The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Kits & Kids (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tony Miller
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
How old would you say a kid should be before you get them their first magic kit?
Any kit you recommended?

Thanks.
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg

www.anthonyrmiller.com
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3781 Posts

Profile of Julie
I'm not sure about age, but the several (wooden) magic kits by Melissa & Doug are both durable and representative of GOOD MAGIC.

Julie
Tony Miller
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Thank you
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg

www.anthonyrmiller.com
Daniel A. Day II
View Profile
New user
Apache Junction, AZ
30 Posts

Profile of Daniel A. Day II
There are a lot of variables for what age the child is ready for performing magic. I have a 1.5 year old that loves watching things disappear. He even tries to copy the movements with his toy cars to make them disappear (there is some disappointment in his eyes when it doesn’t work).

I also have a 7 year old that loves magic. She loves the ball and vase and cups and balls. I have purchased a set for our eight year old, but it ended up in lost in prices in their bedroom.

For our kids, I would recommend buying a quality individual trick that they are interested in. Small sponge balls, chop cup, a deck of cards, and a hot rod is where I have started.

I second the Millissa and Doug kits.

Thanks,
Daniel
Russo
View Profile
Inner circle
So.California / Centl.Florida / retired Florida
1077 Posts

Profile of Russo
BE CAREFUL about 'sponge balls'. 60 years ago did an effect using 'mini' sponge balls, pulling them from behind my daughters ear. . My daughter,then 3 years old, I guess wanted to fool daddy. After a bit of wild nose discharge, We found one up her nose - WHEW
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Kits & Kids (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL