The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » APEX WALLET by Thomas Sealey (THE wallet that can load, peek and switch easily) (113 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
MurphysNEW
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of MurphysNEW
APEX WALLET (Black and Brown) by Thomas Sealey

Black: https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=73696
Brown: https://www.murphysmagic.com/Product.aspx?id=73695

Handmade leather wallet has been rigorous tested and refined for 2 years to make it a versatile every day carry.

*LOAD: Receive a signed card in TWO places. (Also can take rings, coins and other small objects)

*PEEK: The wallet can be shown from all sides because the object is placed in the middle. And with a single finger you can peek with NO flaps and NO electronics.

*SWITCH: TWO switching compartments where you can use FULL size playing cards, coins, receipts and more. BONUS: you can use it as a one way forcing bag for billets.

ON PRESALE NOW. Release Feb 13th
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2060 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Well I can't lie... This does look nice. I don't like the whole, "open wide" with the mouth thing as in a Quiver purse. It doesn't seem like a wallet should do that. But at the same time, might be magician's thinking. I'd like to dump cash out or something that was shown to be in there first to show I'm using it. Otherwise, "it must be a special wallet/pocket" comes up even if they don't know how and you're doing the change while still holding the wallet. A stealth switch is superior (which this does obviously, too).

And the peek is clever. But I also suspect you can't show an ID or something in there in 'normal' mode? A blank window, dark or otherwise, can suggest something is up. And while it's fair, and such a nice addition to be able to activate the peek when wanted, it still says "I'm a window" in inactivated mode. A license in front would be logical and help allay any suspicions even if they couldn't articulate what might seem fair or unfair with that peek.

But I like the thought of this. Clever, as it seems to do a few things decently for a wallet that is meant for doing 2-4 things well. We've had the single-use vs jack-of-all-trades wallet discussions before. But this one seems more fair in what it does. Best, it looks more minimal, which I like for front pocket carry. And a few of those switches were nice that were from the zipper compartment, so yeah, there's a decent amount going for it.

But again, I hope to see what others say about it out in the real world. That doesn't always work though, as people don't always tell you their suspicions, even if they knew what to voice about them. I'd report in myself, but I'm saving my plasma donation money for living expenses (ha), so I'll wait.

But I think it's clever. I just don't like using wallets other than as an aside, not to show that the magic happens with the wallet in play. You can do both with this, which is why I think it has very nice potential. But to me, magic should be incidental to the prop used, if that makes sense. If my wallet's in play, it's lost in the background, maybe over there on the table somewhere. Otherwise it's pulled from my pocket to show the card coming from it or what not.

Otherwise, I prefer my wallet to be used in a stealthy way versus more overtly.

Having said all that? This one looks very good. I'd have to think about it.
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2615 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
The design looks like a sansminds hip pocket wallet.
dman11
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1078 Posts

Profile of dman11
Looks to be a "Magic wallet" only....Not an everyday carry type of wallet. You can see from the performances he has just one credit card loaded to make it look like a wallet but still be able to do magic.
Once you start putting things in it, you start loosing ability to do magic smoothly - that's the way I see it anyway. Put cash in it and loading a card probably becomes very difficult - as well as the switching capability's. Put your ID in there and lose the peek. 3 card slots? I cant get by on that kind of minimalism yet - wish I could.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
963 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Mark Traversoni has done a live unboxing showing and answering questions and explaining the workings/functions of the Apex wallet.
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
4255 Posts

Profile of warren
It did look good on the live my concern is using a lever to activate the peek as in a moving part can break.

It's great that the card actually comes out of a zippered compartment.
gtx magic
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom England
963 Posts

Profile of gtx magic
Quote:
On Feb 6, 2023, warren wrote:
It did look good on the live my concern is using a lever to activate the peek as in a moving part can break.

It's great that the card actually comes out of a zippered compartment.

I also share your concerns over the lever to activate the peak, other than that it looks a pretty decent minimalistic wallet
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence.
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
2060 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
Can we get the dimensions of the wallet?
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3793 Posts

Profile of takeachance
All of my credit cards, licence and other cards are on my phone so I don't have to carry a wallet for that.

I do like the switch, it would make for a good liar truthteller's routine with coins, leading into a which hand as well, or perhaps a serial number revelation from a borrowed bill.

EDCeipt would fit nicely into it as would Show reel.

I like the peek method much better than a privacy screen. I'm not a big fan of wallets for peeks, I have a really nice DYI note pad for that but Lewis LeVal has a really nice routine where putting a card into a wallet is very justified, the only routine I'd use a wallet for

The only CTW I do is James Brown Cerebral Steal so it is nice for that occasion/opportunity.

Are there any routines that come with the instruction download?
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I would find it odd to ask someone for a bill from their wallet just to put it into yours...
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3793 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2023, PatrickGregoire wrote:
I would find it odd to ask someone for a bill from their wallet just to put it into yours...

True, it would be. Scratch that one, LOL
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2023, takeachance wrote:
Quote:

True, it would be. Scratch that one, LOL

Not at all, it just means we can work on it to make it make sense. Maybe you borrow a bill, then take out your wallet to give some of your cash as collateral. You pull out what you have and say you'll keep their bill in there safely for now as they hold your bills as collateral.

Or maybe you borrow a bill, take out your wallet and take out two of your bills to show them something first (maybe liquid cash or $1 transpo) and you put their bill in your wallet for safekeeping in the meantime.

Or your wallet might contain coins for a coin trick, or some receipts for a receipt trick. You get the idea.

Or, finally, you could do the classic gag. Ask if they have a bill, they take one out and hand it to you, you ask them "This is the bill you just gave me, right?" ("Yes") "You JUST gave me this bill?" ("Yes") "Thank you!" You then pull out your wallet and put the bill in your wallet as if they just admitted to giving you their bill. Then you go from there.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2655 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Thanks for all the positive feedback, comments and orders. Murphys are sold out of brown and don't have many black left so thanks again if you jumped in and ordered.

At present we have stock of both colours here

www.saturnmagic.co.uk/saturn-magic-shop/......ley.html

It is looking like we will sell out, restock time will be around 2 months maybe a bit quicker, supply chains are slow at present.

To answer some questions

The peek lever is plastic and we have never broken one so it should not be a part that gives you any problems.

The wallet is approx 120 x 90 x 15mm empty.

Apex is an everyday wallet but if you load every slot etc full of whatever you can't use that slot for your magic unless you empty that section, which is going to be the same for any wallet on the market.

The ID window has room to put in your ID or a couple of business cards on top of the peek, the hole on the front is there to aid getting them out. You can take the business cards out and use them as the cards for the peek and reveal making it totally natural and motivated.

The tutorial covers the full workings of each feature, how to use with tips etc and is over 3 hours long!

Apex really is a multipurpose tool, it has been suggested we open a Facebook group as there are bound to be loads of ideas how to use the various features.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1880 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
This Apex is epic for what I like in wallent but I already carry a regular sized wallet that loads, can steal from, switches, provides outs and provides a peek. -All of those very well. And then I carry the Quiver wallet because it is so thin I can carry both.
I could grab an Apex and do wallet monte. Smile

Quote:

I agree with Patrick. There are plenty of reasons to come up with that would substantiate placing their money in your wallet. Such as a plot in which you (Or they can) double their money. Give them an opportunity to do so but in the end they just win their note. -And your business card or a gag gift certificate, etc.

I think I will hold off a couple of months and think about it while they restock with the second run. Someone can have my potential order. Smile
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
leipzisch
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of leipzisch
Which wallet do you have, EZ?
Gwilym
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Gwilym
This looks really great, well done to Saturn Magic. I might pick this up from Blackpool (if they still have available) I already use quiver in my walkaround set but I think I will replace it with the Apex Wallet as it does what the quiver can do and more.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1880 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2023, leipzisch wrote:
Which wallet do you have, EZ?

I still have and use a 2015 release, the Undercover Wallet by Andy Nicholls and Titanis. I saw that this wallet would be legendary for myself so I bought two and after almost eight years, the one I use is still holding up well. I am surpised how it flew under the radar of so many while it was available.
https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S15089
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
magic maniac
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of magic maniac
Does the peek work with a license loaded in the window ?
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
1880 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2023, Gwilym wrote:
This looks really great, well done to Saturn Magic. I might pick this up from Blackpool (if they still have available) I already use quiver in my walkaround set but I think I will replace it with the Apex Wallet as it does what the quiver can do and more.

Pick up an Apex and use your Quiver wallet for additional effects such as packet tricks for when you want to switch out gimmicked cards for inspectable ones. You can also perform a pickpocket routine in which you appear to pickpocket the Quiver from a spectator and make his money, credit cards, etc. disappear and then reappear in your Apex or vice-versa. You could also have a trusted someone hold on to it and let them know you are going to do a trick with it in a few minutes, etc. There are so many variations ot have fun with you couldn't shake a stick at them all. Smile
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2655 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Quote:
On Feb 7, 2023, magic maniac wrote:
Does the peek work with a license loaded in the window ?

The mechanism will work but you won't be able to see through your card unless you remove it for some reason. I put 2 business cards in there and remove them both logically one for the spectator one for me which leaves it empty and useable for the peek.

You can actually take out the peek mechanism and put a Rainbow card or anything in there as well and you still have access to the Bonus Peek we show using a folded business card and the zipper compartment area.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » APEX WALLET by Thomas Sealey (THE wallet that can load, peek and switch easily) (113 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL