The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » EDCeipt by Craig Petty - BRAND NEW » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2340 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..16..27..38..49..60..63~64~65 [Next]
newguy
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of newguy
Videoman - two b’s or not two b’s, that was the question. Colour me corrected!

Mr. Petty, Ha! Admittedly a big fan of Mr. Weber (note - one b) but not so big as to actually be him. And a sincere question for you, is it your opinion that anyone can put out their version of another effect someone else has already released? What guidelines do you use to determine when something deserves a credit, versus not credit worthy, and under what circumstances should a magician not put out something he learned was already published or sold?

Thank you for coming on here to answer directly.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
I have an opinion!

I don't no how to sppell!

Can I join the debate pleas?
The Unmasked Magician
View Profile
Inner circle
If only I didn't have a wife and a kid I would have MUCH more than
2710 Posts

Profile of The Unmasked Magician
You have to ask Crayg and Webbbber first.
Please check regularly if you are becoming the type of magician Jerry Seinfeld jokes about. (This applies to mentalists as well.)
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
????
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Er that was an attempt at a laugh emoji...
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I think when you talk about something already being released one would expect at least some clear non anecdotal evidence that it has actually been released. When I released my own effect using the age card principle in 2016 I did extensive research on the age cards principle and whilst I did come across effects by Weber using the principle I didn’t come across even the slightest hint of an effect with receipts using the principle.

As to when not to put out your version, it really comes down to whether your version adds anything or brings anything new to the table. When I released Ophiuchus there were already multiple star sign and birthday revelation effects using the age cards (all credited). However mine differed in a number of areas, particularly in the way the sorting procedure is justified and disguised and the way that the star sign is used to get the exact birthday.

During my research I do not recall coming across any effects where the number of cards the selection appears on is predicted and so this project certainly appears to bring something new to the table. With names like Michael Murray and Peter Turner contributing to this project, l would be shocked if nothing new is being brought to the table before you factor in how Craig was able to bring some new twists to the Stebbins and Visible projects.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
I'm going to drop a BIG bombshell here; one that will likely have dire consequences. I know Michael Weber. Would you like to know the depth of his deception? This is a FACT. I have the messages between he and I and I to prove it where he asks me not disclose his identity here at the Café. I cannot, in all good conscience, sit here in silence in light of recent events.

Michael Weber is "newguy".
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Why did Craig withdraw the product RED in the past ?
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Smile Smile Smile
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
In addition to my above comment, it disgusts me beyond words to see Michael Weber on this thread pretending to be a fan of his own work and using his hidden identity here under false pretences to attack Craig.

I've done many things in my past which I am not proud of, but if there is a road to redemption, thrusting myself upon this sword may be a good start.
Noobmaster69
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of Noobmaster69
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2023, qkeli wrote:

Because – as he said himself on many occasions – he knew he did wrong. This time, however, he doesn't feel this way.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
932 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Oh this is wonderful.

Before the mods take this thread down, please let's all bask in the beautiful drama.
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Search posts by "newguy" and you will find many in connection to posts made about Michael Weber. Again, this is NOT speculation; I have the messages between he and I to prove it and he was once a supporter of my short-lived periodical "Skeletons From the Closet." He and I are also published together in the volume "Scryer's Elite" by Richard Webster. I know that I am committing suicide with this admission about Michael, but I've never been one to back away from controversy. I'm merely trying to do what I feel is "right" and I support Craig 110% with this.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2023, Noobmaster69 wrote:
Quote:

Because – as he said himself on many occasions – he knew he did wrong. This time, however, he doesn't feel this way.

Ok but what was wrong exactly ?
Noobmaster69
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of Noobmaster69
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Release somebody else's trick.
qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
792 Posts

Profile of qkeli
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Release somebody else's trick.

Thanks. ! I
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2023, newguy wrote:

Mr. Petty, Ha! Admittedly a big fan of Mr. Weber (note - one b) but not so big as to actually be him. And a sincere question for you, is it your opinion that anyone can put out their version of another effect someone else has already released? What guidelines do you use to determine when something deserves a credit, versus not credit worthy, and under what circumstances should a magician not put out something he learned was already published or sold?

See? He's addressing Craig directly while pretending to be someone else. Absolutely vile and it sickens me to think I once considered Michael a friend.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I do see but he [or she] is being respectful so I see no problem if it is Mr.Weber.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
How can you see no problem? Not only has he (Michael) jumped the gun and sent veiled threats to Craig, but he is here talking to him directly while preteding to be someone else - and a fan of his own work!!! Personally, I'm horrified as Michael was someone I once considered a friend. At the very least, it demonstrates that he is not being honest and forthright... There's much more I could say here but my better judgement forbids from doing so.
sileeni
View Profile
Veteran user
UK.
361 Posts

Profile of sileeni
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2023, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Quote:
On Feb 3, 2023, newguy wrote:

See? He's addressing Craig directly while pretending to be someone else. Absolutely vile and it sickens me to think I once considered Michael a friend.

Sudo, what you've takes real bravery as Michael Weber has a history of "canceling" anyone that tries to stand against his bully boy tactics. I believe this is a big turning point for magic as a whole. Bullies like Webber and Trono, for years, have thought that even if they'd had an idea that struck basic similarities to others' work, they wrongfully and arrogantly have laid false claims and have used their friends/lapdogs to do their bidding to destroy said hard work and honest reputation for so many of the good guys in our art.

Well, those days are over.

The false prophets have finally been exposed and it's thanks to the integrity and true grit of people like Craig Petty and yourself.

Just to really nail the coffin shut on the forthcoming narcisstical denial from Weber, could you share a screen shot confirmation from him. Don't give this coward who (for years) has used fake accounts to smear and slander people.

Thank you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » EDCeipt by Craig Petty - BRAND NEW » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (2340 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..16..27..38..49..60..63~64~65 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL