The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device (478 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30 [Next]
tihani
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of tihani
I would like to see the link please. I already use a steel clip like that also Smile
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2913 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Thank you for the quick reply.
It looks like I am soon to be purchasing an Elvis Peek now. I have always liked the Name & Place, yet, for me it lent itself more for stage and parlor settings. Now, it seems that without any suspicious things happening, a simple impromptu routine can be accomplished.
pulpscrypt
View Profile
Elite user
Behind the Midway
433 Posts

Profile of pulpscrypt
I would love to get the link and take a peek at this peek too!
smartie_28
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of smartie_28
I would love to see the link too, can you share it with me? Thanks.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3700 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Hi takeachance, it will be a physical book. There's lots that I want to include, so it will take some time. Target release date is January 2024.

. [/quote]

Oh, it's a while off.

In that case can I please get a link to be able to view the clip Stunninger, much appreciated mate
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
Well, I'm (very) late to this party - but as the saying goes "better late than never!"

As with all of Bill's work with billets, this peek is simple, clean, straightforward and logical -- hallmarks of all of Bill's work.

Once again, thanks for sharing, Bill - you're an incredibly generous soul!!
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2913 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I had enquired about using the SMCPD in conjunction with his Elvis peek. He replied with a positive affirmation that they would work well in the aspect I was thinking. I did purchase his Elvis peek upon his response. I am extremely grateful I did! The Steel Money Clip Peek device is great as a standalone and the Elvis Peek is great by itself also, yet together... WOW!

Bill mentioned in his reply
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2022, Stunninger wrote:

...to get two separate peeks, one using the SMCPD, and a second using The Elvis Peek, could be quite useful in certain cases, with certain routines. Name and Place could be done quite deceptively. Get your first peek with SMCPD, which goes into your pocket and is not taken out again. Then get your second peek using Elvis, then the spectator holds the stack of cards between their hands. You have both secret thoughts without having to take the clip out of your pocket or even have the other card removed from the stack.

With these two methods combined, IMHO, you have the tools for a very clean dual experiment such as Name and Place and as described by Steininger, no need for any type of switches.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2433 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2022, Mr. Mindbender wrote:
Well, I'm (very) late to this party - but as the saying goes "better late than never!"

As with all of Bill's work with billets, this peek is simple, clean, straightforward and logical -- hallmarks of all of Bill's work.

Once again, thanks for sharing, Bill - you're an incredibly generous soul!!

Thank you, Mr. Mindbender. Glad you like it, and my pleasure Smile

Bill

The FOMO Peek, Business Card Q & A, & The Elvis Peek are $30 each and may be purchased by sending a PayPal to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com. Elvis Peek videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=750794&forum=218

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=715994&start=0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtMqE98Rol8&ab_channel=NiqueTan
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2433 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2022, Wravyn wrote:
I had enquired about using the SMCPD in conjunction with his Elvis peek. He replied with a positive affirmation that they would work well in the aspect I was thinking. I did purchase his Elvis peek upon his response. I am extremely grateful I did! The Steel Money Clip Peek device is great as a standalone and the Elvis Peek is great by itself also, yet together... WOW!

Bill mentioned in his reply
Quote:
On Nov 12, 2022, Stunninger wrote:

...to get two separate peeks, one using the SMCPD, and a second using The Elvis Peek, could be quite useful in certain cases, with certain routines. Name and Place could be done quite deceptively. Get your first peek with SMCPD, which goes into your pocket and is not taken out again. Then get your second peek using Elvis, then the spectator holds the stack of cards between their hands. You have both secret thoughts without having to take the clip out of your pocket or even have the other card removed from the stack.

With these two methods combined, IMHO, you have the tools for a very clean dual experiment such as Name and Place and as described by Steininger, no need for any type of switches.

Wravyn, thanks very much for your idea, and for sharing it here. The dual peek handling you suggest for Name and Place really is great. I'm glad you like The Elvis Peek too Smile

You have shared many excellent ideas on this thread. Thank you so much for all you have contributed!

Bill

The FOMO Peek, Business Card Q & A, & The Elvis Peek are $30 each and may be purchased by sending a PayPal to: mindreaderfxfx@gmail.com. Elvis Peek videos are streaming only and cannot be downloaded.

Reviews: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=750794&forum=218

gamgick73
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of gamgick73
Hi Bill,

Could you please send me a link to the video. Been performing magic for around 30 years and have been a member of the Café for over 10. Don't post that much so probably haven't met that specific criteria. If you aren't able to send the link I would appreciate if you could send details of the upcoming book.
Many thanks.
Mick.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2433 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Thank you to all who participated in this thread, sharing feedback on the the Steel Money Clip Peek Device, and to those who contributed routine ideas, or suggestions for enhancing routines. It has been wonderful to see so much positive energy and great ideas shared by many.

The free video offer has ended.

For those who missed out, full details will be included in my upcoming book. The book has a target release date of January 2024. No other details are available yet, but will be posted on this forum at the appropriate time.

I learned a great deal (or perhaps was reminded) about human nature with this whole process. Please do not PM or email me asking for the free video. The offer has ended. PMs or emails asking for the video will not be responded to.

Thank you again to all who participated.

Regards,

Bill

Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5919 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2022, Stunninger wrote:

For those who missed out, full details will be included in my upcoming book. The book has a target release date of January 2024.

Although the FREE video offer has ended, but this thread has not. Please let your wonderful thoughts/ideas on the 'Steel Money Clip Peek Device' keep coming. Thank you.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2433 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 13, 2022, Ustaad wrote:
Quote:

For those who missed out, full details will be included in my upcoming book. The book has a target release date of January 2024.

Although the FREE video offer has ended, but this thread has not. Please let your wonderful thoughts/ideas on the 'Steel Money Clip Peek Device' keep coming. Thank you.

Smile

Thank you, Ustaad Smile

Here is an updated list of the routines, routine ideas, and other ideas for enhancing routines shared so far:

1. Drawing Duplication – shown in video

2. PEEK-A-CAAN - 1KJ (p. 13)

3. Childhood Psychic Dreams - Stunninger (p. 13)

4. Weird Purchase – Greg Arce (p. 14)

5. Name and Place – Greg Arce (p. 14)

6. Magic Square Peek – Wravyn (p. 19)

7. WORD ASSOCIATION – 1KJ (p. 20)

8. WORD ASSOCIATION 2 – 1KJ (p. 20)

9. Credit Card and Currency Number Divination – EZrythm (p. 20)

10. NW Magic Square – Greg Arce (p. 21)

11. Subliminal Square – Bill Cushman (p. 21)

12. Q & A 1-2-3 – Stunninger (p. 21)

13. Small Set System – Greg Arce (p. 21)

14. Clip Slip – Greg Arce (p. 22)

15. PSY Force Engravings – Greg Arce (p. 22)

16. Slim Clip Blister – Wravyn (p. 22)

17. Connect – Stunninger (p. 23)

18. Pet Psychic – Stunninger (p. 24)

19. Pet Channeling – 1KJ (p. 24)

20. Pet Psychic Small Set – Greg Arce (p. 24)

21. Rescue – Kaliix (p. 24)

22. POGOF – Gaz (p. 25)

23. Matrix Clip – Greg Arce (p. 25)

24. Ghost Election – Stunninger (p. 25)

25. Ghost Election Multiple Outs – Greg Arce (p. 25)

26. Dowsing Rod – Stunninger (p. 25)

27. Pseudo-CMR with Non-Specific Force Suggestions – Greg Arce (p. 25)

28. Cancelling methods – 1KJ (p. 25)

29. Silver and Gold – Greg Arce (p. 26)

30. Eli Bosnik’s Question & Answer – Wrayvn (p. 26)

31. More Blister Ideas – 1KJ (p. 26)

32. MASTERPIECE – 1KJ (p.26)

33. IMAGINATION – Wravyn (p. 27)

34. SMCPD & Elvis – Wravyn (p. 28)

Thank you to all who have shared, and continue to share, ideas!

capncyclone
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of capncyclone
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2022, Stunninger wrote:
For 15 years, maybe longer, I have carried my cash and cards in my front pocket, held in a steel clip, much like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Ontel-Slim-Clip-D......1IC0XJ48

It's one of the best purchases I've ever made, because it works well, is very efficient, and looks about the same as when I bought it.

Since this is what I actually carry, I've often thought it would be great if it could be used as a peek device.

I finally made one, using my existing clip. It took about 15 minutes and didn't cost anything, as I already had everything I needed.

It works with standard US sized business cards, and you can see the peek clearly in most any lighting conditions.

The core method is very old and very simple. But it is something you can easily make yourself quite inexpensively.

And if you already carry a steel money clip, who knows, you might just like this.

If you would like to see a one minute, twenty second video showing the peek, post your request on this thread.

Nothing for sale, and nothing to buy.

I would love to see your video,too. THANK YOU.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2913 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Capncyclone, you will need to be patient
Quote:
Thank you to all who participated in this thread, sharing feedback on the the Steel Money Clip Peek Device, and to those who contributed routine ideas, or suggestions for enhancing routines. It has been wonderful to see so much positive energy and great ideas shared by many.

For those who missed out, full details will be included in my upcoming book. The book has a target release date of January 2024. No other details are available yet, but will be posted on this forum at the appropriate time.

I learned a great deal (or perhaps was reminded) about human nature with this whole process. Please do not PM or email me asking for the free video. The offer has ended. PMs or emails asking for the video will not be responded to.

Thank you again to all who participated.

Regards,

Bill

Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2913 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
In another thread about peek wallets:
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2022, Stunninger wrote:

If only the crocodile version was available with matching shoes...

Maybe that's the next frontier for high-end magic wallets. I wonder if we magicians & mind readers would be as obsessive about matching shoes as we are with our wallets.

I have matching shoes for the SMCPD... They are steel toed boots Smile
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2433 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2022, Wravyn wrote:
In another thread about peek wallets:
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2022, Stunninger wrote:

If only the crocodile version was available with matching shoes...

Maybe that's the next frontier for high-end magic wallets. I wonder if we magicians & mind readers would be as obsessive about matching shoes as we are with our wallets.

I have matching shoes for the SMCPD... They are steel toed boots Smile

Funny Smile I kid you not, I was just thinking about this yesterday!

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6695 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
It's almost 3 a.m. and I suddenly got this weird idea for the SMCPD and those initials will become important to the whole routine... plus you'll need one more device that most of have in one style or another.

I'll call this routine: INITIAL HERE:

You introduce your device by saying this as you show it about, "This is my money holder. In the business they are called Steel Money Clips, but there's almost a network of fans that just call it the SMC and we are proud owners and like to display unique ones we've found. This is my special SMC, but actually if you do an Amazon search you'll find it's very common in look and style and function. But I found something very unique about mine that is almost otherworldly. Let's give it a go and see if I can show you my SMC's power."

From with inside the clip you remove a small stack of your business cards and within that stack there is a small card that has a printed list with bullet points numbers 1, 2 and 3 and next to each bullet point there is a A and B spot. You hand that card to the spectator and a pen or pencil. Also on one side of the stack there is a small folded sheet of paper and you hand that to the spectator. You close up your stack of business cards and put them off to the side.

You now take the SMC and hand it to the spectator. You say this, "I want you to just hold onto to my SMC and just let it absorb some of you thoughts. I know that sounds strange, but just let your imagination run wild and believe this tiny object and vacuum up some of you ideas, thoughts and feelings. I'm going to pause and say nothing for a few seconds as you use your imagination and just pretend some sort of weird ceremony is taking place." You pause for an uncomfortable time. Suddenly you shout, "GOOD! It is done. Place the SMC over here and you point to the area near the stack of business cards. After they've placed the SMC down you say, "For the first time I will ask you to open up the folded sheet and stare at the pictures inside. Don't do it yet. When I tell you to do so you will open up the sheet and you will see two tiny pictures next to each number and each tiny picture will have a corresponding letter... A or B. After I give you some detail of the pictures you will take the business card and put an X over either A or B or the thought that comes to mind for that picture. In each combination you'll have more of a feeling or attachment or just a thought that makes that picture stand out over the other. Oh, and use the large sheet to hide the smaller business cards so no one can see which choices you are making. I won't see anything because I will turn around throughout the process. So, do you have any questions? No. Okay, I'll turn around and we will begin the process."

You turn your back to the spectator and say things, "For the first time unfold the sheet and stare at the pictures next to each number. Don't make any judgements yet about any of the pictures. Pick up the business card and hold it against the sheet so you can also see the number and letter of A and B next to each number. You should be able to move the card around on the sheet and see what is written there and just hide certain section with the business card when you need to. Let's begin. Pick up you pencil (or pen). Next to number 1 there is a picture of a room in a house that will be calling on you for a particular action and that is on the A picture. (The tiny photo is of a bathroom showing a toilet and next to it is a bathtub with the shower partially on) The B picture shows a dangerous animal.(A cobra) Stare at both and when you are ready, put an X over either A or B of the picture that is calling you most. Do that when you are ready and tell me when you are done." (A moment passes)

"Okay, let's now go to the number 2 photos. The A picture shows you another animal (The A shows you the classic monkey eating a banana) The B picture shows a automobile part (It is a photo of the car's hood up and showing you most of the motor) As before, stare at both picutures and X either the A or B of the photo that calls to you. Tell me when you are done. Done? Good.'

Now go to the number 3 photos. You'll that Photo A is a piece of furniture (A rocking chair) and Photo B is currency (A picture of many bills spreading outside from within a wallet). You know the drill. Stare at the photos and put an X over the one that influences you... an X over A or an X over B. And tell me when done."

The say they are done. "Good. Let's see where this got us. Please place the business card facedown so no one can see your choices. Have you done so? And if I turn around I won't see what you X'd? Good." You turn around and take their facedown business card and shove it back into your stack of cards and then you start to put the stack back into your SMC, but you stop and place the cards down and pick up the Clip to show something. "I don't know if you noticed this before or while you held my SMC, but it also has a small folded paper under the clip. And this is very important.Let me remove it. (You do that and unfold it, but keeping what is on the other side face down. You then say to the spectator) Let me take the pen back so no one accuses us of changing our minds. ( You put the writing device back into you pocket. you then take the stack of business cards, which have his choices, and shove them into the sMC as you say) And for safe keeping and to be the final judge, your choices are now locked back inside my SMC. (You pick up the paper you unfolded from the SMC and hold the printed side towards yourself) "You see my SMC comes with a special power. On this sheet which was filled hours before you came here, is a prediction. See, I call my SMC the SMCPD... The Steel Money Clip Psychic Detective. Don't laugh, I know you will. (Probably an inside joke for the Magic Café guys now) I found out that when someone else, other than myself holds this beauty... well, wonderful things occur. It's as if it knows what someone will think about in the future. What choices they will make... etc. I don't know how but it does. Let's see how good it did this time. Please look at your list of choices. I have an exact duplicate of those choices, but I made my choice - using my SMCPD - before you even came here. Let's give it a shot and see how we did."

So that I don't have to write this twice, I will be giving you part of the method as he calls out his choice then writing up what would have happened if he gave you the other choice.

"Okay, for number one you had the choices of A was a part of a house or B a dangerous animal. (You look at your sheet and say) "So you chose A which shows the SHOWER working and I said something in that photo will be calling you so it could possibly be you came from the outside and needed to wash from something that splashed on you. But for whatever reason you chose the SHOWER."

(If he X'd the animal) "Let's see. In number 1 I guess you felt danger present and chose the SNAKE. I would have done that one, too. It seems obvious.

(About this time you, the reader, might be confused as to how you show you were right and explain the other two photos as being wrong. It's all in how you NAME the photo after seeing his choice. Which you had two times to memorize 3 letter in various combintions: AAA, ABA, AAB,BBB, BAB, BBA... you could make up your own mnemonic words to code you, but I think with the two peeks you will get you can get it. Anyway, back to how your rename the other photos as not the right choices. So in the first choice he picked B. You now rename the room this way)

(if he X'd the room) "Let's see, my SMCPD tells me you wouldn't go for the COBRA. A good clean SHOWER is what you need at the moment.
(If he X'd the animal) "Let's see, my SMCPD tells me you wouldn't go for BATHROOM... maybe you would need it after seeing the SNAKE.

"Let's see what overtook you in the number 2 photos. (You look at your sheet) "Well, if my SMCPD was right you went for the cute MONKEY eating the banana. Who wouldn't?

Or "Let's see what overtook you in the number 2 photos. (You look at your sheet) "Well, if my SMCPD was right you went for the car's MOTOR. The power under you. V-room, V-room!"

Here is how you present the wrong choices he didn't pick:
"So you picked the MONKEY and not the ENGINE. Yes, cute MONKEYS win over the breakdowns and maintenance of ENGINES any day.

"So you picked the MOTOR, but apparently the cute ChIMP eating a banana didn't do it for you. MOTORS over APES any day

"And finally for the trifecta of the day, let's see what my SMCPD had me choose. ( You look at your sheet) In the number 3 section of photos it told me you would choose the comfortable CHAIR. A place two spend the hours on the porch contemplating your day."

Or: "And finally for the trifecta of the day, let's see what my SMCPD had me choose. ( You look at your sheet) In the number 3 section of photos it told me you would choose... of course, a man always needs plenty of CASH to get him through his day. You never know when it can fix a problem. Checks of are the pass, but CASH is always king.

And how you prove the other photos were wrong:

"So it looks like you didn't go for the MONEY. You are not drawn to those greedy types. You know it's about how you spend you life and better to be having memories of your fascinating life while you sit on your CHAIR then knowing others have memories of you being a GREEDY man who's only thoughts are on MONEY."

By now your spectator is probably amazed that you are getting these right, but he might think you somehow are guessing or using some other sneaky method... and you state that right out to him) I know you have a lot of thoughts running in your mind about what is going on here. How do I know all the choices you make? Well, remember, I took out my folded page before I started to call out your answers. I read off my page and you agreed I was right... forgive me, my SMCPD was right... but I never showed you my page. Look"

(You turn around your page and it is an exact duplicate of the page he has, but there are Xs in the exact spot he X'd on his business card so it proves the SMCPD was right. You continue.)

"But there's something even stranger than that. I only noticed it on my third test with another person. My SMCPD not only predicts the future, it creates the future. I see you are confused. So was I. Let's go over your choices because I already so the proof as I called out what you choose. You see, if you had chosen the photos in any other combination my SMCPD would have.... actually I don't know what it would have done. Maybe vanish, blow up, talk... I don't know because it's never happened. And you are still confused. Let me show you. (Right now, reader, I will make up the choices, but with the info I've give you you'll see how any combination can be described as a winner and any ones not chose would have been wrong) So when you looked at photos in the number 1 spot you then decided to X the SNAKE. ( You turn your photo around and show him the X on A for SNAKE) on photos 2 the cute MONKEY eating the banana was drew your attention over the ENGINE. ( you quickly show him that your X was also on the correct spot) and finally you wanted some CASH and not be bothered with an ancient ROCKING chair. (you show him the X, too) So you see what just happened? No? You choose the SNAKE then the MONKEY then the CASH ( you repeat the choices very dramatically as if you expect him to catch on) SNAKE! MONKEY! CASH! and not BATHROOM! ENGINE! ROCKING CHAIR! Get it!! SNAKE, MONKEY, CASH! S! M! C! My little SMCPD made you create its initials: SMC!!! SNAKE! MONKEY! CASH! No other combination would have worked!!

So I'll leave it up to your own devices on how you want to play this. Fun. Mysterious. A bit of both.

As for the technical stuff: When you take out the pen or pencil to have him write you put on your NW. You take your first peek as you put his business card into your stack, but don't put the stack back into the clip. You take your put back your NW as you take his pen or pencil and put it into your pocket. And you take your second peek as you put the stack of business cards back into the clip to start the routine.

I hope I made everything clear. I'm writing quickly and in the early morning hours. There were several times where I caught myself writing the wrong sequence so please check my work.

I hope this finds some use for someone or maybe can create a new path for another similar routine.

Greg Arce
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Stunninger
View Profile
Inner circle
2433 Posts

Profile of Stunninger
Greg,

Holy Cow! That is quite a routine! I love it, and appreciate both the idea and the fantastic detail in your write up. Multiple peeks and multiple methods at play...wonderful. What a fun routine. And such devious thinking Smile I look forward to using this.

Thank you very much for posting such an in-depth write up.

Bill

Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6695 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Thanks, Stunninger. Sometimes these ideas hit me out of the blue - as in 3 a.m. - and I have to quickly write them down or I'll forget them. I'm sure there a few typos here and there, but I hope it all makes enough sense.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » DIY Steel Money Clip Peek Device (478 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8..13..18..23..27~28~29~30 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL