The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bronze-Copper in similar size as Silver dollar? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Amazing_kenno
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Amazing_kenno
For some stand up, walk-around magic involving spellbound, I would like to find a bronze or copper coin that is larger than an English penny and more comparable to a US silver dollar. Any thoughts and suggestions are welcome!! Thank you, Kenno
karnak
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
673 Posts

Profile of karnak
Google “copper rounds.” There are many different designs available, from various makers/sellers.

The 1 oz size is about 39mm in diameter. (Silver dollars are 38mm.)
For a supernatural chiller mixing magic (prestidigitation, legerdemain) with Magic (occultism, mysticism), check out my novel MAGIC: AN OCCULT THRILLER at http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Occult-Thriller-Reed-Hall/dp/1453874836
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1474 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
You have lots of choices, and it depends on how precise a match you need, and if you just want bare coins or gimmicks.
Copper rounds are the right size, and I think they make brass rounds, too.
Copeland coins makes some that are exactly the same dimensions as a dollar coin - along with a C/S that's fantastic, if that's your speed.
Ellusionist made those Pirate coins for a while (also the Artifact coins, which I think are out of print).
There are also some real coins, I think Roy Kueppers sometimes uses a 5 Rupee coin, but I don't know how hard they are to find these days.

If you'd prefer a coin with a hole, most dealers have dollar-sized Chinese coins - Tango, Royal, Johnson (likely out of stock), etc.

There have also been a bunch of various releases with dollar-sized coins (Sean Goodman's Duo comes to mind) and Oliver magic has several, as well.
Amazing_kenno
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Amazing_kenno
Quote:
On Oct 29, 2022, karnak wrote:
Google “copper rounds.” There are many different designs available, from various makers/sellers.

The 1 oz size is about 39mm in diameter. (Silver dollars are 38mm.)
Amazing_kenno
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Amazing_kenno
Very helpful !! thank you
Amazing_kenno
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Amazing_kenno
Quote:
On Oct 30, 2022, tonsofquestions wrote:
You have lots of choices, and it depends on how precise a match you need, and if you just want bare coins or gimmicks.
Copper rounds are the right size, and I think they make brass rounds, too.
Copeland coins makes some that are exactly the same dimensions as a dollar coin - along with a C/S that's fantastic, if that's your speed.
Ellusionist made those Pirate coins for a while (also the Artifact coins, which I think are out of print).
There are also some real coins, I think Roy Kueppers sometimes uses a 5 Rupee coin, but I don't know how hard they are to find these days.

If you'd prefer a coin with a hole, most dealers have dollar-sized Chinese coins - Tango, Royal, Johnson (likely out of stock), etc.

There have also been a bunch of various releases with dollar-sized coins (Sean Goodman's Duo comes to mind) and Oliver magic has several, as well.
Amazing_kenno
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of Amazing_kenno
Also very helpful -- basically some in colour contrast and of similar weight and shape. I have some chinese coins but was looking for the brass/copper. thank you.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1474 Posts

And I suggested the Chinese coins because they're typically made out of brass, just as you'd asked after. That's where the "brazs" in "Copper, Silver, Brass" comes from...
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
I know this is an old thread, but just saw it and remembered there used to be copper coins the size of a silver dollar that looked like a big penny. Also think some coin catalogs have big copper coins that are commemoratives or something. I'll check.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1474 Posts

You mean like the Sudbury Penny? https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......orum=202
Yes, but they're extremely hard to find these days.

The commemorative ones are usually the copper rounds folks mentioned above.
gregg webb
View Profile
Inner circle
1564 Posts

Profile of gregg webb
The Chinese coins sound nice.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27251 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Replica bitcoins are dollar sized. Also challenge coins, wooden nickles, poker chips...
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Bronze-Copper in similar size as Silver dollar? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL