The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » EDCeipt by Craig Petty - BRAND NEW » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2340 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..15..26..37..48..59..63~64~65 [Next]
sileeni
View Profile
Veteran user
UK.
361 Posts

Profile of sileeni

The two un-named bullies behind this are Michael Webber and Tim Trono.

A simple search of the Conjuring Archive for 'Matrix Receipts" pulls up one hit, Michael Webber and points straight to the Genii Magazine issue that Craig talks about in this video. https://www.conjuringarchive.com/list/se......receipts

I've been around long enough and also have a friend who was a member of RS/neutral & mutual friend of both Trono and Webber. I've just got off this phone with him after his lunch and he's confirmed that it's this pair. Again.

This isn't the first time they've done this (Tim is usually Michael's lap dog and does most of the barking for him), there's more times that even you don't know about Craig, but if they're as smart as they think they both are, this is the last.

They're the very definition of bullies and whenever I hear mention the phrase "magic mafia" those are always the first two names that come to mind. Spineless. Slimy. Bullies.

Magic is a better place for people like you. Arrogant narcissists like Trono, Webber and all those who bow down to their false idols drag OUR art down with them.
brandonp
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of brandonp
SO HAPPY someone's finally aid this about michael w. and Tim T. I've heard so many behind the scenes stories for years about these two bullies doing this to people who are to small to fight back. Seems they've gone one step too far this time. Well done craig, I'm not a mentalism but I'm buying this just to support you and stand up against bullies.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
More drama! There is something about this that feels planned though. I had the reciepts trick from the 'Real Secrets' club and it sure was a clever use of that principle.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Hasn’t everyone just recently bought a trick using receipts?
reignofsound
View Profile
Inner circle
Glasgow, UK
2200 Posts

Profile of reignofsound
Interesting to see how it differs from the fantastic Transaction.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Craig Petty- You are a stand up guy! I and many many others very much appreciate and honor you for your candid transparency, bringing forth the facts and sharing what is passionate to you. Thank You Very Much for your extensive contributions to the magic community. Your video posted here is just one example that continues my support for you to win the Thurston award for 2022.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
DrRob
View Profile
Special user
Middle Chinnock
952 Posts

Profile of DrRob
I cant understand why they would go after Craig when there is also similar elements to (as you said) transaction by Paul Fowler (Saturn Magic/Murphy's) This is directed only at Craig for some reason and they should be ashamed you could hear the emotion in his voice at around 30 mins. Many of us have been into magic since we were kids - those days of catalogues of magic where you saw a description of a trick and bought it - it arrived and it was good - you worked it or it was **** and was put into the magic drawer. I feel the internet has a lot to answer for in these times. We know why they go after Craig as they are scared and think he will do what he has done in the past but I agree - Never give in to this type of bullying - its times like these I sometimes feel ashamed to be part of this community. But I trust in my good friends in Magic Peter Turner, Michael Murry, Fraser Parker, Peter Nardi, Mark Traversconi, Mark Infinity, David Penn etc and of course Craig - We stick together - sometimes not talking for months or years but we will always stick together.

Dr Rob
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
Who in the heck are Mitchell Woobler and Tom Trango? Does literally anyone care?
will4gzus
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of will4gzus
If two creators are bullying another, boycott the bully’s products altogether. I will buy this to support Craig.
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1424 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
They did it first, where is the controversy?
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
I think this is Craig trying to get away with the same stuff he pulled with Red and Bob King’s New Wave Prediction.

Craig 100% stole it and put it out as his own creation. He openly and regularly admits it even though he had a similar long list of excuses and accusations in the past.

Webber was an old friend of King and paid Bob for the rights so he could go after Craig and set the record straight.

Craig went into hiding for several years after.

He reemerged with his new online series and has continually acknowledged his past wrongful actions and lies and admitted that the claims of King and Webber were correct.

I don't know anything about the back and forth emails being discussed, but as a Charter Member of Real Secrets, an owner of The Works mentalism kit, a longtime subscriber to Genii and the Journal of Psience I know that Webber has published, printed, shared, sold and released at least four different versions of the age receipts, the first I saw in 2012.

I think that Craig got caught with his hand in the cookie jar AGAIN by the same person for the same thing.

My guess is that the reason he didn’t say anything about transaction is because his issue isn’t with receipt mentalism, its that Fowler’s Transaction is Grant’s Tru-Test with reciepts, while Craig’s release is identical to what Webber released more than a decade ago - Age Cards designed to look like receipts.

My money says we’ll have more tears, tirades and excuses from Petty and Webber will just keep creating great magic. I just hope BS like this doesn’t make Webber stop sharing.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6748 Posts

Profile of videoman
This is the first I’ve heard of this controversy and I know nothing about it. But if we are going to continue this debate can we at least spell the guys name correctly?
It’s Weber with one B. No offense intended but just surprised that with all of your longtime knowledge of Michael that you would not know how to spell his name.
Nit picky I know but if you are going to back his side in the future then it may be more persuasive and I think Michael would appreciate having his name spelled correctly. When making an argument, details do matter.
gumbimagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Too busy performing to have more than
313 Posts

Profile of gumbimagic
My pre-order will go in the second this hits my favorite Murphy’s dealer. Craig you have my $25. I haven’t seen the trailer, and I don’t generally perform this kind of trick. This same type of thing happened on Amanda Nepo’s recent release. I bought Amanda’s release even though its not a trick I would normally do. I will not buy any products from the “party” or the guy who did a very similar thing to Amanda. I vote with my money.

Best wishes to you Craig! I hope you sell a zillion copies.
bentpenny
View Profile
Loyal user
202 Posts

Profile of bentpenny
I'm excited for this release. Sounds like Craig has put a lot of work into it.
Elmer 84
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Elmer 84
Controversy sells. Nobody knows that better than Craig. Smile
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Hey everyone. As you know I always try to answer anyone’s questions on the Café. Regarding the controversy I didn’t want to make this video but where I come from “it would be a shame if something were to happen” is nothing more than a threat. I wanted to get ahead of it and let people know things from my POV. Any questions please let me know. I’m happy to talk about Red but I feel I’ve covered that topic enough now.

Cheers
Craig Petty
View Profile
V.I.P.
UK
2325 Posts

Profile of Craig Petty
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2023, newguy wrote:
I think this is Craig trying to get away with the same stuff he pulled with Red and Bob King’s New Wave Prediction.

Craig 100% stole it and put it out as his own creation. He openly and regularly admits it even though he had a similar long list of excuses and accusations in the past.

Webber was an old friend of King and paid Bob for the rights so he could go after Craig and set the record straight.

He reemerged with his new online series and has continually acknowledged his past wrongful actions and lies and admitted that the claims of King and Webber were correct.

I don't know anything about the back and forth emails being discussed, but as a Charter Member of Real Secrets, an owner of The Works mentalism kit, a longtime subscriber to Genii and the Journal of Psience I know that Webber has published, printed, shared, sold and released at least four different versions of the age receipts, the first I saw in 2012.

I think that Craig got caught with his hand in the cookie jar AGAIN by the same person for the same thing.

My guess is that the reason he didn’t say anything about transaction is because his issue isn’t with receipt mentalism, its that Fowler’s Transaction is Grant’s Tru-Test with reciepts, while Craig’s release is identical to what Webber released more than a decade ago - Age Cards designed to look like receipts.

My money says we’ll have more tears, tirades and excuses from Petty and Webber will just keep creating great magic. I just hope BS like this doesn’t make Webber stop sharing.

Hey New Guy. I was expecting you to pop up on this thread but not so quickly. I’ve followed your postings on the Café with interest for years. You may have only made just over 400 post in the several years that you have been a member but they are all quality posts.

You go several months between posts mainly because you only ever post on a thread to do with Michael Weber. You are either jumping to his defence, defending bad customer service from him or attacking someone that Michael feels has wronged him. I fact anytime a thread like that pops up you post several times and then disappear till the next time Michael is mentioned. Do you ever post about anything else?

For example here is a thread from a few years ago when you were helping twist the knife into Ellusionist and Geraint Clarke after he released a download you perceived was a copy of a routine from Michael Weber

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......&start=0

And here is the time you posted multiple times assuring people that Weber was on track with his Psience project. You went to town with the posts on that one didn’t you?

https://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/view......start=20

What I’m trying to say here is simple!

‘Hey Mr Weber, nice to see you on the Café. I hope you are well!”
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1855 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Feb 2, 2023, newguy wrote:

All that typing and you are quite incorrect. Watch Craig's video.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
JDobbs
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of JDobbs
I second all of Craig’s supporter here. I will be buying as soon as possible. Furthermore, I will also consider buying this other so called version and will compare and make my own judgement. Something tells me, the two people behind the other trick knows that Craig’s methods and collective products are 1000 times better and that is why they want to stop Craig. I will hold any further observations until all products are out. I will be comparing what Craig has and compare it to Folwer’s product as I’m waiting for Transactions to arrive soon.
influentialist
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of influentialist
I'm not a fan in general of Craig's rant videos, but this one seemed perfectly justified. (I do enjoy the review shows, Q&A and the interview episodes).

If the mentalists he mentioned were comfortable with the release (not to mention Murphy's) it seems pretty legit. While a lot of Craig's output doesn't suit my style, I appreciate the effort he puts into creating as much value as possible with his projects and this one sounds right up my mentalism street.

Will definitely be investing in this one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » EDCeipt by Craig Petty - BRAND NEW » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2340 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..15..26..37..48..59..63~64~65 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL