The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Sam's Handcuffs by Sam Huang and Hanson Chien Production (107 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2921 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I just love this. Elegantly simple in technique, but the real work will be in refining this in terms of rhythm, intention, and choreography.

Lots of people will do this, but I also suspect lots will do it poorly because the method is so deceptively simple. In my case, I'm very excited to put in the work on refining this piece and integrating it into a fuller rubber band sequence.
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Is this a lot easier than Michael Ammars version? Best wishes Gaz Smile
MorrisCH
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of MorrisCH
Quote:
On Oct 6, 2022, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Is this a lot easier than Michael Ammars version? Best wishes Gaz Smile

waaaaay easier, I would say nearly self-working.
NicholasD25
View Profile
Regular user
182 Posts

Profile of NicholasD25
The mechanics are very easy. Giving it that smooth, melt-through look is what will take a little practice..
marco1
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of marco1
I agree that it really takes some time to make it smooth. There are a number of small things your fingers need to make happen simultaneously. One of the things that Ekaterina does which makes the end position easier is her pinky position. I think it gives the same effect. And it's close to the position shown in the instructions at 32:09. I also used the slow motion speed (under the little gear icon) instead of normal speed to really study the moments that needed further studying. I do love this effect.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Thanks guys Gaz Smile
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1105 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Just a little side question : is there a good production of a rubber band out there ?
I'm building a routine and would like the beginning to be as flashy as the finale.
Thanks,
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5282 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On Oct 9, 2022, Lawrens Godon wrote:
Just a little side question : is there a good production of a rubber band out there ?
I'm building a routine and would like the beginning to be as flashy as the finale.
Thanks,

The Crazyman's Split by Henry Harrius is a good opener (as well as a stunning closer) https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/17830
I don't do a production myself but start with Crazy Mans Handcuffs and move on to some other band stuff but I always finish with a call back to the CMH from the beginning and melt "both bands" back into one (which he teaches).
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Vogler
View Profile
Special user
Greece
652 Posts

Profile of Vogler
Do you prefer the simple handling by Sam Huang or the advanced handlings by Hanson Chien?
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
I like Sams advanced handling over Hanson’s. How you show that the bands are connected In the display (where the bands are shown like a star) are stronger in my opinion. There’s an optional end penetration handling too which I like…that has a very subtle and visual convincer for when you undo the bands at the end. Me likey.

Funny as when I watched the video, I found Hansons section to be sort of redundant with Sams superior method of proving the bands to be connected. Which he had already taught in an earlier section.

I also love the bonus penetration where you have the spec hold a band and you melt the one your holding thru it. All happens right in front of them.

This is a great release
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1738 Posts

Profile of Ross W
I' ve had this for a while now, and I'm getting much better at it. It is a mistake to think this is super-easy, though: it is only superficially so. You could do the basic move with barely any practice at all; making it look magical is much harder!

My one gripe is the tuition. It goes way to quickly (even slowed down) and requires too much stopping and starting of the video. This really is a trick where a written instruction with illustrations would work better, IMO.

Still...terrific trick!
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Hanson Chien
View Profile
New user
Taipei City, Taiwan
5 Posts

Profile of Hanson Chien
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2022, Vogler wrote:
Do you prefer the simple handling by Sam Huang or the advanced handlings by Hanson Chien?

This is a tough question, but I prefer advanced handling.
Gourmet
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of Gourmet
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2022, Hanson Chien wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 10, 2022, Vogler wrote:

This is a tough question, but I prefer advanced handling.

The handling you showed for your fellow magicians is perfect!
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
903 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Good review from David penn,Wayne fox,Paul Longhurst.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Great review, and it does beg the question: how will most of you do this? Before or as a follow up to the original CMH?
marco1
View Profile
New user
48 Posts

Profile of marco1
Thanks for sharing that review! They certainly cover all of the thoughts and amazement that I've felt too.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2251 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Love watching their review show!
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2740 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
In my CMH I do it in my hands then with the spectator holding one band then I finish breaking and restoring one of the bands on the spectators wrist. This will take the place of CMH in my hands which to be honest is the weakest part of the routine in my opinion.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Quote:
On Oct 19, 2022, Xcath1 wrote:
In my CMH I do it in my hands then with the spectator holding one band then I finish breaking and restoring one of the bands on the spectators wrist. This will take the place of CMH in my hands which to be honest is the weakest part of the routine in my opinion.

I like this. And it also reminds me of something Nate Staniforth taught in his first lecture.
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
2740 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Crazy Sam's Handcuffs by Sam Huang and Hanson Chien Production (107 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL