The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » M-box 2.0 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2739 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Purchased from 52magic. No instructions. I am unclear about how to use the boston feature with a sh**l. Can anyone help? Thanks

David
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2224 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
You get what you pay for.
52magic deals in cheap rip offs of other people's work.

Buy a proper version.

Quote:
On Sep 12, 2022, Xcath1 wrote:
Purchased from 52magic. No instructions. I am unclear about how to use the boston feature with a sh**l. Can anyone help? Thanks

David
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1459 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
Huh. I always figured 52magic was just another distributer of Oliver Magic. Some of their items are definitely knockoffs, but some are originals, like the M-Box.

That said, if you ordered it from them, try emailing them to get the link. Mine came with a small piece of paper to a youtube video.
If you look at the bottom of the box (is it solid brass or does it have patterns?) you should be able to figure out how to use the feature and the turtle. It's not particularly complicated.
Zauberman
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of Zauberman
It appears there are two 52Magic sites. I think one is not related to the other.
One sells merchandise (ChinaMagic) and seems legit. Perhaps someone else who has dealt with them can chime in.
The other is 52Magic.downloads which is not legit and I know this personally as they are selling a booklet I wrote and published for about a sixth of the cost.
Ray J
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1136 Posts

Profile of Ray J
Based upon the website design, particularly the appearance, I'd say they are separate entities. The (China Magic) one, the one that doesn't have download in its URL says it is the outgrowth from an actual magic shop, as in brick-and-mortar.

The other one is clearly an unauthorized reseller, selling things at a small fraction of the MSRP. No magician who takes the time to join a forum should give them any business. None. Zip, zero, nada.

I'm not so sure the other company is legitimate either, what with an unbranded Omni Deck for just $4.50. Or as low as $2.70 is you purchase 96 or more! Penguin currently lists Omni Deck at $25.00 although they have been on sale for lower. The Chinese website even has a couple of videos in the description, neither of which is their own. And so it goes.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2739 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I think this is legit and not that cheap either
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2739 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Phote
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1459 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I pulled out my copy of the video, and the into sequence says it's for 52china magic - which is not where I purchased it from. In fact, all of the Oliver magic branded products I've bought (not many, but I did get a few from JMagic at one point) have videos with the same 52magic intro.

I won't go so far as to say they don't knock off any products - that's certainly a thing that we've seen repeatedly. But at least some of their stuff is new, and most have original tutorial, which is better than reselling ripped videos for cheap.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » M-box 2.0 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL