The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Copper silver (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kemscoins
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Kemscoins
Hello everyone! I was wondering if anyone knows where I can find a nice copper silver coin with Eisenhower and copper British penny? Every where I look it seems to only be Eisenhower with copper Morgan. I suppose I could just get that. But I have a lot more Eisenhower coins than Morgans.

I have also seen Copeland coins sells an Eisenhower with a copper Tiger tan. That has caught my eye.
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9227 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Welcome to the Café, Kem. Smile

Check a cool member here, Twocan. He should be able to help, as he is a master maker of the C/S coin. Tell’em Mb sent’cha. Smile

https://perch-star-nbdt.squarespace.com/home

Good journey to you. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Kemscoins
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Kemscoins
Thank you much Mb!! Just checked out some of his work and they look amazing!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4467 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
The problem is that there is a size difference between an Eisenhower or Morgan dollar, and a british penny. A half dollar matches up well with the penny, but a dollar has to match up with the appropriate sized coin. The copper Morgan is a copper round, and there are different types you can find. There are real coins as well, which you can find on the sites of the various coin gaffers. But if you are going with an Eisenhower, don't use an old rare copper coin - they don't go together.
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC SPECIAL:
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Kemscoins
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Kemscoins
Thank you for your feedback Michael!! I think I might just go the Copeland coin route. I like the way those look and they do have an Eisenhower option.

Also plan on buying your coin magic book. I already have Roths expert coin magic, Richard Kaufman coin magic, Geoff Lattas the long goodbye, and of course Bobos. Yours is the last on my list that I need! Plan on purchasing tomorrow.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
I second Dr. Rubinstein here. The British penny a non-starter since it's the wrong size, and I wouldn't do a cheap copper round (which is a bit too large) with an expensive real coin, or an expensive old coin with an Eisenhower.

The Copeland coins are fantastically made, but a bit pricey if you're getting it in Eisenhower. It might be worth spending a little extra for the silver. Or you could go for a custom coin, it all depends on what you need and want.
TWOCAN
View Profile
Special user
PORT RICHEY FLORIDA
860 Posts

Profile of TWOCAN
The copper rounds are great but do have to be shaved on edge about 2mm but not a big deal ,
Maker of Copper /Silver coin gaffs ,

https://perch-star-nbdt.squarespace.com/home

Okito box clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=100n9CnFjXw
Visit my face book page , Copper silver coins by PT
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2228 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
British crowns are a better size match to dollar coins than English Pennies.

There may still be a slight size difference to get them to line up perfectly.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Copper silver (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL