We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Black Tiger uses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I don't really see the point of the black tiger decks. I don't walk around with a portable UV light, which I could produce from my sleeve, but that would be a hassle. so what makes these so appealing? to me they seem like pokemon trading cards, sure they'll be famous for a few months maybe even 1 or 2 years, but than everybody will realize that they've been screwed over again buying useless products
KARDMECHANIC
View Profile
Regular user
Perris, California
105 Posts

Profile of KARDMECHANIC
I think they are cool and all but if you do a really great effect with these cards, your spectators will probably think that they are trick in some way. I rather use the popular blue or red back bicycles.
What do you mean it came from the bottom of the deck?
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
I can see that you could do a nice deck color change, red to black, now that would look sweet Smile
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
I have the first editions and I use it only for special occasions like parties and close-up card magic shows. I never use it for my strolling magic. They're too precious to be overused. hehehehee.. "my precious"... Smile
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2913 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2004-07-30 00:26, dynamiteassasin wrote:
They're too precious to be overused.

For the price their set at I'm not suprised.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
They are up there, heck, they're only black, same as red and blue, but now it's a novelty Smile
xtreme_mixers
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of xtreme_mixers
Actually if you work the night clubs always use tiger decks not blue or red because the tigers are made for night club work because when put under u.v light the look better than any blue or red deck could possibly look and if you can get the tigers with red spots and work with them in a club its much better then a normal deck.

thats the diference
Matthew 7:5
You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
Black Tigers for a flaming flourish routine would be cool! Smile
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Get the red-pipped cards. They look cooler I think. By the way, make yourself an invisible deck using Black Tigers. This really looks great in performance.
Southie Al
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
19 Posts

Profile of Southie Al
I used my red pipped ones for Gemini Twins but that's it
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
They also are quite useful for leveling a chair or table. Insert an appropriate number under the shorter leg to get rid of that annoying wobble. Smile
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
MetalBender
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of MetalBender
I use black tigers all the time unless I'm going to destroy a card. I've actually gotten quite a few gigs in no small part to the black tigers. Sure my original effects are great, but I find that a potential client remembers the unusual cards, and the unusual effects done with them. I don't think they are a rip off at all, but irl I'm a bit of a goth so I suppose they go with my outfit. Can't exactly be wearing a fishnet shirt and black trench coat and whip out a deck of pink cards with purple polk-a-dots. The finish on the red pip ones is actually different, I don't know what they did but they fan better longer, either that or my natural skin oil has changed formulas......
"Magic up close and personal, the way is should be."

http://www.DelusionMasters.com
Suave Dan
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
656 Posts

Profile of Suave Dan
Quote:
On 2004-07-07 15:50, Mike Walton wrote:
Mercury card fold...

I've found that cards from brand new Tiger decks expecially fold very nicely.

Have to use White-Out though to sign the card.

Use a Silver sharpie marker.
zur
View Profile
Special user
California
671 Posts

Profile of zur
Yes, but hopefully layman won't say your using a trick deck. Better let them examine it first.
Kronos9326
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
229 Posts

Profile of Kronos9326
Card Warp looks especially good with these, and if you take it a step further, Hyper Warp by Wesley James looks even better.

I'll have to admit, Oil and Water effects aren't that impressive.

I've had a few people say that an Ambitious looks a little neater with these, especially during the colour change phases.

David.
Laughing Otter
View Profile
Loyal user
Behind you!
205 Posts

Profile of Laughing Otter
I like doing magic with pretty things, and I find the BTs to be more aesthetically pleasing than regular Bikes or Tallys.
MrMagic1
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of MrMagic1
Snap change from red to black, that's cool. You could have someone select a card and then take I and snap change it to black.
caseman
View Profile
New user
Greensboro, NC
56 Posts

Profile of caseman
I think the black tigers are very nice with one exception. Because they do not have a white boder, color changing deck routines are a dead giveaway. Hopefully they will make some that have white borders and then tricks like Paul Harris' Color Stunner will be a real Stunner, uh no pun intended.
"Don't forget the ACES"
art the magic guy!
View Profile
Regular user
back in the USA, FINALLY!!
159 Posts

Profile of art the magic guy!
In my mentalism walkaround effects I use the blakc tiger deck.

on the black tiger deck there is always a card that is printed with a BT back and a regular bicycle face (white) I talk a bit about ESP and offer to demonstrate a small experiement with an unusual deck that " was given to me by a friend from far far away". I ask them to stop me at any card as I freely deal them one by one. when they say stop I ask them to take the cards that I dealt and they keep them. I deal the next card into their hand.
I then mention to them that what's sp special about this cards is that they are printed differently...I deal a few off my deck face up and tehy can see the difference between regular decks, I ask them to see the cards I just dealt before and they can isnpec them themselves. then I add " you know, you stopped me at that particular card. it was your free choice. I should mention now that out of all this cards there is only one spcial card, one defective card... turn it over... and you see that you chose that card."

you can play around with patter lines, but this effect has very strong reactions from my audiences. it's my most requested impromptu effect Smile
I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER
I will ALWAYS place the mission first
I will NEVER accept defeat
I will NEVER quit
I will NEVER leave a fallen comrade
----I AM AN AMERICAN SOLDIER----
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Black Tiger uses (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL