The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk to egg (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20501 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I have found them for sale in half dozens in craft stores. They are available with and without holes. They are less than a dollar each that way. (I learned that after paying about $5 each at conventions.) It is a great trick that always catches them leaning in to you. ZAP!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
Aaron123
View Profile
New user
So. Cal.
8 Posts

Profile of Aaron123
Does anyone know where you could find those color stickers, so when you have the real egg you peel off the sticker and crack it?

Thanks.

-A.
Mark Williams
View Profile
Elite user
Las Vegas, Nevada
460 Posts

Profile of Mark Williams
Quote:
Does anyone know where you could find those color stickers, so when you have the real egg you peel off the sticker and crack it. Thanks

Usually, you can find these stickers, in many different colors, either at a Stationary Store of an Office Supply Shop.
"Once is Magic!! Twice is an Education!!"
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20501 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Aaron123,

I get my stickers at that famous magic shop: WalMart!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
That's right, Bob, Walmart is one of my favorite magic shops.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20501 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I get the eggs there too! I wish they carried silks and gimmicks. Except for magic conventions you never find a magic shop open after midnight.

Actually, I like real magic dealers because they demonstrate and help you routine tricks. The folks at WalMart just look at you like you're crazy when you tell them that you are looking for colored labels for silk in egg. Always!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1590 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Where do I get these porcelain eggs to buy?

I always open my performances with the sucker egg. I use the cheap plastic ones made in Japan.

Richard Lyn
Leland Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
1204 Posts

Profile of Leland Stone
Greetings, Magi:

I love the Silk To Egg trick, and was using AVERY brand stickers. One day, however, I cut an irregular 'hole' from material matching my silk and stuck it to the real egg with Magician's wax. The Mrs. LOVED it and now it's the only way I play the bit.

Half-a-yard of black, red, or blue sateen will keep you in fake holes for a few lifetimes of shows.

Leland
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20501 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Quote:
On 2004-08-21 11:44, Leland Stone wrote:
Greetings, Magi:

I love the Silk To Egg trick, and was using AVERY brand stickers. One day, however, I cut an irregular 'hole' from material matching my silk and stuck it to the real egg with Magician's wax. The Mrs. LOVED it and now it's the only way I play the bit.

Half-a-yard of black, red, or blue sateen will keep you in fake holes for a few lifetimes of shows.

Leland

Leland,

I hope you're a ten-yarder! We like having you around for as long as we can.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5696 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2004-07-27 06:26, Richard Lyn wrote:

I always open my performances with the sucker egg. I use the cheap plastic ones made in Japan.

Richard Lyn

Hi Richard.

I bought some porcelain eggs at Crackerbarrel's a few years back. At that time they were available in white and brown. They are very realistic looking.

Are there Crackerbarrel restaurants in Canada?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21953 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2004-07-27 06:26, Richard Lyn wrote:

Richard Lyn

Do a search on the Café or web for Eggs-Actly eggs. These come with a hole and without in 3 sizes.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
coachc
View Profile
Regular user
WV
129 Posts

Profile of coachc
Has anyone bought the poly egg from hocus pocus called "the egg"?
Thanks wanted to ask before shelling out 32 bucks.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
20501 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I can't imagine paying that price for this trick. At that price you could have a real silver egg with porceline covering from a dental lab. Now that's class!

Since mine frequently go to the cleaners with the costume, I prefer the ceramic ones. ($5 w/silk when I have them.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

miscoes
View Profile
New user
Allariz, Spain
94 Posts

Profile of miscoes
I don't do this effect in public but I have a set ready from some time ago.

My hole is simply a round piece of silk with a double face carpet tape in the back. Of course you have to "prepare" the tape because it sticks very hard to the egg. My way to achieve this is to stick it in my fingers several times. The grease of the finger gets stuck to the tape and in this way it's easy to remove it once stucked to the egg.

Simple, cheap and effetive ( at least for me )
Ray Ouellette
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
111 Posts

Profile of Ray Ouellette
I got the deluxe silk to egg from Viking. Very, very nice. Cannot tell that it is not a real egg even when holding it in your hand! Comes with a couple of stick on pieces that have matching silk material on them.

Very nice product.

http://www.vikingmagiccompany.com/?nd=full&key=483
"Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice"
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
I just ordered the Viking egg by itself, and am looking forward to receiving it and working with it. Unfortunately, the Tenyo egg I have is way too small compared to any eggs I've ever seen, so I'm hoping the Viking is all it's - never mind the pun, I'll leave it there... Anyway, it's nice to hear that people are happy with their Vikings.
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7350 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I cut small circles out of red plastic tape and stick on the outside of the empty cake icing container. I carry the hollow egg, silk and silk dollar inside. Anothr icing container with padding carries the egg. I have a glass dish with a plastic cover to seal the broken egg into for transportation home.

I think I got my egg years ago from Magic Inc.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
John Bowlin
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
827 Posts

Profile of John Bowlin
Coachc, I got "the egg" from hocus. Mine was horrible. It will not retain an egg shape and is a horrible yellowish color. This one wasn't even worthy of the junk drawer, it went to the circular file.
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Oh---my---gosh! Just received my Viking Egg... Now THAT is an Egg. I can see why so many people have raved about it. Great value, too. Makes that poor Tenyo look like a grape. Wowie kaplowie! They did a fantastic job of packing it for shipping, too.
tglund
View Profile
Regular user
Broomfield, CO, USA
115 Posts

Profile of tglund
There are craft stores where you can paint ceramics and they will fire them for you. I have found these a good place to pick up a ceramic egg. I buy a plane one and they come with a hole in them. Sometimes I have had to expand the hole, but they work great. If it begins to look a little dirty after many, many performances, a little flat white paint makes it lok as good as new. I just bought another one last week. $4. Hard to beat and it holds and 18" silk.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk to egg (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL