The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » UK Flag Silk? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

EricHenning
View Profile
Loyal user
Laurel, Maryland
218 Posts

Profile of EricHenning
In the July, 2004 MAGIC (pp. 90-1), there is a wonderful John Bundy routine. It's a Dye Tube routine using a rolled-up Declaration of Independence to change a Union Jack into an American flag.

David Kaye (a.k.a. Silly Billy) says that it's impossible to find a silk Union Jack. I cannot believe that. Don't they sell them for mountain climbers? <g>

Any thoughts, especially from to other side of the pond?

Also, I'd love to find a Colonial 13-star flag in silk. Some dealers should make this up in conjunction with John Bundy.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Try party stores for the flags. Also souvenir and costume shops frequently carry theme flags.

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7665 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Eric,

John and I talked a great deal about trying to find these silks. I have even checked with my friends in Japan to no luck without buying a whole set of flags.

Maybe this winter I will get ambitious and try to make some up.
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Richard Evans
View Profile
Inner circle
1379 Posts

Profile of Richard Evans
There are a couple of UK-based stores that sell silk ties printed with the Union Flag. Maybe one of them can give you the name of their supplier.

http://www.woodsofshropshire.co.uk/produ......NTP0036/

http://www.unionjackwear.co.uk/prodlist.......merbunds
I have six locks on my door all in a row. When I go out, I only lock every other one. I figure no matter how long somebody stands there picking the locks, they are always locking three. Elayne Boosler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » UK Flag Silk? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL