The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Looking for the thread about... prices on websites (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7383 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Hi everyone -

A short while ago (within the past 6 months, perhaps within the past 3-4 months), there was a thread that I am pretty sure was in the "tricky business" section.

The essence of the thread was the question, "Why don't magicians and entertainers put their rates on their websites?"

There were quite a few replies (myself included), explaining why we recommend for prospects to call, fax, or e-mail for more information, rather than just post rates.

I've tried searching in several different ways for this thread I can't find.

Do you recall this thread? Can you help me find this elusive thread?

Thanks.

- Donald.

P.S. It is not my intention to turn this thread into a "bash the grammer hosts" thread, so please don't take it in that direction. Thanks. Smile
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
MagicalPirate
View Profile
Special user
Shamokin, PA
828 Posts

Profile of MagicalPirate
Hi Donald:

I remember what you are talking about, but in my searching for that thread it is as if it has vanished. I guess it was a magic thread. I even tried Kidabra too see if it was there and turned nothing up. I'm going to keep trying to find it. It seems as if I even posted in that thread. A real mystery.

Martin Smile
Martin Blakley, CSH, DASH, CMSA
http://www.thehypnoguy.com/HYPNORESOURCES
http://www.docgrayson.com/
How To Sell Anything Online
http://tub.bz/?r=1z
Copyright to my own words retained 100%.
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Funny you should mention this, we have always put our Kids Birthday Party charges on our website. It's also one of the very first things we tell them over the phone. This was covered in the kids entertainers section a long, long, time ago. Had quite a debate with Peter Marucci and others over the subject at the time . . . but it sure works for us . . . Sincerely, Tony.
Devoted
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
16 Posts

Profile of Devoted
Not posting your price on your web site can do one of two things in the consumer's mind. It give you the oppurtunity to engage them on a more personal level and make the sale, but it can also have the reverse effect. It can also create the image that you are very costly and therfore are over looked. This is what I have found. I may be wrong however
Looked up, there it was, gone
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Looking for the thread about... prices on websites (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL