don't believe they took any frames out.
I purchased one at Magic Live after seeing it done at least 10 times. It does look great. Mine still works after over 100 flicks. Although it does seem like I should replace the elastic now, which is supplied. Only thing is I paid $100 for it. I don't know if I would have done the additional $30. But it filled a need I had and I am happy with my purchase.
I am getting so tired of slitting the throats of people who say that I am a violent psychopath.

Alec
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Sep 3, 2022, RNK wrote:
Quote:

I guess since this post is in this thread in regards to this item it just might be possible that you were referring to his item as junk. Sure seems like it unless I misconstrued your words in which case you be a great politician.

Yes, you misunderstood my meaning. I don’t own this and therefore have no idea if it is indeed junk or not. I was referring to junk in the general sense. Meaning that anytime someone has a product they are not happy with and it breaks right away or doesn’t work then they should return it and not just eat the loss as the poster was saying he was going to do. IOW, don’t allow dealers to get away with selling junk if that is what you consider it to be.

I have no opinion on this item yet but as I previously stated, I very much want to like it. But for $130 I don’t think I will take a chance unless more people post that they have had a good experience with it.
saverle
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
114 Posts

Profile of saverle
I notice some similarities between the Flick! Wallet and the FPS Zeta Wallet.

Difference is that the FPS Zeta wallet has an unnoticed switch and is more versatile than the Flick! Wallet.

The transparent window with the gap in the middle is similar in both versions.

The FPS Zeta Wallet by Brent Braun is also cheaper than the Flick! Wallet.

I would go for the FPS Zeta wallet.

But the Flick! is a nice gadget although with a high price.

Despite the criticism here the Flick! is almost everywhere sold out…
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Dec 12, 2022, saverle wrote:

Despite the criticism here the Flick! is almost everywhere sold out…

I hope it's better than what the previously reviews here state. I think it's sold out because everyone (including me) love this visuals of this and when something as visual as this is released it's hard to resist the temptation not to purchase. Though I had will power on this one and still want to wait and see if any strong positive reviews come out.
saverle
View Profile
Regular user
The Netherlands
114 Posts

Profile of saverle
OK, at the end I couldn't resist and bought the Flick! Wallet for a lower price than advertised.

Before that, I had pondered about how it would work. I was very surprised to see how it actually works. Very clever!

After watching the instruction videos I understood the mixed reviews about this product.

There are namely 2 versions of it!

One with a white inner side, where you need to manually shorten the elastic thread with white elastic thread, which is also for sale at the company. This can lead to that the elastic thread is too tight or too loose, and this version is the cause of the complaints.

The other one, with a black inner side, where you simply can attach ready-made rubber bands! About 10 extra rubber bands are included. This one is absolutely hassle free!

I was lucky and received the one with the ready made rubber bands, so my copy works flawless.

Hope this helps.
threadman77
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of threadman77
Is this over priced? Yes, way overpriced! I can see a lot of cost going into the developement though, and the quality is great. But $130? Nope!

That said - this is freaking fun to play with, and as visual as magic gets. I will definately use this all the time. Like I said, the quality is great, and as far as the comments on replacing the elastic or rubber bands - not even an issue. This works just as good with or without the elastic. Not even sure why they designed it for elastics, your flick applies more power than elastic.

My 2 cents - overpriced, but I love it! It's one of those things you will be doing in front of a mirror to entertain yourself.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Would love to have this but couldn’t justify the price tag for something that I would mostly just play around with. I use it more for fun with waiters, cashiers, and sometimes friends and family.

So I got the poor man’s Flick Wallet.

It’s just about as much fun in the mirror and does exactly what I wanted it to for how I’m using it. For 1/10th the price it is more than adequate.
I’m not changing one thing to something else, just going from nothing to something so it’s fine for my intended use.
I go from empty to full of cash.

https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/18203
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Flick! Wallet by Tejinaya & Lumos (41 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL