The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device (478 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..28~29~30 [Next]
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
693 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Politely requesting to (PLEASE) be included! Thank you!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2022, EZrhythm wrote:
This thread must contain THE MOST polite and considerate posts of all the topics on the Café. Smile

My next release may be called, "The Polite Peek", lol. But maybe "FOMO Peek" is better...

Business Card Q & A eBook & The Elvis Peek videos are $30 each and may be purchased by sending a PayPal to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com. Elvis Peek videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=715994&start=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMqE98Rol8&ab_channel=NiqueTan
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2022, sdmagic wrote:
Politely requesting to (PLEASE) be included! Thank you!

Your wish is my command...

Business Card Q & A eBook & The Elvis Peek videos are $30 each and may be purchased by sending a PayPal to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com. Elvis Peek videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

markmagic
View Profile
New user
KY
50 Posts

Profile of markmagic
Can I see the video please
jgeerts
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of jgeerts
Hi Bill,
I am very interested in your effect with the bill clip. And I understand very well your issue regarding the hacking of your video.
I'm a mentalist magician since 30 years and I'm from Belgium Smile english is not my mother tongue and that's why I use an online translator Smile so I hope I'll be well understood Smile
As I don't fill all the points you asked for, I would like to ask you if it would be possible to buy the whole thing (video + routine idea with the clip) ?
Thank you in advance.
John Geerts
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Dear Bill, I would love to finally watch your work and ask for a second chance please.
I can also provide the necessary gmail mail address for this purpose.
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
175 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
I’d like to see it!
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Thank you very much Bill, I’ve seen countless methods over the years and own a huge peek arsenal myself.
What I can see here is a worker!

I am not just talking about the clip and the method but you!

While watching the video I thought to myself: this man really is using and has used this particular method and item for years.
You are not just talking and if your clip could talk he might share a lot of interesting stories.
So it’s not just a prop someone had bought and put into his set but it looks like a personal part and item of you.

Offering your personal spin on this method (that was not totally new to me but your choreography was) is a gift and could have safed some people from buying a recently offered overhyped and expensive product.

So thank you very much for your contributions here on the Café!

:)
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2022, ArtIn wrote:
Thank you very much Bill, I’ve seen countless methods over the years and own a huge peek arsenal myself.
What I can see here is a worker!

I am not just talking about the clip and the method but you!

While watching the video I thought to myself: this man really is using and has used this particular method and item for years.
You are not just talking and if your clip could talk he might share a lot of interesting stories.
So it’s not just a prop someone had bought and put into his set but it looks like a personal part and item of you.

Offering your personal spin on this method (that was not totally new to me but your choreography was) is a gift and could have safed some people from buying a recently offered overhyped and expensive product.

So thank you very much for your contributions here on the Café!

:)

ArtIn,

Delighted to read your comments, and thank you very much for posting them on the thread Smile

What you wrote gets to the core of why I created this specific handling: I was already carrying a steel money clip. I asked myself, "How can I use it as a peek device?"

I hope others will reflect on this, and if they already carry a wallet they like, ask themselves, "How can I use my current wallet as a peek device?".

In my case, I thought about it for years. I experimented with many different ideas. And eventually it came to me. A very old idea, applied with a new choreography to the money clip I already carried.

When you create something custom for yourself that ticks the boxes just right for you, there is something magical about that.

Anyone can do it successfully if they simply keep working at it.

A.P.A.A.W. (Any Peek At Any Wallet)

Thank you again for your post.

Bill

will4gzus
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
Bill,
I would like to be included for the peek video please. Sounds like you and a few others on the Café have really put some tremendous thought into the versatility and routines!
Ubernutz
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Ubernutz
I'd love to view the video as well. Please and thank you Smile
elimagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1615 Posts

Profile of elimagic
Me as well, please and thank you Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Here is an updated list of the routines & routine ideas shared so far.

Thank you to all who have shared ideas!

1. Drawing Duplication – shown in video

2. PEEK-A-CAAN - 1KJ (p. 13)

3. Childhood Psychic Dreams - Stunninger (p. 13)

4. Weird Purchase – Greg Arce (p. 14)

5. Name and Place – Greg Arce (p. 14)

6. Magic Square Peek – Wravyn (p. 19)

7. WORD ASSOCIATION – 1KJ (p. 20)

8. WORD ASSOCIATION 2 – 1KJ (p. 20)

9. Credit Card and Currency Number Divination – EZrythm (p. 20)

10. NW Magic Square – Greg Arce (p. 21)

11. Subliminal Square – Bill Cushman (p. 21)

12. Q & A 1-2-3 – Stunninger (p. 21)

13. Small Set System – Greg Arce (p. 21)

Thank you to all who have shared their ideas! YOU are much appreciated!

influentialist
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of influentialist
I don't qualify for the kind offer, but, as a peek wallet junkie, I have to say this thread has inspired me to start playing around with a couple of my regular wallets and money clips to see what I can come up with.
will4gzus
View Profile
Loyal user
295 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
What a fascinating method. Everything is justified, so there is no worry of any heat. With all the ideas shared there is something for everyone. I don’t know Bill so this is my unbiased opinion of this item. This is definitely a worker and an EDC! Bill thank you for your generosity for sharing this gem with the community.
Merlin73
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Merlin73
I'd love to see the video please Stunninger? I was a member here for about 10 years but lost all details. It never worried me, as I used to just read ( as not to get in the countless arguments lol)
The only reason I've rejoined, which I posted a few pages back, was to post re this, this was how excited I was by it. I do a fabulous routine by Gary Jones called Peeky Blinders using three spectators.( Its on his Automata DVDS, very much worth a check out), and also one called Juxtaposed by Paul Brook. Both go down brilliantly, especaily at weddings which is where I perform the most

I love minimalist wallets for every day use, so this idea sounds right up my street.
Im a full time pro in the Uk( Owen Strickland) and have gmail.

Id really love to be considered despite not having 100 posts. No worries if not, rules are rules!!
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2357 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Sep 27, 2022, will4gzus wrote:
What a fascinating method. Everything is justified, so there is no worry of any heat. With all the ideas shared there is something for everyone. I don’t know Bill so this is my unbiased opinion of this item. This is definitely a worker and an EDC! Bill thank you for your generosity for sharing this gem with the community.

Hi will4gzus, Glad to you like it, and thanks very much for posting your thoughts on the SMCPD. You make an excellent point about there being no heat with this peek.

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6684 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Had a weird idea for the metal clip itself. When you pull out the cards you also pull out what looks like a folded long strip of paper. You show that it is a long column of random dates: 1945, 2021, 1985, etc. There's about 20 or so random dates. You turn the dates towards yourself and pull out a small pair of scissors. You go up and down with the scissors and the person calls stop at any point. You cut at that spot then hand the person the two pieces and say you'll explain later. You do your regular effect with the cards and the peek. Later, after the impact of knowing what he is thinking dies down, you recount how special the clip is. Now depending on what date you force it could be a story of your own past or maybe you tell the tale of the previous owner. you end your story by saying you had that import date engraved on the clip. You point out and area on the clip and there is a date engraved. now you have the person looks at what spot he had you cut and he ended up cutting in half the one date that matches our engraved date.

I'm assuming you all know the method of forcing a date by cutting at the slip. You can make a bung of them and keep inserting new folded slips as you go to other areas or tables.

Just a thought.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6684 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
By the way, others have done the following with credit cars and chips, etc, so you could do it with this clip. You could have psychological forces engraved and do a series of tests on your spectator to supposedly see if you are in sync for the next experiment: the peek one.

So engraved you could have stuff like the circle/triangle force and/or 37 force and/or rose force and/or Queen of hearts force and/or Grey Elephant in Denmark force, etc.

Just a thought.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2848 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Greg, a simple 1/4" hole drilled into one of the clips can be used for JKT's Blister trick also. With the wallet in the pocket, place the correct finger over that hole and make your blister.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device (478 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7..11..15..19..20~21~22~23~24..28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL