The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin magic on Fool Us (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4468 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Please join me in ONE WEEK on November 18, 2022, as I perform a special new coin routine as a tribute to David Roth, on Penn and Teller Fool Us! Can I fool the guys? Tune in next week (on the CW) to find out!

Click here to view attached image.
RUBINSTEIN COIN MAGIC SPECIAL:
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
JoeHohman
View Profile
Special user
Erie
675 Posts

Profile of JoeHohman
I will be watching, Doc! Break a leg.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4468 Posts

Thanks! Let me know what you think after the show airs!
I HAVE A LIMITED AMOUNT OF COPIES AVAILABLE TO BE SIGNED, AND COME WITH A SPECIAL FREE GIFT! If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
fonda57
View Profile
Inner circle
chicago
2980 Posts

Profile of fonda57
I'll be watching coins in hand
I j
Andy Young
View Profile
Special user
Jersey Shore, PA
779 Posts

Profile of Andy Young
Gouda luck! I hope the puns aren't to cheesy.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4468 Posts

Just a few ????
There is one the producers asked me to insert that I wasn't crazy about...but they made other helpful suggestions as well so you just go with the flow.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4468 Posts

Hey Andy, I don't know what happened with the first line. I wrote "Just a few" with a smile emoji, and then I looked and there were a bunch of question marks. Don't know what that was all about.
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4468 Posts

Tomorrow, tomorrow,
The show airs, tomorrow,
You're only a day away!
Nov. 18, 8 PM EST on the CW
Don't miss it as I try to fool the guys with a special routine created to honor the memory of David Roth!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4468 Posts

Who likes show tunes?

Tonight, tonight, won't be just any night,
Tonight I'm gonna be on TV!
Tonight, tonight, the magic starts tonight,
Penn and Teller, Allison and ME!
Tonight, I'll try something that's so new,
I hope that it will fool you, so watch and you will see,
Where coins appear, after they disappear,
Will I win, just tune in, and you'll see,
TONIGHT!!

8 PM EST on the CW. Let me know what you think after it airs! Oh, and on the NINETEENTH, look for a special announcement!!!
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9230 Posts

Profile of Mb217
I’ll be watching…All the best, but you’ve already won in paying homage to Roth. Good luck!
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4468 Posts

Thanks so much Marion, I hope you enjoy it!! Be sure to watch for some famous Roth patter lines !!
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4468 Posts

Thanks to all who watched the show last night! And here is the special announcement for those who are interested...

https://youtu.be/4DAHCkdrTcc

On Penn and Teller Fool Us, Dr. Michael Rubinstein performed his NEW coin plot, The OTHER Hand. A true showpiece lasting 5 minutes, Rubinstein anticipated an interest from magicians who wanted to learn and perform the routine. He decided to release a LIMITED EDITION Close-up version!
- Only 60 signed and numbered sets will ever be produced!
- No elaborate set-up. All you need are the supplied props and a Close-up pad, and you are good to go!
- Beautiful props include a wood box, a TCC coin purse, and a specially made silicone hand, perfect for the close-up version!
- The 1 hour 42 minute video tutorial is a complete course in sleight of hand. In addition to learing the routine in meticulous detail, you will learn such sleights the Variation Retention Pass, R.O.P.S. click pass technique, Stealth palm, and more! Front and back views make learning easy!
- Many extras included such as:
1. Optional spellbound sequence.
2. Alternative methods for performance including the use of JW grip and sleeving.
3. Optional kicker ending of a large coin finish!
4. Included with the tutorial as well is the complete set-up and explanation for the stage version, exactly as performed on Fool Us!
Here's what other magicians have to say:

"This is such a baffling and entertaining piece of magic. The props are charming and fun and the tutorial is superb. You get a very workable routine that can be performed under most conditions. Michael has really hit it out of the park with this one!"
-Marc DeSouza

"If you love fun, quirky, entertaining coin magic, look no further. Dr. Rubinstein has put together a wonderful homage to Roth with this routine. On top of that, the props included are fantastic!"
- Rick Holcombe

"The Doctor has done it again, creating a whimsical and entertaining routine with interesting props called “The Other Hand”. It's modular, so you can plug and play what you like and easily change portions to suit your performing preferences Two thumbs (including the other hand) WAY UP!"
- Mike Peckham

"The good doctor has struck gold (again) with his new release "The Other Hand". A true show stopper guaranteed to fool and entertain all audiences! If you love close-up magic that packs a wallop then don't wait...GET IT!!!"
- Mike Gallo

Priced at $150, these will be sought after by collectors and enthusiasts alike. For ordering information, contact:
rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4468 Posts

I will post the show spot as soon as it comes up on YouTube, but here is a full performance of the close-up version. Thanks to all who have shown interest. Half of the limited edition sets went out this weekend!

https://youtu.be/DtYRvd3q5H0
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Dr. Rubinstein was gracious enough to send me the close-up version of this wonderful routine.

Checkout the video to see the props up close and hear my thoughts.

Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4468 Posts

Thanks so much Rick!
Here is the YouTube link to my segment on Fool Us, in case you missed the show.
Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/2do4Mbvihpk
Nev Blenk
View Profile
Regular user
Northumberland UK
115 Posts

Profile of Nev Blenk
Doc ... Just watched the Fool Us clip. Fantastic and touching tribute and such a fun routine.... Bravo !!!!

Nev
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4468 Posts

Thanks Nev, glad you enjoyed it! The show version is not as versatile as the close-up version, but it is great for larger audiences.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9636 Posts

Profile of funsway
Audience expectations have changed over the years and you seem to be keyed into that flow.
Too bad the focus of the show is "fool me" rather than creating a magical experience for the audience.
Even your puns were acceptable Smile Wish we could have been watching the audience instead of the hosts.
Glad you got to share this with us.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4468 Posts

Thanks so much! The producers impress upon you (and Penn and Teller have also said so publicly) that the focus of the show is really to showcase good magic. The Fool Us thing was just a gimmick to get the show to air. The fooling them thing seems to vary. They don't seem to explain every nuance of the trick, they just focus on the basic idea and that seems to be enough. I have no idea if they really got the whole thing (I had several surprises in there - the appearance of the copper coin, the complete vanishes, and the double ending), but it is bad television to get into a back and forth with them, so you accept that they said enough in their discussion that Mike Close (the judge) tells them that they got it. Sure, it is fun to win the trophy (my wife equates it to the lamp from A Christmas Story and would have NOT put it in the window lol) the real honor is being accepted to perform on national TV twice. Grateful to ave had the opportunity also to honor Roth.
PS - due to Covid, still no live audience.
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2957 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Quote:
On Nov 22, 2022, Michael Rubinstein wrote:

Here is the YouTube link to my segment on Fool Us, in case you missed the show.
Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/2do4Mbvihpk

Nicely done, Michael. I think you've accomplished your goal with this enjoyable routine.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Coin magic on Fool Us (30 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL