The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Proof (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

xxxRoyxxx
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Profile of xxxRoyxxx
When building a resume for magic how does one go about attaining proof for the work that they have done? Is it even necessary? Those who reply, please do so from a restaurant workers point of view. So, If I've worked for so-so restaurant and want to add it to a resume, should I simply ask them for a "thank-you" letter to show as possible proof???ROY
Paddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Milford OH
1571 Posts

Profile of Paddy
I just add them to the resume. I always ask for a recommendation, preferably writen on company letterhead but there are times I just used a quote from the general manager about how I increased the business.

Make sure it is a real quote; sometimes a prospective place will call and verify.

Peter
Non Impediti Ratione Cogitationis

I reject your reality & substitute my own

http://www.Scho-Lan.com
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7383 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
A reference letter is not hard to come by, if you have a relationship with your past customer.

You'd be surprised about the things you get simply by... Asking!

You can also use their business' name as part of a client list (although not as effective as a testimonial), if you have several restaurants you have worked for.

- Donald.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Photographic evidence is also great, and so easy to do these days with digital cameras. How about outside the venue with the sign showing, and maybe the manager, chef, etc. standing with you?

Not restaurants, but people . . . after over 25 years we have a list of pretty impressive clients here in the UK (well, pretty impressive names, as I didn't find them all impressive as people!). Unfortunately like some entertainers who always go for a photoshoot on these occasions, this was never our style and we only have our word on it that we have done what we have done!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Proof (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL