The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Newbie from Germany (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tschark86
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Tschark86
Hi everyone,

I'm Tjark, 37 years old from Germany.

I finally managed to register after lurking regularly for a few months.
The magic bug caught be in the summer of 2021 so I'm still quite new, but magic has become a big part of my life since.

It started for me with watching Penn & Teller: Fool us with my girlfriend, we then starting watching most of Germany's top magicians live until I finally realized that I wanted to learn magic myself as well.
I haven't performed a lot yet - only a few times for my girlfriend or the family - but I'll try to muster up the courage to do it more often.
I am struggling a bit with focusing on what is really important, so instead of practicing a trick or a technique over and over until I master it, I tend to jump from one thing to the next all the time. One day I want to start learning coin magic, the next day I think that I need to have a perfect thumb fan before I can do anything else, the day after that I plan a perfect kids' show for my nieces, ....
Because of that, there is not a lot that I can really do well, but I still enjoy the process tremendously.

I enjoy card magic the most, but am also interested in all other areas of magic. I find that while I love the feeling of being totally fooled by a trick, I can equally appreciate a great performance of a trick that I know the method of. There is just so much about magic that I love: The clever methods of some tricks, the little subleties that went into a great routine, the joy it can bring to audiences, even the drama surrounding magic sometimes.

Not sure where my magic journey will take me, but I'm sure it will be a fun ride.

Good magic to all of you
Tjark
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Welcome Tjark, both to The Café and to the magic community worldwide.

It’s not uncommon to explore the varied collage of different aspects of things which excite us. As long as you are enjoying being exposed to so many different aspects of magic, it is growth in your knowledge. Eventually most people will settle into one or two chosen aspects of the art. Now if you start to feel this is holding you back, then it might make sense to commit to one area, and maybe even just two or three routines you can learn completely.

While you seem to be aware of the excitement and detail which lies beyond the initial rush of learning, you haven’t really experienced it until you have a piece you know very well and then you start to see ways to make your performance of it better. Those things could be adapting the handling to better suit you, or learning ways to present a routine which make it more engaging. This is a whole different level of excitement and enjoyment. And you will get there at your own pace.

Enjoy the journey,

Tom
Daniel Ulzen
View Profile
Elite user
Berlin/Germany
493 Posts

Profile of Daniel Ulzen
Sounds very good Tjark. I am sure sooner or later you will find aspects of magic you want to concentrate on.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Newbie from Germany (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL