The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Go Nuts by Matthew Wright (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DJWilliams
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of DJWilliams
Saw this in Blackpool Convention and was really good.

https://www.murphysmagic.com/product.asp......cwSHeVCg

Always have to hand it to a creator who puts real world performances in their videos and as always Matts thinking is brill
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2481 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
This looks good and is not a bad price. I typically like Wright's creations, just curious how easy or difficult the load is?
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
I don't get how this is a walk-around effect. Anything can be a walk-around effect if you're willing to walk around with large props and reset in a corner after every performance...
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
I imagine this would be good for parlor or street performing. The advert blurb says

"The only prep time is gaffing a regular everyday orange which takes less than a minute and can be done in bulk, hours before hand or on the fly at the venue.

The reset for each performance is about 15 seconds.

Every GoNuts unit comes with:
Reusable realistic plastic walnut (which can be substituted for a real walnut if desired)
Plastic egg designed to resemble common Kinder egg designs.
Gimmicked black velvet bag
Specially designed loading system which keeps everything in place and always ready to go when and where you need it."
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Looks good to me - wonder how unopened the orange looks when you take it out of the bag, difficult to see from the performance
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
The display I use with the orange allows it to be seen from all angles and you are fully covered. Once the orange is cut halfway open everything is clean and can be done at the fingertips.

If the oranges are prepared at home (around 45 seconds each) the reset is about 15 seconds back at your case in between sets. I would say that fits in pretty much exactly with about 50% of all the walkaround effects I do.
And even if all your effects were instant reset…. I’d still like to nip back for a few seconds to take a sip of water and clear my mind ready to chip again
goldeneye007
View Profile
Inner circle
London
2429 Posts

Profile of goldeneye007
Thanks for chiming in Matthew! Sounds great!
Vercetti
View Profile
New user
Acapulco
28 Posts

Profile of Vercetti
This sounds very interesting, but I have a question, can I load a Bill in the wallnut?
magicnorm
View Profile
Special user
510 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Would love to hear any comments from anyone who’s purchased and used this. Looks very interesting and seems like it would have a nice impact on an audience, would be nice to hear how the handling and portability plays.

Nm
arittler
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of arittler
I am selling mine. This won't work with my style
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On Oct 18, 2023, arittler wrote:
I am selling mine. This won't work with my style

Could you atleast leave a little review please, it helps us out who are thinking of purchasing it
Thank You
SchwartzMagie
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of SchwartzMagie
Quote:
On Oct 5, 2023, Vercetti wrote:
This sounds very interesting, but I have a question, can I load a Bill in the wallnut?

Hi Vercetti,
I think, Matthew said in the tutorial, it is not made for loading bills. Instead of a ring, you could use a coin though.

Greetings,
Jan
Matthew Wright
View Profile
Special user
551 Posts

Profile of Matthew Wright
The loading system doesn’t really allow for a bill as the expand and unfold during loading. Fixed objects such as rings and coins are really what this is for
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Go Nuts by Matthew Wright (2 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL