The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blessing by Nikolas Mavresis (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1069 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
The Blessing, by Nikolas Mavresis

https://alakazam.co.uk/products/the-bles......mavresis

The Blessing is an engaging effect combined with multiple hard hitting kickers.

A deck of Tarot cards are introduced to your audience. You recount a tale from years gone by of the wealthy who would pay heavily to have protection from any bad cards or curse with may show themselves during their Tarot reading.

Three spectators are asked to join you and each is given a small wooden disc which is said to protect the bearer from harm. The Tarot are then mixed and each spectator rolls a die. Once they are happy with the total number fate has given them, Each victim....Sorry spectator is dealt five Tarot cards from the top of the deck. They then proceed move cards from the top of their pile to the bottom to exact number they chose with the dice. The top cards from each of their piles are revealed. You "the Magi" give each participant a reading for their chosen Tarot. The readings are all wonderful and positive, But why wouldn't they be? They have the protective amulet. You may be thinking this is just a coincidence? You ask each spectator to remove their charm from their pockets and to turn them over where they can clearly see that each of the discs has been engraved to represent their chosen Tarot. Still not convinced?, you now turn over every other card in their pile and in fact the deck and they are all DEATH proving that they have indeed been protected.

The Blessing comes complete with

Full Video Instructions

Custom Tarot Deck

Three Ornate Dice

Five Custom Engraved Wooden Discs

A Black Velvet Bag To Carry All Your Blessing Props
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4649 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I like this , I gotta get it.
roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
809 Posts

Profile of roblane
Make that two
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1593 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Waiting for mine to arrive next week
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3431 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
This has potential. I hope the props are good. I just placed my order.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1380 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Hmm yes see that it has great potential in the right circumstances - quite a long effect. WIll await reviews on this one.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
359 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Like the props, slightly underwhelmed by the routine
mavresis_n
View Profile
New user
73 Posts

Profile of mavresis_n
Hey guys, thanks for the comments. Let me know what you think of the props when you get them. As for the routine, it can be adjusted to your liking. Mine doesn't exceed the 3-minute mark. I usually perform it to 2 spectators and also I don't have them choose a death card from the deck as I think it kind of gives the ending away.

Nikolas
PortraIT | The Blessing | FORTUNA | Personality | Memories | The A Project | Stroop Test | CineMental | The Collector | Sumology | Zener Match | Spellebrity | Destinations | POISON |

www.mavresis.com/shop
David Klass
View Profile
Inner circle
Beckenham, England
1053 Posts

Profile of David Klass
Ordered and it turned up before the trailer finished.
Bottom Drawer
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of Bottom Drawer
Straight into my A list set

BD
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
6479 Posts

Profile of RNK
Effects like this one where a selections is the only of it's kind and everything else is blank or the same always gets great responses. I think this looks really nice.
Alakazam Magic Official
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Alakazam Magic Official
I also have a few bonus routines that will be added to all purchasers accounts hopefully later this week or next week.

Regards

Peter
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1593 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Recieved & very nice package in all. Love the dice & the deck have a simple backing that doesn't scream marked (not that it is or needs to be). Simple mechanics & love that Jamie performed with explanation video.
Haven't tried out yet, but I can see this being both fun & getting a good reaction !
Really like that this was modified using tarot instead of originally with cards.

It's open to using whatever storyline you want to, Jamie's is a great one to run with, I have a few tweaks to story for my own use.

I may add a small cross on blank side with a dark stain paint I have to chips that they are blessing chips for an extra extra kick connection (Peter, if it works I'll send you my idea for others to use & post in crypt here )
roblane
View Profile
Special user
809 Posts

Profile of roblane
Very happy too, but I might have missed summat on the explanation….
Anyone know what happens if your dice roll is three, please?
Thomas Walter
View Profile
Elite user
Well, it is strange that at my age, I certanly should have more than
480 Posts

Profile of Thomas Walter
Quote:
On Oct 7, 2022, roblane wrote:
Very happy too, but I might have missed summat on the explanation….
Anyone know what happens if your dice roll is three, please?

I think they did not remember to mention that 0 (zero) also must be considered as a "target number" and if your dice roll sum is three, you'll use the handling for "three over".

Ok?
roblane
View Profile
Special user
809 Posts

Profile of roblane
Gotcha, thanks Thomas
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1593 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yes I've been playing with this 1st to work out "bugs" I see. I've found treating 3 & 4 rolled #'s & 6,7,8,(9) same as 11,12, 13,(14) #'s rolls with what you need to do as taught for 11 & on. Hope that keeps that cryptic enough except to buyers of this from going into divulging any secret of workings.

For me not a problem & workings are still smooth to remember imo.
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1069 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Still waiting on mine to arrive... (I ordered a back ordered item; and I wanted it all in one shipment).

Can't wait to try this out!!!!
JBD
View Profile
New user
65 Posts

Profile of JBD
When I first saw The Blessing I was blown away! Nikolas Mavresis and Alakazam have done it again!! The many effects I have from this collaboration are simply outstanding. People out and about bump into me and remember me months/ years later just from performing these effects. My first thoughts were the 45 pounds price tag. This was soon put behind me when I received the great props and learned the unbelievable simplicity of the workings of the Blessing. The reactions I have been getting performing this are unreal!! I always have reservations with effects and prices paid, will it be left in a drawer, this one DEFINITELY NOT!! I am amazed when I practice the effect to myself!! All Peter and H need to do is bring out the dream expansion pack 2 sets of 22 major arcana and some double backs in both same and dual colour backs. The 4 bonus routines with John Carey and Peter Nardi are worth the price of the effect on their own!! I love Peters last effect the devils poker game. Andy from the shop is always helpful with great advice and a pleasure to deal with. I highly recommend this effect, doubters out there get one, before the go out of stock!!! It is not always I review many effects, which I should. This one had to get a review!!!
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2848 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
I like this one. I have never cared for card tricks done with reading cards, though this one is quite impressive.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Blessing by Nikolas Mavresis (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL