We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Best way to answer, "How did you do that?" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
God-glorified
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of God-glorified
How did you do that?

(staring at your hands in utter amazement) I have NO idea!!!
Ephes. 2:8-9

For by GRACE are ye saved through faith; and that NOT OF YOURSELVES: it is the gift of God: NOT OF WORKS, lest any man should boast.
XanderNova
View Profile
New user
Toronto
8 Posts

Profile of XanderNova
When someone asks "howd you do that?" I wave my hand in front of them and say "i didn't" as to pretend I'm using jedi mind tricks, if that person doesn't get it someone in the room usually does
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Nicholas J Johnson

I'm surprised at you as a magician telling the audience you have no life. You know how we frown upon the exposure of our secrets. This brings us all undone to everyone who witnesses your show. I am so disappointed. And from a fellow Aussie.
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Next you'll be putting a video of yourself on youtube.

"Here's my first attempt at saying 'I have no life.' I don't quite have it right yet and I've only practised for 5 minutes since getting it in the post, but I'll put up another video when I say it right."
thecardtrick
View Profile
New user
Northern NJ
72 Posts

Profile of thecardtrick
"You don't want to know."

They'll say "Yes I do" and then you can go into one of the many of delightful lines suggested here.

Thanks!

Cheers,
Hagerman
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Hagerman
Well, right after I was born, I started developing eye site. Though it was fuzzy for the few couple of months, things gradually cleared up. I was fed often but deep down I hated having to cry and make a spectacle of myself in order to get some food. I wanted to feed myself. I wanted to have my own food. I wanted to find places I could hide the food for later. So I developed some basic muscle coordination.

I learned how to walk and I started to understand language. I couldn't speak it yet so I just screamed and bit a lot of people to express my frustration with them. My social skills eventually got better and soon I was off to school so I could learn how to get my own food. I went to one school for 4 years, another for a year, followed by another school for an additional year. Then a run of 4 years at a different school proceeded behind 2 more years at another.

Hey! Where did everybody go?
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2583 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Depending what you've just done:

How did you do that?

Well I used Marlo's Atfus, Le Paul's Flourish and a Pass, an Ascanio Spread, 2 Elmsley's and an Incomplete Faro. But don't tell anyone I told you.

Neal
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
Wolflock
View Profile
Inner circle
South Africa
2257 Posts

Profile of Wolflock
Well, First you have to learn the basic skills and knowledge of the gravitational pull of the earth's atmosphere in conjuction with the wind speed and directional propertion to the.... Uh, What was the question again?

Regards
Wolflock
Wolflock
Pro Magician & Escapologist
Member of JMC (Johannesburg Magic Circle)
South Africa
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
It's a thumb tip is the terrible response. I hope no one uses that!
Daniel Faith
Sealegs
View Profile
Inner circle
The UK, Portsmouth
2583 Posts

Profile of Sealegs
Quote:
On 2004-07-11 04:40, Nicholas J. Johnson wrote:
It is a bit sad that we all do the same gags!

:(

Rather encouragingly it would seem from all the offerings posted here in this thread that we don't. Smile

Neal.
Neal Austin

"The golden rule is that there are no golden rules." G.B. Shaw
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
I can't tell you that!!! I'm sworn to secrecy. The beauty of this response is that it's the truth (magician's oath)!!!

With as much enthusiasm as I could muster. Said in the same deadpan tone as Ben Stein

To "What the F***?": back away slowly and give the person the evil eye. Say "Not me you don't"...unless it's someone you really find attractive. Smile
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
JeffMac
View Profile
Veteran user
Sudbury, ont
350 Posts

Profile of JeffMac
How did you do that?
I drugged you.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
These are my two responses which alwys generate laughs.

How did you do that???

-Pretty well, thanks for thanks..

How ddi you do that??

-With my hands.,,
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
[quote]On 2004-07-07 00:29, PyroJeffNic wrote:
I'm looking for the most comedic way of answering the question, "How did you do that?"

Me: I don't know and I don't care, just pay me so I can get the heck outta here.

Pay up sucka!
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2136 Posts

Profile of jlevey
In my persona "Max", I perform my interactive close-up magic in the style of silent-comedy, so I do not speak.

So when they ask me in amazement,... "Hows di you do that?!", I simply look them in the eyes, smile and mouth the words... "MAGIC!"

They understand without hesitation, nodding, laughing and shaking their heads in disbelief and wonderment.

Often, one of them pipes up to tell the others ... "Magic!". Of course my mouthing the word prompted him/her, bu tit doesn't matter, they now own it... they can explain how it's doen (for me)... "Magic!".

Very fun and very satisfying --works for me.

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
693 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
"How did you do that?"

"I was going to ask you the same question"
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Best way to answer, "How did you do that?" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL