The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » GAZZO books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Werner,

Try Denny and Lee's. http://www.dennymagic.com

Mark
What would Wavy do?
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Here's what I can get for you. PM me if you're interested.

No shipping charges, by the way.

Uncensored: NTSC
CupsAndBalls: Discontinued try ebay. Smile

The uncensored video is very good. It's the real thing plus you get several performances. None of them are staged.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
Quote:
On 2004-07-29 16:49, Frank Starsini wrote:
Here's what I can get for you. PM me if you're interested.

No shipping charges, by the way.

Uncensored: NTSC
CupsAndBalls: Discontinued try ebay. Smile

The uncensored video is very good. It's the real thing plus you get several performances. None of them are staged.

Frank

Hi Frank,
thanx a lot for the offer, very much appreciated..

I'll PM you later today or latest tomorrow!

I've just to await responce to a query I have out at A1-video (Mike Maxwell).

The 'Uncensored' is the most important one of the 2 videos for me, as I am not interested in 'explanations', just want to se the man 'work'..

Thanx again, I'll get back re this by PM..
Rgs.
Werner
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
' Gazzo Cups and Balls' video,
and
'Gazzo Uncensored' video

Last Friday I contacted Denny & Lee and found they had both video's in stock. I am not sure if they have any now after I ordered mine but you can check with them.

Denny & Lee Magic Studio
Email: dennymagic@aol.com

kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-08-02 07:42, kOnO wrote:
' Gazzo Cups and Balls' video,
and
'Gazzo Uncensored' video

Last Friday I contacted Denny & Lee and found they had both video's in stock. I am not sure if they have any now after I ordered mine but you can check with them.

Denny & Lee Magic Studio
Email: dennymagic@aol.com

kOnO
Thanx a lot for the tip..much appreciated..
Actually I mailed them via their websitemailsystem, several days back, but they didn't answer back.. Smile
Maybe they're on holiday?
Anyway, the *Uncensored* I get via Frank.. the C&B I'll try again to find and even contact Dennys again..

Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I normally do not join the, "The me Too group," but I have had a set of GA cups for awhile and gazzo's tapes and have been working on a new street act for awhile now, so I just ordered Gazzo's books. I will of course post a reveiw as well.
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Great, Sir T. Look forward to your thoughts.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Whit Haydn
View Profile
V.I.P.
5449 Posts

Profile of Whit Haydn
Both the "Gazzo Uncensored" and "Gazzo on the Cups and Balls" are out of production, and will not be re-issued. The School for Scoundrels has no plans to redo them as DVD's or to release them in any form in the future. So if you find a copy left on any of the dealer's shelves, you should grab them.

Gazzo wants to put out his own productions, and we do not want to stand in his way, or to compete with him.

We were very proud and happy to have released these two videos, and hope that Gazzo will have great success with whatever products he comes out with in the future.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-08-04 05:19, whithaydn wrote:
Both the "Gazzo Uncensored" and "Gazzo on the Cups and Balls" are out of production, and will not be re-issued.

Thanks Whit, no doubt your info is correct and at least the "Uncensored" (which is the most important to me, to see the man work) is on its way from Frank.
Re the C&B however, I was informed by "Elmwoodmagic",:

"We have been told that it is currently being re-done for DVD, although we
don't have a date for the release yet."

Maybe Gazzo himself does plan to release it on DVD, I don't know. IMHO, it's worth to get redone/converted to DVD, both of these videos.

JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
No, the dvd that Gazzo will be releasing in the future is a new production that was shot during his British lecture tour this summer.

Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I believe I can get 16 more of the Uncensored videos if anyone wants one. That's it. After that, they're gone as per Whit.

Werner, your video will go out Int'l Priority tomorrow morning at the latest.

Frank
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-08-04 17:28, Frank Starsini wrote:
....Werner, your video will go out Int'l Priority tomorrow morning at the latest.

Frank

Thanx Frank, looking forward to, and thanx for the PM re that matter.

Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Awhile back, I ordered Gazzo's books (I have not read his cup and ball book yet). I read the art of krowd keeping. A light read, with good information in it.

So, what do you get? The Art of Krowd keeping is a small pamplet, not really a book, running 31 pages. The topics covered are:

Why the street?
What is a busker?
A place to be bad
How do I get started
Gazzo's show
the circle or the doorway
What tricks should I do?
Routining
How do I pick a spot?
When should The curtain rise?
Stopping the first five
The main show
The grand Finale
Give your hat lines
Common pit falls
Brother can you spare a line?
E=mc^2
The red beaked sidewalk squabbler
Dare to be Bad!
Have Fun!
Gazzo's performance pointers
Tone of voice
Eye Contact
Stance
What are yousmilling about?
Get them to like you immediately
Picking the right volunteer
Educating the crowd
When peole leave
The zen of the crowd
Summping up
Postscript
Glossary of terms.

Anyone who has seen Gazzo on uncensored and Cellini on street performing, will get very little out of this pamphlet. This is not to say, there is no vaule in this pamphlet!

After reading it, I watch Gazzo uncensored and had a much better understanding of how Gazzo's performs and gave me much to think about. The pamphlet is an easy read, there is no fluff in it--which I like, but some topics where not fully developed, such as in Brother Can you spare a line, rather then give you a few examples, he uses this to plug his good Read between the lines--but he does point out you why you need a line for everything and this pamphlet is not him selling you his show/lines, so I do not feel cheated, but would have liked to see a few examples. Another example would be the section on routinging, which he devotes (i believe) 19 lines too, I would like to have seen that devolped more completely ie, a good rountine example and a bad rountine example.

Each topic is covered and Gazzo's points are made. I think those that buy this will find a good read and some nice pictures of Gazzo's in his younger days.

I can recommand this book, but would have perferred Gazzo's book of lines and this one. combined into one book, but that is me.

Just one man's thoughts
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Mr. T,
Thanks for your honest feedback. And thanks for listing all the topics covered in the book. That's quite a list.

(By the way, the book is actually about 4 or 5 pages longer; we didn't start counting pages till after the foreword and introduction.)

May I ask, are you working on the street now or planning to in the future? You mentioned that you're working on a new street act; I didn't know if that meant you were already a street performer or just getting into it.

Best regards,
Jim
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I did not count the forward or the intro, for the same reason, most do not number them, as they add little to the content of a book.

I enjoyed the book and tried to proved an honest review of it. I am sure there are those who may disagree with my thoughts.

Yes, I have worked the streets, as a performer, it is how I put myself though school. I have not worked the streets in a few years, as my main stay is PSI home parties. As you noted, I am working on a new street act, as I would like to go out next summer, if I can come up with something workable.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Forwords are for me often a very important of any book..of course it depends..but one shouldn't skip reading them.. Smile

Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24314 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Quote:
On 2004-08-06 19:44, Sir T wrote:
I did not count the forward or the intro, for the same reason, most do not number them, as they add little to the content of a book.

I enjoyed the book and tried to proved an honest review of it. I am sure there are those who may disagree with my thoughts.

Yes, I have worked the streets, as a performer, it is how I put myself though school. I have not worked the streets in a few years, as my main stay is PSI home parties. As you noted, I am working on a new street act, as I would like to go out next summer, if I can come up with something workable.

Sometimes a key piece of information is in the foreword of a book. If you have Sheherazade, be sure to read the foreword.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Bill said:
Sometimes a key piece of information is in the foreword of a book. If you have Sheherazade, be sure to read the foreword.

Yes, I have Sheherazade and you are correct Bill, "sometimes," but not always. So, to set the record straight:

Gazzo's book, " The art of keeping a krowd, runs a little over 31 pages, I stand corrected."

However this does not change my feelings on the book and after reading Gazzo book on the cup and ball, I would have passed on the art of keeping a krowd, as the cup and ball has more complete information on busking. A review to follow.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2004-08-07 18:15, Sir T wrote:
....However this does not change my feelings on the book and after reading Gazzo book on the cup and ball, I would have passed on the art of keeping a krowd, as the cup and ball has more complete information on busking. A review to follow.

How funny... Smile
Actually I'm not a busker and I enjoyed reading about *the background*, the incidents, everything, happening to magicperformers..
I enjoyed every single minute of reading *The Art of Krowd Keeping*, as I f.ex. enjoyed the first part (almost half of the book) of Cellinis *The Royal Touch*..

Give me the life story of any well known/experienced magician/performer, let me hear his stories re what happend to him during his lifetime..I read it..

But, that's how different people are...

You se, I didn't/don't *need* any of the information from the mentioned Gazzo book, nevertheless I bought it and I enjoyed it tremendously..

Sir T
View Profile
Special user
535 Posts

Profile of Sir T
Give me the life story of any well known/experienced magician/performer, let me hear his stories re what happend to him during his lifetime..I read it..

I agree with you, but that is not what the art of keep the krowd is billed as. And the cup and ball books, has more of both kinds of background.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » GAZZO books (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL