The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeff McBride Joins Copeland Coins (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Wondering, anyone have any input, Demo video left me curious.

M
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
790 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2023, Jeff Copeland wrote:
Hey Team, it's Jeff Copeland here with some incredible news! The Money Goblet, featuring Master Magician Jeff McBride is almost here.

A magician's magician, and living legend, Jeff is a brilliant teacher and performer. If you're new to magic and not familiar with him, it will be my pleasure to introduce you to his amazing skill and legacy!

This is a project near and dear to my heart and after over a year of production and overcoming challenges, the perfect version of the Money Goblet is ready for release THIS WEEK.

Stay tuned and join myself and Jeff McBride live on Tuesday, March 7th at 12:00PM EST for a live product launch. Set an alarm. More details tomorrow.
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2574 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent

Beautiful. Wondering about the cost and what the routine involves besides pulling coins from air.
CardGuyMike
View Profile
Special user
790 Posts

Profile of CardGuyMike
Https://www.copelandcoins.com/products/money-goblet

Price starts at $179 depending on what you want with it
TheRealMagicMike
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
178 Posts

Profile of TheRealMagicMike
Just ordered, received the training video links immediately. Just sampled them. Jeff's teaching is very precise, clear and detailed, as usual. So far, I think I will be very happy with this purchase.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
The chalice looks great! Wonder what other routines are taught besides miser's dream?
Check out Bafflingbob.com
TheRealMagicMike
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas, NV
178 Posts

Profile of TheRealMagicMike
Quote:
On Mar 9, 2023, RNK wrote:
The chalice looks great! Wonder what other routines are taught besides miser's dream?

No other specific routines are taught other than the add-on shot glass kicker ending. There is an interesting discussion after the formal teaching where Jeff and Jeff discuss storytelling, etc to make your routines more interesting with additional ideas and moves.

The video is just over an hour, well done and plenty there to dig into. As I mentioned before, Jeff McBride is a very clear teacher.
tonsofquestions
View Profile
Inner circle
1807 Posts

Profile of tonsofquestions
As CardGuyMike points out, the link was in the youtube description, and the cost is clearly listed.
I personally find $180 (and an extra $50 for an ungimmicked one) on the very high side.

I'm sure they're amazing quality, considering everything else Jeff releases, I just can't justify that kind of spend for this.

The coins on their own are also extremely expensive - especially as palming coins.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
A few additional points. The goblet is not a simple mass produced item. It is custom made to be optimal for these types of routines. It is gimmicked in three special ways. One enables the coins to be brought into play quietly and without flashing at the start. Another delivers the coins for the perpetual production. And the third amplifies the sounds of the coins being dropped in. The goblet will "ring" if struck in the right way.

The goblet is not restricted to the included coins. It can handle normal dollar size and smaller coins as well. So no worries if one wants to combine it with effects using other coins like silver dollars.

There are two colors for the goblet, silver and brass. The silver will be the one most visible from stage and is more 'formal' in character. The brass has a more 'relaxed' character making it nice for street performance and parlor. The coins which come with it will be of a color to contrast with the chosen goblet; gold coins for the silver goblet and silver coins for the brass goblet.

In the "complete package" you get all the needed accessories too. The special edition coins have their own secrets. The pattern makes them "come alive" in the light with flashes as they move. They are milled not only for easy p****** but also easy separation. And, as commemoratives, they likely will be sought after as a collectible in their own right. The shot glass includes the gimmick to make it a no fuss, no danger proposition. Even the "polishing" cloth is designed to support routine.

It would be extremely difficult to put this combination together oneself. I tried modifying chalices before and mostly failed as I couldn't figure out how to not get a "thud" sound due to the gimmick. There is a lot more to it than meets the eye. So to me the price seems quite good for everything that comes with it including the instructional video. I suspect that these will sell out pretty quickly, especially when gospel magicians learn that all the coins can easily be vanished at the end. This makes it perfect for story of chasing after treasures on earth while saving up nothing for heaven.

One thing I am looking forward to learning is if the silver goblet will attract a magnet. If so, I should be able to load one of my thin mylar coils into the cup and end with a cascading ribbon from the goblet. I will post if this works when I have mine in hand.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
4388 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Jeff McBride is the best
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Check out my full review and performance!

This isn't just for stage performance.

tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
Beautiful Outstanding Quality Props ! Great performance !
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Simply gorgeous!
magic.99
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of magic.99
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2023, Rick Holcombe wrote:
Check out my full review and performance!

This isn't just for stage performance.

Thank you Rick for a wonderful and thoughtful review. Really enjoyed your own performance as well!
I think you are correct - this is well worth saving up for.
Don Wand
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Don Wand
Just wanted to say this is Very Beautiful, Classy and Magical !!
This is something that magicians will cherish a lifetime and be proud to own! Congratulations" Jeff
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
FYI. According to email a few days ago, there were only about 50 units left going into this past weekend. So, it looks like it will be sold out very soon. They are hopeful of doing another batch, but are warning about possible price increases due to increased materials costs.
NEKKODDD
View Profile
New user
100 Posts

Profile of NEKKODDD
I loved my new set, very well made. Coins are very easy to control and manipulate. Must have item.
FrankFindley
View Profile
Inner circle
1040 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Photos from the Lance Burton Teen Seminar at the 2023 IBM International Convention posted on IBM Facebook page. Smile

BrotherJeffrey
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of BrotherJeffrey
Thank you all for the interest in the Money Goblet. Come read all the reviews that have been coming in! https://www.copelandcoins.com/products/moneygoblet

Everyone who purchases one will be invited to a live Jam session with Jeff McBride and other performers on August 19, 2023!

Stay on Copeland Coins newsletter for more information!

https://giveaway.copelandcoins.com/freegift
Revolutionary Tools and Teaching for Coin Magicians

Have you seen Tresor?

CopelandCoins.com
alan1954
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of alan1954
I bought one and, I gotta tell ya, it takes some practice but it's worth it! Not only does the goblet look great, but it sounds fantastic, too. And the coins, cloth and shot glass that comes with it are high quality, too. To me the Midas Dream routine has always been about sound and this prop does not disappoint. Plus, you get all sorts of great instruction from Jeff McBride to expand your routine beyond just using the goblet. Highly recommend this!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Jeff McBride Joins Copeland Coins (5 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL