The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Artistic Combo Cups and Balls Set by TCC (Brass finish) (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Chose the Fed Ex option for delivery and the cup set arrived in 6 days. Well packed.

This set is *very* heavy...heavier than I recall the aged copper set of these cups, but I could be wrong. I returned the copper set to the dealer I bought them from because there were a number of cracks along the lips of the cups. I noted that in my order for this set, and they arrived in great shape.

The cups in my set weigh 12.5, 12.6 and 12.7 ounces (2.36 lbs if I calculated correctly), haha. They ring like bells, and all on the same pitch (I once had a set I could play "3 Blind Mice" on Smile ). The reason I wanted to look at this particular combo set was I do not care for the clunky sound many combo sets have. Due to how many/most combo sets are made, they don't have that clear, pingy quality that regular cups do when working with them. Clearly, this won't be an issue for many, but for me it is part of the pleasure. Anyway, the sound of these cups is marvelous, whether dinging them like a bell or just nesting/un-nesting.

As Yin Howe noted in his very fine review, the gimmick is a little too strong for the ball that is provided, but the ball(s) provided is very light weight. I have a set of TCC aged baseballs, one gimmicked, and that is perfect for me...though some would likely say they'd prefer a slightly stronger connection. RNT2 balls would probably be best for them.

The balls that are provided are 1 1/8" and 3 balls fit between nested cups. The TCC baseballs are right about the same size, but 3 balls will not fit between cups (2 can). I can only surmise that the cushyness of the provided balls are the difference. 2 of Brett Sherwood's manipulation balls fit between cups, as well.

I received 15% off for signing up for their newsletter, plus a choice of 1 of 3 'gifts' having a $45 value on their site. I selected their Ring and Rope (Ribbon) set and instructional download. I didn't think it was worth $45, but hey, they didn't have to offer anything.

Too early to tell re: the longevity of the metal, but I have to say I'm very pleased to have this combo set.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
SmittyWitty
View Profile
Veteran user
Fairhaven, MA
325 Posts

Profile of SmittyWitty
Thanks for the review. I also purchased a set and, like you, found the gimmick too strong.
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Thank you for the mention Chessmann. Smile

"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jan 2, 2024, yin_howe wrote:
Thank you for the mention Chessmann. Smile

You are *very* welcome. One thing I like very much about your reviews is that you cover some of the finer details that I find interesting and important, but are often overlooked by others.

Not to mention, you do NOT come across as one who gives positive reviews to everything in order to have more things sent his way. I have not seen you say product X is really great, only to later say product X is just ok when reviewing a newer, similar item.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
985 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Quote:

You are *very* welcome. One thing I like very much about your reviews is that you cover some of the finer details that I find interesting and important, but are often overlooked by others.

Not to mention, you do NOT come across as one who gives positive reviews to everything in order to have more things sent his way. I have not seen you say product X is really great, only to later say product X is just ok when reviewing a newer, similar item.

Thanks for the encouragement again. I try, but not all effects have finer details to cover. Cups and Balls, yes. haha Smile Smile
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
https://www.youtube.com/user/yinhowe80/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Artistic Combo Cups and Balls Set by TCC (Brass finish) (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL