The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper and Silver ... +one :) (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27242 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Just a small idea - for those who've learned the Roth copper and silver transposition from his book or first lecture. It's the one using the CP/CP sleight.

If you have the S/2C or post type S/C/B gaff (Fred Lowe/Ken Brook/Eddie Gibson item)

Do the first few transpositions as written. Use the odd coin as a marker for "foreign" - you or they move the coin from side to side ...
Then you pick up the third coin with your right hand.
Now do the same as before but let the gaff open before you open your hand - you've done a two for one transposition. Repeat if you want. To clean up, drop the regular two coins to the table and use a shuttle pass to transfer the "silver".

Just saying Smile

*Credits to David Roth for his routine, Presto for the CP/CP, and Connie Hayden (and Presley Guitar et al for the S/C/B gaff)
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27242 Posts

The addition is the the left hand opens to show S or c+C while the right hand does the CP/CP 2 for one with the regular C, c, and S coins Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27242 Posts

If you have the Johnson type gaff; use the smaller copper coin as the marker so the silver and Chinese change places. Smile
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1538 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
Nice. Maybe go into more detail in Secret Sessions for those not lucky enough to have known Roth and Presto et al.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27242 Posts

Quote:
On Sep 7, 2022, gregg webb wrote:
Nice. Maybe go into more detail in Secret Sessions for those not lucky enough to have known Roth and Presto et al.

Thanks Smile Here's some more detail : https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/newtopic.php?forum=37
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1459 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
That seems to be a link to create a new post.
I suspect you wanted this thread: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=37
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27242 Posts

Yes Smile Thank you
Quote:
On Sep 7, 2022, tonsofquestions wrote:
That seems to be a link to create a new post.
I suspect you wanted this thread: https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......forum=37
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Copper and Silver ... +one :) (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL