The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » VOX by David Jonathan (I'll definately be doing this!- Roddy McGhie) (40 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
Ordered with Alakazam as soon as it became available, just rang them and was told it was stuck in customs for the next 2 to 3 days then I would have to wait while it was posted to me, cancelled my order and bought and received from Saturn magic within 15 minutes.Excellent service by Mark.
Tony Miller
View Profile
Loyal user
233 Posts

Profile of Tony Miller
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2023, pegasus wrote:
So, a marked deck is required for the best version then?

I've looked at the options and a marked deck does give the most hands off appearance. I think for the lay audience a non-marked works just fine.
If you go marked the P3 deck or Marksman will work fine.
__
"If you want magic in your life, start thinking like a magician." - Scott Grossberg
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2023, Tony Miller wrote:
I think for the lay audience a non-marked works just fine.

I totally agree.
I found a great way around handling the deck for a second is to use it as a reason to invite another spectator (or same spectator) as you hand them the squared up deck to "Go ahead and count them for yourself."
Bam, the move is done!

And Remember, for the FREELY Ultimate Version (which conditions are Top Notch), you do not need an entirely marked Deck.
All this is taught with razor sharp, crystal clear instructions by the creator himself.

The FREELY Ultimate Version is absolutely phenomenal, but as stated above a simpler version, that is included, is suffice.

That is How good this thing is!!!!!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
Wow! VOX is incredible. It far exceeded my expectation--and my expectations were pretty high. Like Roddy McGhie, "I'll definitely be doing this"--all the time! I love that it doesn't use an app, but uses the real Siri. And I think I will stealthily set this up on my wife's iPhone after she goes to bed tonight (because I'm sure she'll say, "do it on my phone")!

As for marked decks, my favorite is Steve Dela's Night Flight Deck (especially the V3 edition). However, another great option is Andy Nyman's The Code. I plan to combine VOX with 1 or 2 of the routines that Andy teaches on the project.

Congratulations, David! 2023 is young, but I suspect that VOX will be a candidate for trick of the year!

Marc
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
What’s the best version in your opinion, without the use of Breather c*****?
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Spec Names Any Card.
Spec Deals.
Standard Deck.
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
Ginosergio
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of Ginosergio
From the thread, I believe that you have to "train" Siri. So, there is something strange in the way it works.
It may happen that, in a future IOS release, this "thing" or "function" will be removed.... or not ?
cardbiker
View Profile
Inner circle
1484 Posts

Profile of cardbiker
I’m not understanding the S…t C..s when I’ve put the ultimate qr code on it then asks for a card value and then a suit what do I put in there ? Thanks
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Sirs has been consistent and even with IOS updates, which happen frequently, it’s doubtful this will be affected. At least my opinion and if it ever comes to that, there could be a work around. Good job on this release! Recommended.
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2023, pegasus wrote:
What’s the best version in your opinion, without the use of Breather c*****?

My preference is any version that has the following:

Spectator names any card of their choice
Spectator cuts the deck as many times as they want
Siri is asked to name any number from 1-52
Spectator deals cards face up to that number and the freely named card is there
I never touch the deck after handing it to them initially. And this can be repeated immediately with a different named card.

Multiple variations are taught on the highly detailed and quality length tutorial. David suggests many options that you can choose from to suit your style. And, as always, you can tweak any handling to your own preference. Well worth the low cost of $24.99 US dollars.
rbromley
View Profile
Regular user
USA
175 Posts

Profile of rbromley
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2023, cardbiker wrote:
I’m not understanding the S…t C..s when I’ve put the ultimate qr code on it then asks for a card value and then a suit what do I put in there ? Thanks

If you have Facebook, I would suggest joining the private group for questions like these.

There are many helpful people in there, including David Jonathan
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I'm a little confused by the comments on postage. Is this just a download or does it come with physical items that require postage? cheers
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2023, takeachance wrote:
I'm a little confused by the comments on postage. Is this just a download or does it come with physical items that require postage? cheers

They mail you a physical piece of card with the link to the online instructions printed on it.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks Patrick
elierfr
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of elierfr
I'm doing a similar effect with android for few years...
It is true that Shortcuts in Iphone is a powerfull app, but with android you can do a lot of things you can't with iphone...
With Android I do some effects without knowing I use a phone since 2011 (impossible to do with an iphone)...

The effect is good but when you use technology in magic it is better if it is hidden (when no one know that tech is involved)

You can also do it with Alexa (you don't have to take your Phone which can be suspicious)
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
FYI for those who purchased this, the assets on the tutorial page were updated today for Freely N**** C*** and P****** C*** I**** to fix a hiccup that might have occurred less than 2% of the time when using unmarked setting. Just delete and reinstall those two and you will be set!
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
I haven’t got Vox yet but will purchase very soon. I have an idea for a much simpler effect which would fit my performance situations far better - so would love to know if this is possible. Spectator takes card, I know what it is (m****d d**k), ask Siri what card did the spectator pick and Siri names the card. If this isn’t possible with Vox is there another method of achieving it ?
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
This is one of the routines, yes.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2023, D J Hawkins wrote:
I haven’t got Vox yet but will purchase very soon. I have an idea for a much simpler effect which would fit my performance situations far better - so would love to know if this is possible. Spectator takes card, I know what it is (m****d d**k), ask Siri what card did the spectator pick and Siri names the card. If this isn’t possible with Vox is there another method of achieving it ?

It’s not something that is included, but once you see the workings it’s super simple to set that up using the groundwork already laid out with VOX.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2023, D J Hawkins wrote:

Not included in VOX as David said but easily done. I mention it on the Facebook page. I took the idea from this performance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fstHQAH2XJQ

You ask Siri the same first question “Can you read minds” for the second question you have the spectator ask Siri “What card am I thinking of”

You don’t even have to use a (m****d d**k) you can just use a (p**k)

For me I like the bonus effect 1 on the Facebook page.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » VOX by David Jonathan (I'll definately be doing this!- Roddy McGhie) (40 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL