The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » A few video clips... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
There are a few video clips I've popped on my crude webspace:

http://hometown.aol.com/randymagic/page8.html

I don't believe Mac users will be able to view them, as I've rendered them in WMV format. They should work fine for Win 98 and up users, assuming you have the current Windows media player.

I'm trying to find a file size / bitrate setting that is good enough to view - - yet, without download times that are too long for dial-up users. This is a compromise. 56K dial up users should be able to bring them in 90 seconds or so.

Any feedback is welcomed. Yes, the Mike Gallo clip is not "card related," but the rest obviously are. Post or PM, either way it is appreciated.
Paul Menzel
View Profile
Special user
Boise, Idaho
530 Posts

Profile of Paul Menzel
The clips work fine on my Mac with Windows Media Player.
Card Sheister
View Profile
Regular user
Ninja
182 Posts

Profile of Card Sheister
Randy, you are a funny guy. Great comedy.

This is all I could find. Smile
Smile
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
On 2002-07-31 05:57, Paul M wrote:
The clips work fine on my Mac with Windows Media Player.

That's good news - - - all of the "complaints" I've had have been from Mac users who say the clips will not load . . .
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
On 2002-07-31 09:02, smu johnson wrote:
Randy, you are a funny guy. Great comedy.

This is all I could find.. Smile Smile

Perhaps you stumbled on to my "sea monkey" training pages, or my worm ranching tips --

It is embarassing to have to tell your neighbors that your prize-winning herd has escaped to beneath their house:

"They've crawlen, and they won't come up."

Nevertheless, it's better than my "Uncle Milton's" ant farm video. Perhaps it was the lack of a real world audience that failed to show the true entertainment value.

So, back to gluing plastic fins onto unsuspecting lizards for my next Flash Gordon epic . . .
J R Thomas
View Profile
Regular user
Champaign Illinois
138 Posts

Profile of J R Thomas
Nicely done. Makes me want to go back and learn the Formula One Routine.

A little blurrly here at work. Did not take long to load. I'm on a Dell Latitude with Windows XP.

Keep up the good work.

I'll tell Andy we need two copies of the Best of RW.
Those who hear not the music

Think the dancers mad
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
On 2002-07-31 14:09, J R Thomas wrote:

A little blurrly here at work.

That's my dilemma. The only solution I can think of at the moment is to render two files: one easily downloadable by dial up users, the other high quality for high speed connections / / / or those who don't mind the wait.
aceofpablo
View Profile
New user
Mexico
17 Posts

Profile of aceofpablo
Great video, in my opinion.

aceofpablo Smile
love the art since I was five practice fully since I was ten , sixteen already havent stop and never will.
Magic is my life and my life is magic.
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Thanks . . . I'm not sure what "great" means, but it is quality issues I'm concerned about, before I haul off and render 20 clips or so . .

Cheers,

Randy
Shenaniganz
View Profile
New user
Cypress, CA
100 Posts

Profile of Shenaniganz
The clips are a bit fuzzy- But not so much that you cant see whats going on. They loaded in about a minute (DSL) You could put two versions up if you have the space. One for dial up, and one for high speed connections. I wouldnt mind waiting a little longer to download better quality, but what you have now is fine.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
where does that routine come from? i like it. i do not have a "multiple location" trick except for 2 cards.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Dan Farmer
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Nevada
235 Posts

Profile of Dan Farmer
You could also experiment with a different encoding method. Divx seems to be the choice for good quality and small file sizes. Generally it's about 1 mb per minute of video...the other good thing about divx mpegs is that they are standard and cross platform so you can watch them on linux, BeOS, mac, windows...whatever.

Divx is what all the college kids pirate DVDs on to, not that I know anyone personally.

-Dan
gmartins
View Profile
New user
Portugal
88 Posts

Profile of gmartins
I love multiple selections routine, and Randy routine is very nice. I like the production from the pocket and the subsequent suspense. Liked the 10 card trick also. Very good Randy.
Gonçalo Martins
Monkey
View Profile
New user
Canada
12 Posts

Profile of Monkey
Randy, I loved the standing ten! F1 was great too! Bravo. Smile
dchung
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
616 Posts

Profile of dchung
All I've seen so far is the standing ten. Slow modem. But I love it.

Cheers,
dchung
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Thanks to everyone for their public replies-

You've given me some direction in which way to render, so perhaps we can lock this thread until I have better quality clips up and running.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » A few video clips... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL