The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Thanksgiving (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I was just curious if anyone has any Thanksgiving day gigs?
danfreed
View Profile
Inner circle
West Chester PA
1354 Posts

Profile of danfreed
I do, after their dinner(if my laryngitis goes away enough). It may be the first Thanksgiving gig I've ever done, but my family is out of town and I couldn't join them anyway. They just wanted someone to entertain 10 kids.
Ken Northridge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlantic City, NJ
2394 Posts

Profile of Ken Northridge
I had an offer but turned it down, and have been turning them down for the past 20 years or so. Thanksgiving is too much of an important family event for me. I feel the same way about Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. All other holidays I could care less about, except for Ground Hog day of course. Smile

In the past Thanksgiving was a hit or miss. Usually, they were gigs for people that don't celebrate Thanksgiving. In 1995 and 1996 one of summer restaurants asked me to perform for a special Thanksgiving dinner they were having.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!
"Love is the real magic." -Doug Henning
www.KenNorthridge.com
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10618 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Thanks guys! We rarely get Thanksgiving bookings but do occasionally get one here or there to entertain the kids during turkey day festivities either before or after dinner. None the last few years but I figured a few might come back this year. Happy Thanksgiving to all in Tricky Business.
misterillusion
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, California
748 Posts

Profile of misterillusion
I have turned down gigs on Thanksgiving and Christmas in the past, but everyone has his price and perhaps I could be persuaded for a certain rate, but right now I don't know what that would be...
May every day be magic!

http://www.misterillusion.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Thanksgiving (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL