The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Trying to remember an effect I saw with a Blank Faced Deck (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nikodemus
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Hi ,
Can anyone jog my memory please. I'm trying to recall an effect I saw with a blank deck. I'm pretty sure it was a YouTube video rather than something I purchased.

As far as I can remember, the deck was entirely blank faces except for one normal card. The card was in a specific position. I think the performer was able to track & control the position of the card because the blanks were marked (presumably just numbers 1-51; but I suppose they could have been marked with suit&value).

Ironically I can remember the method (as above) but can't remember the effect.
Maybe the spectator named a number and they counted down and it was the only real card?

Thanks
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
2835 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Possible that you are thinking of this?
https://www.northernmiracles.com/en-us/p......n-effect
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
572 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Quote:
On Nov 23, 2022, Nikodemus wrote:
Maybe the spectator named a number and they counted down and it was the only real card?

That's Craig Petty's Quantum Deck but the blank cards are not marked.
Nikodemus
View Profile
Special user
833 Posts

Profile of Nikodemus
Thanks guys.
Both those tricks use double blanks. I don't know how you would go about marking them! I'm sure the one I used had normal backs and blanks faces. In fact I'm pretty sure there was a tutorial and they explained this unusual idea of having blank faces (which are of course identical) each marked on the back with a different value.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Trying to remember an effect I saw with a Blank Faced Deck (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL