The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Help with the name of this trick please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
566 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Can anyone help jog my memory please? I'm re-kindling my love of card magic and working my way through all the tricks I used to really enjoy performing and knew inside out but this one has completely leaked out of my brain.
7 of one card and 2 of another - both the spec and the performer put some of the cards behind their backs, there's some shuffling (false shuffling by the performer) then they exchange some cards...and that's all I can remember. It might have been a trick that's 'out there' in the public domain or it could be one I purchased in which case just the name of it should help me locate the instructions. It must have been good because It's in my 'favourite card trick' box!! Oh the joys of getting older!
Thanks in advance for any help.
Maker of Magical Poppets - www.rocktroll.co.uk
Magic lessons:
www.3countiesmagic.co.uk
Wordsworth
View Profile
Loyal user
282 Posts

Profile of Wordsworth
This sounds a bit like "what a turn up" by Liam Montier and Kaymar, but not certain. There was a demo of this floating on BBM at one point where you might be able to verify if it's what you're thinking of.
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
566 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Nov 20, 2022, Wordsworth wrote:
This sounds a bit like "what a turn up" by Liam Montier and Kaymar, but not certain. There was a demo of this floating on BBM at one point where you might be able to verify if it's what you're thinking of.

Thank you so much Wordsworth and thank you to Frank too who messaged me a short while ago to remind me of the effect and to point out that I'm missing one card! It is indeed 'What a turn up' a lovely little effect and I've now tracked down the original instructions and found the missing card and will be practising this one and performing it again soon- Thanks so much!
Magic lessons:
www.3countiesmagic.co.uk
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
918 Posts

Profile of andykean
I think its Adair's Odd One Out from Mr E’s magic ( Eric Burke) https://mreenterprises.co.uk/viewproduct.php?id=2722

Product ID: 2722
Ian Adair has excelled himself with this new low price close-up effect which ticks all the boxes; everyone we have showed it to has immediately purchased it.

We promise that this will soon become one of your favourite effects - it is certainly one of ours!

Performer displays the backs of ten bridge sized playing cards and picks one as a 'prediction'.

A spectator is requested to freely select one of the other cards (no force). This card is immediately reversed to show its face and it is for example the Eight of Hearts.

When the magician reverses his card it too is the Eight of Hearts!

An amazing coincidence - or are all ten cards the same?
Any spectator turns over the remaining cards and the audience is surprised to find each of them has a back design on both sides.

Not only has the performer predicted the right card, but the spectator has freely chosen the only 'odd card out!'

Easy to do & sold at a Mr 'E' pocket money price.

Comes complete with quality bridge sized playing cards in their own unfaked wallet & instructions. Adair's Odd One Out
Ian Adair has excelled himself with this new low price close-up effect which ticks all the boxes; everyone we have showed it to has immediately purchased it.

We promise that this will soon become one of your favourite effects - it is certainly one of ours!

Performer displays the backs of ten bridge sized playing cards and picks one as a 'prediction'.

A spectator is requested to freely select one of the other cards (no force). This card is immediately reversed to show its face and it is for example the Eight of Hearts.

Any spectator turns over the remaining cards and the audience is surprised to find each of them has a back design on both sides.

Not only has the performer predicted the right card, but the spectator has freely chosen the only 'odd card out!'

Comes complete with quality bridge sized playing cards in their own unfaked wallet & instructions.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
918 Posts

Profile of andykean
This is great with Jumbo cards
Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
566 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Quote:
On Nov 21, 2022, andykean wrote:
I think its Adair's Odd One Out from Mr E’s magic ( Eric Burke) https://mreenterprises.co.uk/viewproduct.php?id=2722

Comes complete with quality bridge sized playing cards in their own unfaked wallet & instructions. Adair's Odd One Out

Comes complete with quality bridge sized playing cards in their own unfaked wallet & instructions.

Thanks Andy but it was actually "What a turn up" It uses normal cards not double backed but thanks for the suggestion.
Magic lessons:
www.3countiesmagic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All in the cards » » Help with the name of this trick please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL