The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » M.V.P. by Gonzalo Albinana (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jetpilot
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of jetpilot
I bought this on sale for $65. I hate to bash tricks, but this one was not even worth the price of shipping. The idea is a good one, but this should not have been released in its current form. It simply would never fool anyone. The gimmicks can be seen from a mile away, which renders it worthless. The trailer and sales copy are both very misleading. There is literally no price at which this is worth purchasing. I certainly feel like I was taken on this one.
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks for the heads up, saved me $’s
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7529 Posts

Profile of RNK
This will be one of those releases that is selling for 50% off retail in about a year or so.
Check out Bafflingbob.com
g.albinana
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of g.albinana
I am sorry to read that you are not happy with MVP. It surprised me because so far it has been only great feedbacks. It saddens me that you feel that way, but I have to differ. This is not something that has been published just looking for profit, this is something That I use on real live performances, again and again, and something that a lot of magicians, friends and none, are having a lot of fun and succes performing it in public for a time now. I think that, if you take the time to study the tutorial, you will find that the gimmicks are the best option we could put together, and that there are routines, ideas and subtleties to make it even more secure and deceptive. The venue in which I perform the most MVP is in close up kid magic, weekly, without never, ever having any kid telling me something suspicious or bad about it. Kids do not usually stay in silence if they see something suspicious, and I use the boldest approach possible to the MVP, almost without hiding the gimmicks. So I encourage you once again to study it and give it a try, I am sure that you will find that this first impression that you are very free to have, is not the reality. You can also check the video that the people of Stevens Magic had put out performing it themselves, in order to see that there is nothing tricky on my trailer. You have there one live performance of someone who has nothing to do with me Smile

I had film myself this home made video, hope this version of the most direct, bold, close and straightforward version of the MVP help everybody and clarifies any doubt. My trick works and fools.

https://youtu.be/wKNFZbjzwsQ

I would never put something in the market that I am not proud of, and use in my shows.
jetpilot
View Profile
New user
8 Posts

Profile of jetpilot
[quote]On Mar 17, 2023, g.albinana wrote:
I am sorry to read that you are not happy with MVP...
Thank you for the reply. I am sorry to be so negative. The thinking behind this is clever. Others may have more success with it than me. For solid color blocks and block letters drawn to the very edge of the gimmick I am sure it will work fine. But not so much for letters or images that do not cover the edges, which is what I bought it for. That and the fact the props were supposed to be be "examinable". There are practical limitations to this trick that really should have been made clear. The "block" colors and the "block" letters is what this trick really is, and that is fine. But many people, like myself, are likely to buy it because the trailer says "any" letters or images could be used. The examinability issue may also be an issue for some. If someone wants to do the exact trick in the trailer they will be happy. But I bought it because of the flexibility and customization claimed in the trailer. To still be able to fool anyone, the customization options are pretty limited. I don't dislike what the trick "can" do. I dislike like the fact trailer stretched the facts and sold me on use case that is just not realistic in the real world. Your basic idea here is a good one. Keep working on the concept. Overstating what a trick can do in the trailer is a sure way to disappoint people.
g.albinana
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of g.albinana
If you want, email me whatever words you want to use, or writting, and I will happily help you to set it up in order to use it with your MVP. There is no need to limit with solid color blocks, because I don´t do that. All of the folders of options that you see in the trailer are examples of things that I had used. Let me help you and we will sort it out Smile
g.albinana
View Profile
Regular user
125 Posts

Profile of g.albinana
Https://youtu.be/JKKJWNkWRlI

This is a old video (and folder) with a different kind of letters
on it...on it...and also different ending, presentation and handling
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » M.V.P. by Gonzalo Albinana (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL