The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card warp (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mattk
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of mattk
I have just recieved card warp. I can't wait to start performing it. Does anyone have an advice on the affect? Thank you for your time.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Get a copy of Darwin Ortiz at the Card Table. He describes a "Card Warp Deck" which I've used for years. The deck immediately gets everyone's attention and explains why you don't mind destroying a couple of cards.
J R Thomas
View Profile
Regular user
Champaign Illinois
138 Posts

Profile of J R Thomas
I usually talk about Star Trek and building a warp drive engine out of cards.

The card enters a warp because it goes faster than the speed of light and ends up being warped or maybe I am just warped.

Mike Close has a good take on the effect in the Worker's Series.
Those who hear not the music

Think the dancers mad
MAGICTOM
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, Tx
354 Posts

Profile of MAGICTOM
I have a word document given to me by a site member here with LOADS of info and patter suggestions for card warp.. just e-mail me and I will send it to you
tdefrange@wjhw.com
Later
Tom Smile
No Man is his craft's master the first day!
J.B. Bobo
Garrett Nelson
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Garrett Nelson
Card warp is in my opinion on of the most stunning pieces of card magic out there.

As such I use the patter "Would you like to see the greatest card trick of the 20th century?" (I believe this is a la Eugene Burger).

I like Ortiz's card warp deck as well. Probably because it is fun to have an excuse to scarf up any odd decks I come across.

"Garrett!! YOU DON'T NEED ANY MORE DECKS OF CARDS!!!"

"Honey, it is for my card warp deck..."
Chris A.
View Profile
Inner circle
AKA Chris A.
1123 Posts

Profile of Chris A.
I like using cervons "Warp II". It's fun to be able to see the card completely reversed withing the bill.

If you want to go somwhere from there, you might want to try paul harris's impromptu screwed deck from his Art of astonishment books. It's like doing card warp but with the entire deck...
AKA Chris A.
Keepin' the Funk Alive
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
For whatever it is worth, Bruce Cervon's handling is the strongest I've seen (Ultra Cervon).

Howie Schwarzman's "Star Warp" (Apocalypse) is also very good . . . esp. for those who prefer shorter routines.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2002-07-31 14:19, GarrettDN wrote:
As such I use the patter "Would you like to see the greatest card trick of the 20th century?" (I believe this is a la Eugene Burger).

I ask "How would you like to see the most amazing thing you can do with a deck of cards?"

I follow with, "Now you can't do this with an ordinary deck of cards. It takes a special deck. As luck would have it . . ."

Then I bring out a card box held together with packing tape. Inside is my Card Warp deck.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
i don't get it. what's a card warp deck.
i do card warp all the time but ....

why would you want the spectators to believe it is anything but Normal cards?

also, since i do strolling magic, i've thought about doing card warp but am wondering about how to manage the setup for the effect so that i can perform it 60 times a night.

any ideas?

thanks,
frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
cyc
View Profile
New user
Montreal
57 Posts

Profile of cyc
Hi,

I remember watching a vid of garrettDN performing Don England's Card Warp. I really liked the effect, however, I can't find the video again, and was wondering which book teaches it?

Smile

Thanks
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Frank,

The premise of the Card Warp deck is that it's all the old ratty cards left lying around the house that doesn't form a full, qulaity deck, so you use it for stuff where you only need a few cards and it's no biigie if you fold them, tear them, etc. Destroying cards is a foreign concept to laymen--they think it ruins the entire deck, and most folks keep a deck for years! Therfore, this premise lends a reason to your willingness to destry the cards. It in no way implies a "trick" deck.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
RandyWakeman
View Profile
V.I.P.
Plainfield, ILLINOIS
1617 Posts

Profile of RandyWakeman
Quote:
On 2002-07-31 21:34, cyc wrote:
Hi,

I remember watching a vid of garrettDN performing Don England's Card Warp. I really liked the effect, however, I can't find the video again, and was wondering which book teaches it?

Smile

Thanks

Don England's "Technical Knock Outs"
Garrett Nelson
View Profile
Special user
644 Posts

Profile of Garrett Nelson
Actually, in the video I believe you are referring to I used the version in Don's newest book "Don England's Paradox."

Although TKO is definately a great book if you can find it.

Cheers
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2002-07-31 21:37, Scott F. Guinn wrote:
Frank,

The premise of the Card Warp deck is that it's all the old ratty cards left lying around the house that doesn't form a full, qulaity deck, so you use it for stuff where you only need a few cards and it's no biigie if you fold them, tear them, etc. Destroying cards is a foreign concept to laymen--they think it ruins the entire deck, and most folks keep a deck for years! Therfore, this premise lends a reason to your willingness to destry the cards. It in no way implies a "trick" deck.

And with such a deck you can perform the effect a dozen times without having to reset anything. And when you do "reset" it's simply replacing the twenty-or-so cards you've destroyed.
Shenaniganz
View Profile
New user
Cypress, CA
100 Posts

Profile of Shenaniganz
My patter is always changing for card warp. I go from a tear in the fabric of space and time to one of lifes greatest mysterys- how socks turn inside out and disapear in the dryer. No matter what I say the effect really speaks for itself.
kardini
View Profile
Regular user
Brazil
141 Posts

Profile of kardini
"CARD WARP" and "THE CONTORTIONIST"

Another BRILLIANT and little known variation of Roy Walton´s CARD WARP is "THE CONTORTIONIST" of Michael Giles.

In this version the cards (ONLY TWO) initially are NOT folded... In this incredible effect the top of the one card not only INVERTS, but also it is broken up in visual ZIG-ZAG!!!

INCREDIBLE! It look crazy!

KARDINI
Brazil
website 2017 - http://www.kardini.com.br
CooKooByrd
View Profile
New user
Pittsburgh, PA
4 Posts

Profile of CooKooByrd
Here is a little more information on "THE CONTORTIONIST" of Michael Giles
http://www.magicfact.com/catalog11/contents/pages/p190.html
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Card warp (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL