The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LEISURE by Paul Carnazzo / Mental Voyage (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
WeeBrian
View Profile
New user
Cologne, DE
53 Posts

Profile of WeeBrian
Https://www.mentalvoyage.com/products/leisure

$25.00

With Leisure, you'll be able to miraculously read the minds of up to three spectators!

Your spectators select words from a list of twenty-four different words and form an image in their minds related to their selection. With no questions, you are able to describe their thought of image with amazing detail!

Leisure is very direct and requires no fishing. The routine is flexible and can be used for one to three people, and allows you to reveal details about their thought of images as well as the exact thought of words!

* No Fishing

* No Anagrams

* No Questions

* No Math

If you liked Lexicology, you'll love Leisure!
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Thanks for sharing this WeeBrian!

David from Magic Orthodoxy recently reviewed this, you can watch it here: https://youtu.be/U6iInsm0GiI

If you have any questions you can asked them here and I'll do my best to answer them.

Best,

PC
remember....always use your powers for good!

http://www.mentalvoyage.com
bentpenny
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of bentpenny
Would you recommend doing the revelation as a drawing? Or do you think solely describing it is a more powerful revelation? I guess some of the words might be difficult to draw ... such as "hover" or "trample". In those cases, you could probably default to just words I suppose.
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On Nov 30, 2022, bentpenny wrote:
Would you recommend doing the revelation as a drawing? Or do you think solely describing it is a more powerful revelation? I guess some of the words might be difficult to draw ... such as "hover" or "trample". In those cases, you could probably default to just words I suppose.

Hi BP, thanks for the interest!

The image of the card on the website does not include the actual words on the card, this is so the card can’t be easily duplicated… so the words you mentioned aren’t actually on the card.

With leisure, I feel the directness of a verbal revelation is best, as you may find it difficult to draw their actual thoughts.

I hope that helps! Please let me know if you have any other questions.

bentpenny
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of bentpenny
Thanks Paul, very much appreciated.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Exciting news about Paul's latest release. Somehow I seemed to have missed it but very much like it's theme. Will be picking this up.

Neil
influentialist
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of influentialist
I'm a subscriber to Paul's email list and jumped on this as soon as it was announced.

It's an interesting ariation and agree that it really lends itself to a verbal revelation. It's difficult to compare with Lexicology without giving too much away, but I will say the method is different and a little more streamlined.

If you are a fan of Paul's work I think this is a nice addition.
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
700 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Hi Paul,

I do a travel routine using Looch's place cards as a segueway from the travel destinations that form a bit of a background in Chris Philpott's French Postcards.

Is "travel" explicitly the theme of this effect or just a title? If it has the potential for use in a destination-based routine then I'm in, but the words and phrases on the webpage didn't seem to obviously link?
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2022, dirtyfoucault wrote:
Hi Paul,

I do a travel routine using Looch's place cards as a segueway from the travel destinations that form a bit of a background in Chris Philpott's French Postcards.

Is "travel" explicitly the theme of this effect or just a title? If it has the potential for use in a destination-based routine then I'm in, but the words and phrases on the webpage didn't seem to obviously link?

Hi,

I'm not familiar with the routines you've mentioned. Without saying too much, there are three revelations with Leisure, one is regarding Travel, one is regarding Dining and the last one involves Reading.

The words shown on the webpage aren't the actual words on the card, they are just used to represent the layout of the card. As mentioned above, this is so the card can't be easily duplicated.

I hope that helps!

1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I have some pretty powerful mentalism, but I really like these cards for a much more light hearted "bit of fun" that only requires a credit card size card. I typically carry three of them in my wallet, I'll be adding this one to the rotation.

KJ

p.s. I challenge Paul to come up with a few routines, magic or mentalism, that use any three of his cards in fun ways.
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Quote:
On Dec 1, 2022, dirtyfoucault wrote:
Hi Paul,

I have this, and I would not say this has a travel explicit theme. I feel that if you mention a travel theme you are lessening its impact, and maybe revealing a possible method. The words on the card
should be displayed as some random words the Institute felt were easily visualized. It just so happens one of the spectators selects a word related to travel. Using that as a segue into a travel
themed routine would make it seem you knew in advance they would pick a travel related word.

Hope this makes sense. Also, this makes a good card to have if you use Lexicology 2.0. They look similar. So you could swap out cards if you're
in a situation where someone who saw you do it with one of the cards, will still be fooled with the other card. Again, you only mention the words
are random and chosen because they can be easily visualized.

Woodfield
dirtyfoucault
View Profile
Special user
UK
700 Posts

Profile of dirtyfoucault
Thanks Woodfield, that does make sense.

The segue into a travel theme might be useful if you want to demonstrate powers of prediction, but I suppose the danger is you might then be lessening the sense that they had a free choice. I suspect this would be better used a separate effect. For me at least. Thanks for your very helpful info.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
How repeatable is this? If I performed this for someone, and they saw me perform it for someone later would there be an issue?
influentialist
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of influentialist
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2022, Chaz93 wrote:
How repeatable is this? If I performed this for someone, and they saw me perform it for someone later would there be an issue?

Without giving away too much, I'd say that even though different people would likely choose different words, you don't want to repeat it as that would almost certainly tip the method, or at least give away more than you'd like.

You could easily pull out another one of Paul's effects and perform that though, as this method is different from his others used in Lexicolgy, Depiction, Perjury etc.
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Agree, that's why I like Leisure. It's a great card to have with Lexicology. Same effect, different words.
Very direct, no fishing. The card goes away after they select their words.
Chaz93
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1753 Posts

Profile of Chaz93
Quote:
On Dec 4, 2022, influentialist wrote:
Quote:
On Dec 3, 2022, Chaz93 wrote:

Without giving away too much, I'd say that even though different people would likely choose different words, you don't want to repeat it as that would almost certainly tip the method, or at least give away more than you'd like.

You could easily pull out another one of Paul's effects and perform that though, as this method is different from his others used in Lexicolgy, Depiction, Perjury etc.

Thanks, that is along the lines of what I was thinking in regards repeatability.
nique
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
940 Posts

Profile of nique
Hey guys!

I chat about Leisure here, hope it helps some of you out there!

~ Nique

https://youtube.com/user/nateuqin

"ChairLess - A Chair Prediction"

"Epique - A Mental Epic"

"TAP - The Assignment Prediction"

PM or email me for details:

niquetan@gmail.com

Reviews here:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=462773&forum=303&13

https://m.facebook.com/niquetanmindreader/

www.niquetan.com
Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Regarding some of the questions above:

I do not recommend mentioning that there is a "theme" to your spectators, just let them look at the card stating that there are 48 different words.

I would also not recommend repeating the full routine for Lesiure in front of the same audience, but you could perform it for 3 separate people separately in the same audience by using different lists on the card.

I hope that helps answer some questions.

Paul Carnazzo
View Profile
Inner circle
1174 Posts

Profile of Paul Carnazzo
Quote:
On Dec 5, 2022, nique wrote:
Hey guys!

I chat about Leisure here, hope it helps some of you out there!

~ Nique

Thank you Nique!!

David at Magic Orthodoxy recently reviewed Leisure as well:

https://youtu.be/U6iInsm0GiI

As did Chris from Chris Edwards Magic:

https://youtu.be/upwSwwfR3h8

Thank you David and Chris!

NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Somehow I missed the email announcing this new wallet card.

Somehow I did not get round to ordering until recently.

And now I have this new card, I think this could well be by favourite of Pauls many wallet card effects. It is simple in operation and what is really good is the effect can be taken in so many directions. You can hone in on an exact word or just describe the essence of what the spectator is thinking of and, in the process, score many hits.

Although I only received Leisure yesterday I have already had chance to perform it on my son and he was gobsmacked. He had absolutely no idea how I hit upon his thoughts.

This is my favourite sort of mentalism - simple, straightforward and with a strong revelation. Also, as with other Mental Voyage cards, built into the card is an ESP effect and this too worked a dream.

Paul Carnazzo has really come up trumps with Leisure and an effect I like a lot and heartily recommend.

Neil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » LEISURE by Paul Carnazzo / Mental Voyage (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL