The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devils Cups by Gabriel Werlen » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (39 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Profile of PendletonThe3rd
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2023, Alex DLF wrote:
I might do an English review of Devil's Cup if you guys are interested Smile

Definitely interested. Would also love to hear your thoughts on the routine shown in the main trailer.
Marc Edgar
View Profile
Regular user
156 Posts

Profile of Marc Edgar
I just picked this up. I'll weigh in after I receive it.

I would also love to see an English review of Devil's Cup from Alex DLF.

Marc
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
Anyway, ordered as well
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Have heard that there is a specific mixing sequence that has to happen, not shown in the trailer. Awaiting reviews from the real world. Smile
ScottMN
View Profile
New user
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
72 Posts

Profile of ScottMN
Ordered mine just now!
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
7528 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2023, magicmind wrote:
Have heard that there is a specific mixing sequence that has to happen, not shown in the trailer. Awaiting reviews from the real world. Smile

Some here said they watched the tutorial, wonder why they are not answering this question? Another said that there is a routine where the specs can mix up the cups however they choose. Hopefully people that watched the tutorial can inject some clarity....
Check out Bafflingbob.com
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

I don't have it but there's different routines.

The one shown in the main trailer is where the spec can freely choose the cup to put the object in, and shuffle them freely, etc. According to the copy that's all true. I'm most interested in hearing more about this one.

Now, the French review shows a demo of another routine were you can divine multiple dice, colors, etc. That according to the demo and some of the comments, seems to involve some sequencing and Tequila Hustler like actions

Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Do not be fooled by all the trailers you see..........
mandrax
View Profile
New user
Montreal, Canada
48 Posts

Profile of mandrax
There is obviously a mixing sequence based on the book green neck system.

If it was not the case it would be pure magic.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
My fence has 20,
3226 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Mar 28, 2023, mandrax wrote:

yes considering this is from the same person. The demo isn't very clear and looks like pure magic.
J M Talbot
View Profile
Inner circle
3058 Posts

Profile of J M Talbot
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2023, magicmind wrote:
Quote:

yes considering this is from the same person. The demo isn't very clear and looks like pure magic.

I love the Green Neck system and there is some grreat ideas in that book... however I don't need to buy it twice if is providing that work with props. Guess we will know soon.
dvno
View Profile
Special user
Hamburg
570 Posts

Profile of dvno
I ordered it because of the freedom that is stated in the ad copy. If the spectator can not secretly shuffle and you have do tell him to switch this with that etc I would be disappointed because the ad clearly says something different. As soon as I have this I will let you guys know what’s going on.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2023, J M Talbot wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2023, magicmind wrote:
Quote:

I love the Green Neck system and there is some grreat ideas in that book... however I don't need to buy it twice if is providing that work with props. Guess we will know soon.

I agree. There was a post on the GNS group page enquiring about this trick but there has been no comments.
magicinsight
View Profile
Inner circle
4306 Posts

Profile of magicinsight
As stated in the ad copy for the Green Neck System book:
Routines explained include...

At the Bar: The performer repeatedly identifies under which cup a spectator has hidden a paper ball. He finishes by explaining that he's going to influence his volunteer for the last round of the game, and proves it by predicting the cup under which she hides the ball.
“Belief matters more than truth. Every moment, belief in imaginary things alters lives while truth sits unnoticed and waits.”
—Hakim, Loreweaver
Sudo Nimh
View Profile
Inner circle
1879 Posts

Profile of Sudo Nimh
Gabriel's a thinker; I'm a fan of his work and imagine this will be a great little piece.

As for the "At the Bar" routine in his Green Neck book, it uses 3 cups - not 4. So there's likely a little more going on with this.
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

If I read the translated French comments correctly( from the Alex review), the cups are m**k*d

So there may be some of that going on.
Wravyn
View Profile
Inner circle
3513 Posts

Profile of Wravyn
Quote:
On Mar 29, 2023, Sudo Nimh wrote:
Gabriel's a thinker; I'm a fan of his work and imagine this will be a great little piece.

As for the "At the Bar" routine in his Green Neck book, it uses 3 cups - not 4. So there's likely a little more going on with this.

Perhaps sometime in the future, you will be able to share some of your applications of the GNS.
gab
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of gab
Hi! I'm Gabriel Werlen! Smile

A lot has happened since The Green Neck System came out!
The system has grown to the point of publishing a second book (even bigger than the first!) last November.

It contains some routines based on the GNS that offer original presentations but above all new methods that allow effects that were unimaginable before (like the extension to 4 or 5 objects). It should be available in English one day!

The demand was so high that I proposed this new product The Devil's Cups with all the necessary material.

It offers 5 routines that use the GNS and new methods from GNS2 to take advantage of the material provided.

A 4-cups routine allows the participant to put, behind your back, the dice under any cup and then after some seemingly pointless instructions, mix everything up as they wish.

A 3-cups routine allows you to find 2 dice placed successively under the cups behind your back. With a little imagination, the same method allows a third participant to add the third dice under a cup before you turn around knowing that the dice can be stacked! (Yes, three dice are put under the cups behind your back and shuffled each time. You find all three dice without asking a single question.)

Another routine involves finding a dice hidden under a cup and guessing its color. You can even follow up with a Which Hand routine with the other two dice.

I am very excited to share this new material with "the rest of the world" and I really hope it will be as well received as it was in France! Smile
Magic Dust
View Profile
Inner circle
1455 Posts

Profile of Magic Dust
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2023, gab wrote:

I am very excited to share this new material with "the rest of the world"

And I really hope it will be as well received as it was in France !

I am also very excited to receive this promising Set Smile
PendletonThe3rd
View Profile
Special user
973 Posts

Thanks for the info Gabriel. All due respect but “after some seemingly pointless instructions” goes a bit counter to what’s shown in the demo and noted in the ad copy.

Which is fine if there’s more to the trick, as of course real magic doesn’t exist …but as a result, the ad/copy is a bit misleading. I think if you noted the above in the ad, it would be still just as intriguing.

On this point, I just found this review from someone on Penguin under the heading “Deceptive Demo”…

“I was very intrigued by the demo. Especially when it states, “Spectator Freely and Secretly Shuffles the Cups”.
I have to put this right up there with some of the most deceptive and dishonest demos I’ve seen. The spectator absolutely does NOT shuffle the cups freely or secretly. There is no way I would ever perform this!
There’s a reason there’s no real performance included in the demo… and that’s because it would directly contradict what the demo states and how it’s presented.
I love Penguin Magic, and have given them a lot of my business over the years, and I’ll continue to do so… but this is very disappointing.
The only reason I’m giving it 2 stars and not just 1 star, is because of the packaging and look of it. It looks classy, and professional, and can easily be carried anywhere-anytime.
However, this is going straight into the junk drawer.”
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devils Cups by Gabriel Werlen » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (39 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL