We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2004 entrée: Paul Cummins » » Side Steal and Culling DVD » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

fwee
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of fwee
Hi Paul,

I have heard rumors at one time or another that you might come out with a DVD on Side Steal and/or Culling technique, two techniques which many have said you are expert at. Is this true?

If not, let me join with others (I noticed someone already mentioned that in a thread here) in encouraging you to do so. Maybe teach the side steal within the context of your fabulous Fusillade routine.

Thanks, I really enjoy your FASDIU effects and especially the Fusillade routine.

Fred
pcummins
View Profile
V.I.P.
169 Posts

Profile of pcummins
Hi Fred,

Thanks for the kind words. I do explain the cull in some detail on the Up In Smoke DVD. Regarding the side steal, or, more specifically, Marlo's Deliberate Steal, I have a DVD blocked out with five effects, each of which uses the mechanics of the side steal in a different way (secret slip cut, shift, palm, control to the top, and control to second-from-the-top), I just have to find the time to shoot the thing...

Paul
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Man, I can't wait for that. I hear you are the master of this advanced sleight!
~joeKing
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Quote:
On 2004-07-09 08:55, joeKing wrote:
Man, I can't wait for that. I hear you are the master of this advanced sleight!

You heard right. He's also EXCELLENT at teaching it. Paul made it my control of choice.

Paul (Sherman)
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
MichaelB
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of MichaelB
I'm new to this forum and not sure if you are still responding in these threads being that it is just now the 14th. However, if you are, wondering if you could respond to a question about side stealing.

I spent hours and hours at one point attempting to master the color change (a la LePaul, Leipzig etc.). After finally getting the moves down I now use it but not more than once in a given session (I think fairly obvious reasons).

At present, I typically just catch a break and do some false cuts for controlling a card. Do you think if I turn the deck over the hours I invested in color changing would serve me well? Any comments that come to mind regarding side stealing for color changing vs. controlling? Thanks so much.
ShaunRobison
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of ShaunRobison
I can vouch for Paul's side steal.
He sat and taught it to me a few years back and it is KILLER!!!..
Paul's a true gentleman and it shows through his patience on teaching. Even someone with only have a brain like myself..

Is your cull on the Up In Smoke video or just the DVD?

Shaun R.
www.shaunrobison.com
Magic and Illustrations
mike gallo
View Profile
Inner circle
1341 Posts

Profile of mike gallo
Paul,

I have been working on the side steal for some time now...I'm having a problem with a click type noise. Is there anything I can do to prevent this or should I just use soft coins Smile

Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2004 entrée: Paul Cummins » » Side Steal and Culling DVD » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL