The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Hot off the Press! » » Bicycle Balloon Ocean Playing Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EndersGame
View Profile
Inner circle
Reviewer EndersGame
2198 Posts

Profile of EndersGame
The Bicycle Balloon Ocean deck is a companion to the delightful Bicycle Balloon Jungle deck from PCD. Balloon Animals are still the theme, but now they're under the water instead of in the jungle.

There are actually three versions:

It's definitely a novelty deck, and won't be for everyone, but it's extremely colourful, and the borderless back design is great for fans and cardistry. The court cards are especially charming, but I quite like the number cards and Jokers too. It's really something that is bursting with colour and life, and is fun to carry around and fiddle with throughout the day.

I managed to get an advance copy of the Balloon Ocean deck when I recently picked up the Balloon Jungle deck, and the two decks really pair well together. The Balloon Jungle has fans which emphasize green, with a tinge of blue, while the Balloon Ocean has fans which emphasize orange, with a tinge of purple. They both have blue and red pips but the animals are of course very different - the Balloon Ocean deck has court cards with animals like a shark, ray, jellyfish, crayfish, seahorse, and fish, and the Jokers have starfish and shells. In other words, it's different enough that it doesn't feel like more of the same, and yet it is a great companion alongside the Balloon Jungle deck.

I've shown both decks to friends and family, and they both had immediate appeal all round, and people loved them. The deck is printed by USPCC on their Classic stock. Below are some of the promo pictures.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Hot off the Press! » » Bicycle Balloon Ocean Playing Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL