We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Snapped thru the mat (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10873 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Another impromptu effect that can be performed anytime and any where!

The card can even be signed!

---
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Levi Bennett
View Profile
Inner circle
1740 Posts

Profile of Levi Bennett
I like it!
Performing magic unprofessionally since 2008!
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2344 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Not even close to a new effect!
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10873 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Of course its not new I put this effect out over 20 years ago
I share my effects to anyone that may want the handling and perhaps one can improve upon it
guys like you just don't get it
Come check out my magic.

Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2344 Posts

Profile of Doomo
I put it out over 40 years ago in Apocalypse. Guys like you don't get it.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Tortuga
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1072 Posts

Profile of Tortuga
Gentlemen, the solution to this is really simple. Since Tony's contribution to the community is in print and documented, the bare minimum that Vinny should do is mention that whenever and wherever he talks about "his" invention.

Things get reinvented all the time, it is the hazard of creating something. Nobody, and I mean nobody knows every effect that has been created. Duplication, therefore is more than likely to occur. And often.

But, and this is the important point I think, when you "invent" something only to find it was already published, you go out of your way to acknowledge it. What you do from there depends.

Personally, given the fact this is in Apocalypse, and you can still buy it (in one form or another) I wouldn't be putting out any videos explaining how to do it. Others can choose to do otherwise.

For more on this and other ethical issues concerning magical invention, publishing, crediting and the like, please look for Harapan Ong's FREE book on the subject. I got mine as a free download from Vanishing, Inc.

It is a wonderful book, yes, an entire book, not simply an essay. Mr. Ong spent a great deal of time on this important issue. Give him the respect he deserves for giving this away to the community. He felt it was important and worth it and so do I.
It's never crowded on the extra mile....
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10873 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
But not with my handling ........no one does what I do and dommo just likes to attack me no big deal hes a troll
Come check out my magic.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Snapped thru the mat (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL