The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vitrum Ostium (53 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of balzar
By all appearances (the term seems apt), the gremlins toiling away at Lebanon Circle have crafted new offerings, all characteristically beguiling.
I have my eye on Vitrum Ostium, and I suspect I will not be the only one here whose acquisitive instincts are whetted by what is on offer.
https://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
You're right balzar, Dan is on a roll. I really love his last round of smaller more modest props, and now he's rolling out a couple of big boys... but, he's giving us some forewarning to budget accordingly, e.g. skip a car payment, and who needs groceries anyway? I have my eye on Vitrum Ostium as well.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Joshua J
View Profile
Inner circle
1044 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Hoping to see some of the new products at Doomsday. Lots of intriguing releases.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
950 Posts

Profile of Perkins
This. Is. The. Thing.

Haven't been able to stop thinking about it since I got to see a backstage preview earlier this year. V.O. is gonna land right smack dab in the middle of my collection and change it all.

Thank you, Dan. Here's to the Lebanon Circle tree; may its twisted roots continue to grow!

Perkins
The Séance Party
http://www.theseanceparty.com
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
40 out of 100 sold in about 90 minutes. No surprise. This adds an entirely new dimension (literally) to the traditional change box. Dan is the man.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Really lovely offer from Dan. Very excited.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
I had the opportunity to play with the prototype and see it in real-world action. It is even better than the video shows. The subtlety of removing the lid to keep an eye on the interior is extraordinarily deceptive and logical. It is the only piece of kit going into my new act that I have not built myself. It is the perfect switch device--the switch can happen under control of the audience! (Dan probably won't tell you about this feature, but it is precisely how I will be performing it.) If there are any remaining by the time of this writing, I strongly recommend you getting your hands on one. You will not regret it.

BC
Phasmologist
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2023, PROF BC wrote:
I had the opportunity to play with the prototype and see it in real-world action. It is even better than the video shows. The subtlety of removing the lid to keep an eye on the interior is extraordinarily deceptive and logical. It is the only piece of kit going into my new act that I have not built myself. It is the perfect switch device--the switch can happen under control of the audience! (Dan probably won't tell you about this feature, but it is precisely how I will be performing it.) If there are any remaining by the time of this writing, I strongly recommend you getting your hands on one. You will not regret it.

BC

Fabulous! One is on its way to me. Can’t wait to use it. So many applications.
saturnkk
View Profile
Veteran user
Commerce Township, MI / Naples, FL
318 Posts

Profile of saturnkk
How does the hand work with it?
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2023, PROF BC wrote:
... If there are any remaining by the time of this writing, I strongly recommend you getting your hands on one. You will not regret it.
BC

Speaking of getting your hands on one and you won't regret it, Dan's site shows only 3 left of PROF BC's Excellent "The Queen's Almanac." 3 is not a large number, so if you were on the fence, get off now.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Quote:
On Apr 12, 2023, saturnkk wrote:
How does the hand work with it?

The Hand of Glory is designed to be displayed in the box - it is really just a prop with several routines based on a mummified hand. In one routine, you conduct an exorcism with the hand, but it doesn't actually do anything inside the box itself.

The box was initially built to house the hand, but then I discovered it would also make a great switch box!

Thanks for all of the fantastic comments from everyone btw, I appreciate each and every one of them (and you).

Darkest

Dan

Lebanon Circle
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I received my box and boy is it great! There are any number of things one can do with this. I have a mahogany finish with a mahogany pumpkin knob. the combination of which looks truly wonderful.

This has changed and improved a piece I am developing immensely.

The whole kit is just so nice with the insert, the book element, and the trickery...

Hats off to the master who is Dan Baines!

Best wishes

Dr Todd
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2183 Posts

Profile of RCP
No opinion on this particular offering but I will say doing business with Dan is first class. I had ordered some items from him which were very well packaged. No fault of his but the box and internal packing were soaked in the rain at some point in the journey. Fortunately, because they were so well packaged, the items were undamaged. Dan offered to replace any of them if damaged. You can trust him! Highly reccomend him as a vender.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1976 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
I had this out yesterday for rehearsal and it works a dream. Numerous billets vanish only to be replaced with a final and profound message.

The look and feel blends in nicely with the other items that are part of this routine and everything works perfectly.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Ooooooh. I can't wait.
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
278 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Who else has received their box? The waiting is painful, but I know it will be worth it!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Nothing yet for me.

I need to restock the supplies I keep in my tent. The one I pitched right next to the mailbox.

It will definitely be worth the wait.
dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
278 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
Got an email with the tracking number. It's been shipped! Tenter hooks, my friends. I'm shivering with antici
balzar
View Profile
Loyal user
207 Posts

Profile of balzar
...pation!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Quote:
On Jul 13, 2023, balzar wrote:
...pation!

Did you two rehearse that?

I received notice that mine should ship by end of July. I'm going to conservatively hope for a late August delivery, and be pleasantly surprised if it arrives sooner.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Vitrum Ostium (53 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL