The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device (485 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
nicetodd
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of nicetodd
Hi, I would like to see the link please.
Midway
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Midway
I too would like to see the link. Thanks
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
5991 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2022, Wravyn wrote:
Doing mentalisim, it seems as if we are the ones with special powers. What if we were to gift our spectators a renewed belief in their own power of imagination? Through a small act of using their imagination, perhaps we can.

Imagination Into Reality:

Hand your helper a card that has a
1)
2)
3)
along with an implement for writing.

How good is your imagination?
1) Imagine I reach into my pocket and remove a coin, which pocket did I remove it from? The right one or the left one? Don't tell me, just write it down.

2) Imagine I set it down on the table, is it heads up or tails up?

3) Is it a copper coin or a silver coin?

After placing their card into the SMCPD, reach into the correct pocket, remove the correct coin, and set it down while covering it with a blank card to hide both the orientation and if it is copper or silver.

Remove their prediction from your SMCPD but before reading it state;
I took a coin from my left pocket (now turn their card over to be read), you predicted I would take it from my left pocket, you also wrote that the coin is Tails up and that it is a Copper coin. How did you do? Have them take the card off the coin to show they were correct with all 3 imagined thoughts.

~I feel there should be some sort of positive message about imagination should be on the underside of the card that was used for covering the coin. There are many a great quotes about imagination, but I have yet not decided on the correct one for me to use.

Smile

Great idea Wravyn, I like the premise of making the spectator important. Fantastic job Gaz Smile
Townsend1
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of Townsend1
Hi Bill,
Please send me the link to the video, if I am not to late.
Also I would love to get the info when your book is ready for sale.
Thank you!
Don
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1566 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Hi Bill,

I've been away from the world of the Café for a while, only to find this amazing thread based on one of what I'm sure is another one of your brilliant ideas! If you're still sending out video links, please send one to me!! As always, I appreciate your kindness and generosity!! Thanks! Bill
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2022, Wravyn wrote:
Doing mentalisim, it seems as if we are the ones with special powers. What if we were to gift our spectators a renewed belief in their own power of imagination? Through a small act of using their imagination, perhaps we can.

Imagination Into Reality:

Hand your helper a card that has a
1)
2)
3)
along with an implement for writing.

How good is your imagination?
1) Imagine I reach into my pocket and remove a coin, which pocket did I remove it from? The right one or the left one? Don't tell me, just write it down.

2) Imagine I set it down on the table, is it heads up or tails up?

3) Is it a copper coin or a silver coin?

After placing their card into the SMCPD, reach into the correct pocket, remove the correct coin, and set it down while covering it with a blank card to hide both the orientation and if it is copper or silver.

Remove their prediction from your SMCPD but before reading it state;
I took a coin from my left pocket (now turn their card over to be read), you predicted I would take it from my left pocket, you also wrote that the coin is Tails up and that it is a Copper coin. How did you do? Have them take the card off the coin to show they were correct with all 3 imagined thoughts.

~I feel there should be some sort of positive message about imagination should be on the underside of the card that was used for covering the coin. There are many a great quotes about imagination, but I have yet not decided on the correct one for me to use.

Smile

Great idea Wravyn, I like the premise of making the spectator important. Fantastic job Gaz Smile

Wravyn,

I agree with Gaz, this is a wonderful idea! Very nice Smile Thank you for sharing with us.

Bill

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 9, 2022, Woodfield wrote:
Thank you Stunninger for the link.
This looks like a true worker. Certainly no suspicious moves. I can't wait to make it up.

Woodfield

Woodfield, glad you like it, and thank you for posting your thoughts! Hope you get lots of use from it Smile

dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1068 Posts

Profile of dman11
Brilliant and innocent! Just added one of these clips to my cart
Trentonmatthew
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of Trentonmatthew
I would love to see the clip video as well, thanks!
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Hello,

I'd like to see the link please.

Thanx,

D
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2022, dman11 wrote:
Brilliant and innocent! Just added one of these clips to my cart

dman11, glad you like it! Thanks for posting your thoughts.

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
@ Gaz & Bill, I am pleased you enjoy that routine.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2022, Wravyn wrote:
@ Gaz & Bill, I am pleased you enjoy that routine.

I enjoyed it very much as well Wravyn.
Excellent idea, thank you for sharing!
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Most welcome videoman.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I'll wait for the book to be released. Is it going to be a download or physical item?

cheers
Winnes
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Winnes
Watched the video earlier - great simple peek. I am one of the “The Peak” purchasers and somewhat defenders as I really like the wallet style and the peek is fine in many of my cases. However, I think I’ll probably now use this peek with it as it’s so easy and clean (and actually, removes a lot of the “fiddly” bits with The Peak wallet).

Anyways, comparisons/uses with The Peak aside, what Stunninger has given is a really simple and effective peek that will totally fly by - and the fact that there’s loads of ideas and bouncing back and forth on here shows how excited it’s got users. Great stuff, and I’ll definitely be signing up for the book when available
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 11, 2022, takeachance wrote:
I'll wait for the book to be released. Is it going to be a download or physical item?

cheers

Hi takeachance, it will be a physical book. There's lots that I want to include, so it will take some time. Target release date is January 2024.

Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2022, Winnes wrote:
Watched the video earlier - great simple peek. I am one of the “The Peak” purchasers and somewhat defenders as I really like the wallet style and the peek is fine in many of my cases. However, I think I’ll probably now use this peek with it as it’s so easy and clean (and actually, removes a lot of the “fiddly” bits with The Peak wallet).

Anyways, comparisons/uses with The Peak aside, what Stunninger has given is a really simple and effective peek that will totally fly by - and the fact that there’s loads of ideas and bouncing back and forth on here shows how excited it’s got users. Great stuff, and I’ll definitely be signing up for the book when available

Winnes, delighted to read your post, and glad you find the SMCPD useful. All of the great ideas shared on this thread have made this the gift that keeps on giving. Thank you for sharing your thoughts Smile

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3515 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Stunninger, how many of the shared routines here, can be used with your Elvis Peek?
Can your Elvis Peek and SMCPD be used in conjunction with each other to do a multiple peek routine ie. Bob Cassidy's Name & Place?
I have not purchased your Elvis Peek, though if combining them both in a routine, I will have to make a purchase.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2828 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2022, Wravyn wrote:
Stunninger, how many of the shared routines here, can be used with your Elvis Peek?
Can your Elvis Peek and SMCPD be used in conjunction with each other to do a multiple peek routine ie. Bob Cassidy's Name & Place?
I have not purchased your Elvis Peek, though if combining them both in a routine, I will have to make a purchase.

Hi Wravyn, The majority of the routines shared on this thread could be used with The Elvis Peek, or any other full billet peek a magician may already use. Or any other peek wallet for that matter. That said, The Elvis Peek was created to satisfy my desire for a full billet peek that does not require a wallet or envelope, does not require the magician to turn around or put his hands or the cards in his pockets, with no odd looking moves, and the ability for the participant to put their face down card in the stack after they wrote their secret thought. The participant can even mix the cards up after they put their card in the stack.

That said, the idea you suggest above - to get two separate peeks, one using the SMCPD, and a second using The Elvis Peek, could be quite useful in certain cases, with certain routines. Name and Place could be done quite deceptively. Get your first peek with SMCPD, which goes into your pocket and is not taken out again. Then get your second peek using Elvis, then the spectator holds the stack of cards between their hands. You have both secret thoughts without having to take the clip out of your pocket or even have the other card removed from the stack.

Thank you for suggesting this! It is a fantastic idea.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device (485 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..26~27~28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL