The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OVERDRAFT By Paul Fowler and the 1914 (make $ appear instantly) (98 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
404 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
OVERDRAFT By Paul Fowler and the 1914
https://magicnf.com/2VUB

* Make a wad of cash appear (all currencies and denominations), "clone" a credit card, make 2 credit card switch places ... much more!

* Easy to carry because the gimmicks fit in the SINGLE slot of your wallet.

* Paul is a working pro so the gimmicks and routines are tried and tested. Lewis Le Val also teaches routines and ideas for mentalists and magicians.

ON PRESALE NOW. Release: Oct 3rd

"I love this trick! It reminds me of the thief-style magic in the Now You See Me movies!" Andrew Basso (The Illusionists, Britian's Got Talent)

"An alternative to the colour changing knives that makes much more sense! A great gimmick that takes up no pocket space and leaves audiences amazed." Damien O'Brien (Killer Magic, Britian's Got Talent)

"Overdraft went instantly into my wallet. My mind is bubbling with routine ideas!" Alan Rorrison (Penn & Teller Fool Us, Prolific Magic Creator)
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6457 Posts

Profile of RNK
Looks great! Seems quite expensive for what you would receive.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6114 Posts

Profile of videoman
Agree with RNK.
I like the many possibilities and routines. Kind of a copper/silver with a credit card by the looks of it.
But I also thought the price is a bit high. I had $35 in my head after seeing the trailer.
But I realize it’s probably expensive to produce and they are of course free to charge whatever they feel they need to.
I will most likely pick it up at some point because it ticks a lot of boxes and can live in my wallet.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3659 Posts

Profile of warren
Looks great but spectators will definitely want to examine the props especially if you perform for family and friends...I look forward to the reviews and to see if there are any workarounds for the problem of people wanting to look at the cards afterwards.
Paul Fowler
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Paul Fowler
Hi everyone, Paul Fowler the creator of Overdraft here.

Wanted to jump on and answer some of your popular questions:

Each card has 6 processes done to it, one of which uses bespoke tooling, every chip in the set is real, and the two cards have slightly different chips, the numbers have a special raised lamination process done to them to make them look like they're printed on afterward so they don’t just look like part of the art, etc.
So we really went above and beyond to make these look as real as possible. The gimmick especially was very expensive to produce.

Regarding the names on the cards, this is what I do... In the routines I refer to these as pre-paid credit cards, the type you buy in a shop and top-up. This type of card does not have your name printed on it. I've never had anyone mention no names on the cards and I've done this 100's of times.

Also having the cards examined is no problem. On the download I teach you how to do this. For example the Transpo can end perfectly clean and can be seen in the trailer when I hand the black card to the spectator. The core move you will learn on this also has a display which allows you to apparently show both cards front and back and therefore essentially stops any worry of examination.

Hope this helps.

This is a real worker for me and can't wait for you all to get your hands on it.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1531 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Thank You, Paul- This looks fantastic! CONGRATULATIONS on this release! Definitely pricey so I will just have to go without starbuckies for 10 days. j/k I Although t cards can be examined I will photocopy the cards and adhere the copies to other cards and perform a switch such as with someone who was watching the routine but wasn't the assitant. When I get questions about the switched out cards I will have a list of replies such as, Oh I guess my credit is no longer any good, etc. Maybe even add the word, DECLINED in big letters across the face. Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Paul Fowler
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Paul Fowler
Also just to clarify

You get 2x normal examinable credit cards and 1x gimmick.
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1053 Posts

Profile of David Klass
I also like the look of this.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6457 Posts

Profile of RNK
I will say when I saw the cards on the trailer they did look genuine so the price point makes sense. I also believe this routine looks be a real worker as Paul said it has been for him.

After watching the demo I immediately thought this will be great to perform. Definitely not worried about having the cards examined, for cost of this and looks of the cards I do believe Paul has worked out all the angles.
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2022, Paul Fowler wrote:
Also just to clarify

You get 2x normal examinable credit cards and 1x gimmick.

Can you please tell us that no elastics are used (hopefully) ????
Paul Fowler
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Paul Fowler
No elastics, no magnets, nothing to break
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12587 Posts

Profile of John C
I never allow examination of anything. It ruins the flow of my set.

At the end, I hand out a prop and say, I'm sure you would like to look at this? then I immediately pullit back and say, But it would ruin the flow of my show.

Everyone laughs. haha
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
6014 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
A heads up from someone who has been doing this type of effect for years.
I stuck 2 cards together with different front and backs at first and if you do the two card move through the hands followed by a flustration count then you are flying.
It’s eye candy at its best imho Gaz Smile
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1469 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2022, Paul Fowler wrote:
No elastics, no magnets, nothing to break

Thank you! After watching the complete trailer everything was totally clear.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1069 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
I love the looks of this!!! def getting it!
Unique in that it's an everyday item we all carry.
I was in the Army, so I use my travels as a means to acquire various coins, cards, boxes etc.
The credit cards, are not a problem at all to explain. Well, not explain, but just use.

This is going to be fun!!!!!!!!

Price? Worth it!
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Agree that this is quite pricey but when I get it , I will use it a lot .
Some excellent effects which are direct & great for mix & mingle with two every day objects that people relate to .
All that is needed is the knowledge of basic simple playing card moves .
Also we get a couple of excellent simple routine by Lewis as well .
You can’t go wrong with this .
1914 does it again !
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Also it’s a great idea from Lewis to include a version of ASI WINDS effect which doesn’t use playing cards ( which the spectator seems to find hard to hold the fan of cards straight in)
Much simpler for them just to hold a single playing card .
Excellent & simple.
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1206 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Debit card that is
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
939 Posts

Profile of DrRob
Well Done to Paul and 1914 this looks great Cant wait to get mine and show it to people - Perfect timing to release with the head up to the holidays when people use cards more than ever. An Andy Nyman effect uses a similar principal from what I could make out from the trailer and my knowledge of workings of things one of those things easy to perform but will take practice to perform seamlessly "As it should.

Ron
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3659 Posts

Profile of warren
Quote:
On Sep 24, 2022, John C wrote:
I never allow examination of anything. It ruins the flow of my set.

At the end, I hand out a prop and say, I'm sure you would like to look at this? then I immediately pullit back and say, But it would ruin the flow of my show.

Everyone laughs. haha

I understand that at an actual gig but if your performing for friends they are going to ask to examine it
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » OVERDRAFT By Paul Fowler and the 1914 (make $ appear instantly) (98 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..11~12~13 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL