The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ninja ring help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

flipped
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of flipped
I've bought the Ninja Rings but the instructions are in Japanese! Can someone help me? How do I use this?
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
Learn Japanese or you can get the DVD.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello flipped:

Yes, Leeman is right; you're going to have to get the DVD. Keep in mind that the Ninja Rings are sold to laymen in Japan, so the instructions that come with the rings are real basic. The real work is on the DVD by Shoot Ogawa.

Ron
flipped
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of flipped
Is it possible to learn it using any linking ring dvd?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
As you now know, rings are rings. You can learn the basics anywhere you like, but Shoot's "Ninja" handling is only on Shoot's DVD.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Leeman
View Profile
Special user
Hollywood, CA
709 Posts

Profile of Leeman
Plus the size of the rings might be an issue when learning from other sources.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
You can do almost any routine with the Ninja Rings because, like Dave said, rings are rings. However, the Ninja Ring DVD shows how to do a routine specifically with the small rings.

There are some moves you can only do with the small rings. For instance, the rings are held a certain way during the crash link which make it look very good. You must have the small rings to do it that way.

You really owe it to yourself to get the DVD. Once you've made 50 posts here at the Café, you have access to the buy and sell forum. I've seen this DVD for sale at a good price a number of times.

Ron
PROFED
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago,Illinois
229 Posts

Profile of PROFED
Some routines are more difficult to do with the smaller rings, and others just don't look as good as they do on the larger rings. Follow Ron's advice.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Shoot's DVD is great. The Ninja Rings routine is great. I love it. Spectator's love it. You can do it close-up, strolling, living room, bday party, street.

Just about any type of venue.
It's shiny. It makes noise. It's done up high. It's visually stunning from inches away from the spectator if you wish.
They can participate if you wish.

Can't get much better than that.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Frank, how about a set of leather rings for working silently ??? Smile

How was Italy ???
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

Italy was fantastic.

Rome was awesome
Sardinia: great beaches
Amalfi was awesome
Drivers: insane.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did I say insane? I meant INSANE!!!!!!

I did find out that the world's greatest magicians are the Vespa drivers on the Amalfi coast.

Picture this...

A one-lane (sized) road that winds up the cliffs and thru tunnels. The road has parked cars on it, a lane of traffic going each way about 30 mph, packed with cars going both ways, and vespas passing cars right down the middle. As I was driving, a vespa came into my lane headed right toward me to pass another vespa. Both vespas had riders on the back. The person on the back of vespa #2 reached over and into a bag of chips that the person on the back of the vespa #1 was holding because apparently they were hungry too. They steered back into safety before I smashed into them and everyone was safe.

All slight of hand. No gimmicks.

Let's see David Copperfield do that one and survive.

How narrow are the roads? The cars parked on the side of the road have their side-view mirrors tucked in becuase there's no room for them.

WOW! I was impressed.

Frank
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
And the food?

How about them Leather rings?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13348 Posts

The food was great. Pizzas were cheap and thin and large. Cheeses were good. Fish was really great. My 4 year old ate spaghetti and clams every day. Drinks were never cold enough for me but I got used to it.
I don't believe they've discovered ice yet.

They gouge you on the bread prices at restaurants. One charged us $22 for a small basket of breat because there were 6 people at the table. You have to watch out for that.

Pasta dishes were great.

Do I really need to respond about the leather rings Smile

Speaking of leather, the gypsy people selling fake Louis Vitton purses all over the city had the balls to set up their display of fake LV purses right in front of the real Louis Vitton shop by the Spanish Steps in Rome.

I had to snap a picture of that.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
You should go to NY City and see the fake stuff for sale on Canal Street... hahahahaha
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Ninja ring help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL