The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Folding coin bite (switch from real coin) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magic George
View Profile
New user
28 Posts

Profile of Magic George
When someone gives me a coin for the coin bite trick, I am having trouble thinking of how to make the switch to my folding coin. Any suggestions?
My Real Name is Greg.
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
I do the Bobo switch
kasper
View Profile
Loyal user
253 Posts

Profile of kasper
If you know spellbound try one of those moves.
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
How about learning some Real Coin Magic.

Get yourself a book on coin magic "Bobo's modern coin magic"
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Try getting a video on Coins.
I prefer the video Bare Handed by Kirk Kokinos.
JackDaniel
View Profile
Veteran user
nevada
376 Posts

Profile of JackDaniel
Well, that's a pretty easy thing to do, there are several great switches out there, visit http://www.coinvanish.com Probably the best recource for learning coin magic.
Jack.
Visit the magic of Vegas and your life will change forever..
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
French drop.
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
Firedice27 has an interesting idea. I'll be trying that...

Anywho, I usually use the Bobo Switch or the Shuttle Pass.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
See pg. 216 of Anneman's Preactical Mental Effects. Sure it uses a bill, but it works great with coins, too. Garrett Thomas uses the same move for one of his coin routines. People could be burning your hands and swear the coin never left their sight.
waveman
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of waveman
Bobo or the shuttle pass
Please pick up a copy of Bobo's Modern coin magic.
JayPea
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of JayPea
I choose to use the shuttle pass (already mentioned) or the Larry Jennings Toss (like the shuttle pass, but a bit more visually convincing). Both are quite suitable for the switch.
waveman
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of waveman
Is that the same as Goshmans Toss?
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I do a Bobo Switch. But please....Master this switch before you perform it!
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
muzicman
View Profile
Special user
LaCenter, Wa
989 Posts

Profile of muzicman
I came up with a switch I'm sure is not new, but I mastered it in no time and it fools. It's all done in one hand. I hold the FC in TP position and reach for the borrowed coin with the same hand. I allow the borrowed coin to drop to FP and hold it there and bring the gaffed FC up between the forefinger and thumb. This looks VERY natural. After performing the bite and restore... I place the gaffed coin back into TP position and release the borrowed coin palm down onto a table. I can then lap the FC and put all my concentration on the coin sitting on the table. I have practiced picking up a borrowed coin from a table as well as taking it from someone hand. The only drawback to this technique is, I need a table or a surface to complete the final move. It just looks unnatural to me to do a french drop, or a bobo switch or shuttle pass to switch the coins. I have fooled magicians because they are always looking for those "extra" moves and no matter how well you perform them, they are there. My self taught method eliminates the suspicion that another coin is in play. I practiced first by switching the coins as I picked it up off a table. Once I could pick it up and put it back down, I then moved to plucking it from an outstretched hand. The switch timing is important... not a lot of hand movement and during the offbeat of accepting the coin and displaying it between the thumb and forefinger.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Quote:
On 2004-07-09 18:55, muzicman wrote:
The only drawback to this technique is, I need a table or a surface to complete the final move.

You could reverse the move, putting the coin into the other hand. That looks natural in the context of displaying the coin for all of the audience to see.
JayPea
View Profile
New user
29 Posts

Profile of JayPea
Quote:
On 2004-07-08 22:56, waveman wrote:
Is that the same as Goshmans Toss?

I'm sorry, I couldn't tell you, since I'm not familiar with Goshmans Toss. All I can say is that the L.J. Toss is identical to the shuttle pass, except that, once the switch is made, there is an added convincer that makes it look the coin has been thrown from hand to hand (as a result, furthering the illusion that you simply tossed the coin from one hand to the other, in plain view). Hopefully, this makes sense.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Garrett Thomas has a great switch for coins like that on his video Any Questions?
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Bobo Switch. It's a cool move, requires minimum practice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » Folding coin bite (switch from real coin) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL