The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "On Thin Air" ... my review (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
112 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
Yesterday after I got home from work, I received in the mail, Ray Noble’s “On Thin Air” levitation. I immediately opened it and proceeded to spend the rest of the evening working with it. First impressions… well done!

One thing I’d like to say right off… is that I really appreciate the thoroughness of both the manual (with plenty of illustrations) and the instructional video. In the roughly 30 minutes of video instruction, you get lots of variations on presentation and advanced handling. Ray has done an admirable job of covering all of the bases here. Anyone who watches this should have no problem finding a presentation that best suits their needs… be it with or without a jacket.

I know there’s been plenty of discussion regarding balance issues with self levitations. And this is one the things that one should consider carefully before purchasing “On Thin Air”. I personally had no problem whatsoever balancing with this levitation. But admittedly, I’ve had many hours of practice with Peter Loughran’s “Elevator”, and the balance requirements are very similar. So take note of this… if you’ve had difficulty in balancing with the “Elevator”, then “On Thin Air” is probably not for you.

Additionally, those who are concerned with gimmick size should also take note. As for myself, I personally wouldn’t carry either of these (nor Float-Ease for that matter) throughout the day unless I was wearing a jacket. And being in central Florida, I consider both of these levitations somewhat seasonal for “on the street” presentations. But if I were to pick between the two, I’d have to say that “On Thin Air” is a little easier to carry with you.

Another item to consider is that you’ll need to make a shoe alteration. Fear not… it’s not that extensive. This alteration is a cakewalk when compared to my experiences with “Zero Gravity”. I had the appropriate equipment on hand to make this alteration, so it only took me about 5 minutes. Some of you may need to make a quick run to the local hardware store.

Final thoughts… I like “On Thin Air”… a lot! I like the methods for gimmick placement, and the various methods for ditching it. I also love the completeness of the instructional material. I’d have to say that for me, the whole package is on par with the "Elevator". But again, it’s the extensive practice I’ve had with the “Elevator” that has helped me to levitate smoothly with “On Thin Air”. But while the actual means of lifting and balancing is nearly identical with these two levitations, I can imagine various scenarios where I would use one over the over.

As I said earlier... Well done Ray!

Leo

P.S. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding "On Thin Air" and I'll do my best to answer them to your satisfaction (with divulging of course)
"Watch closely and you'll see that my fingers never leave my hands"
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
<BR><BR>[email]Me@PlanetLeo.com[/email]
felipão
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of felipão
Where can it be bought»
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
112 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
Quote:
On 2004-07-08 09:37, Cygnus wrote:

P.S. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions regarding "On Thin Air" and I'll do my best to answer them to your satisfaction (with divulging of course)

Correction... the above should have read "without divulging"

My bad... sorry

Leo
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
felipão
View Profile
New user
47 Posts

Profile of felipão
Cygnus, you told me a person can buy the trick from "magical dimension": a member in the forum.
First, is there any website with its description?
Any video?
I wont buy a trick without knowing what is it...

Regards
XenoMagic
View Profile
Regular user
Where Am I?
112 Posts

Profile of XenoMagic
Quote:
On 2004-07-08 15:32, felipão wrote:
Cygnus, you told me a person can buy the trick from "magical dimension": a member in the forum.
First, is there any website with its description?
Any video?
I wont buy a trick without knowing what is it...

Regards

As I stated in my PM to you... it would be best to contact Ray Noble regarding purchase. His username by which he can be contacted via PM is "magical dimensions". If he sees this post, he will likely contact you, but just send him a private message for more info.

I personally don't know of a website with addtional information or a video (but there may be one). However, if you do a search for "On Thin Air" (in this forum), you'll find an earlier topic in which there was a link to a video which you can view.

Regards,

Leo
<BR><BR>
<BR><BR>Leo Martin
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Leo,

Thanks for the review! I am glad that you like it. I've put a lot of thought into the presentation and handling of the gimmick.

If anyone would like to know more about OTA just give me a PM.

Ray
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
Felipão

Here is the site: http://www.onthinairlevitation.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » "On Thin Air" ... my review (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL