We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » GAZZO books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
cstreet_1986
View Profile
Loyal user
263 Posts

Profile of cstreet_1986
Sir T,

I have just read your found definition of a pamphlet. Also, I have to disagree (along with anyone else) that "The Art of Krowd Keeping" is not a pamphlet.

People do not buy 'comic pamhplets', but 'comic books', and yet these would be considered pamhplets by your definition.

This definition can be found in many dictionaries to be correct, but also we should look at a definition of a book:

"Something regarded as a source of knowledge or understanding" (taken from http://www.yourdictionary.com)

Apart from the actual defining of the term, this book contains information that can be used practically, costs money and isn't thrown in the bin when someone hands it to you in the street.

This book should be respected as a book, disregarding any definition or technicality you can find, simply out of sheer courtesy.

Chris

Posted: Aug 26, 2004 8:37pm
---------------------------------------------------
I hang my head in shame when reading my above post...

I just realised that I printed the first line incorrectly. Please allow me to try again:

'I have just read your found definition of a pamphlet. Also, I have to disagree (along with anyone else) that "The Art of Krowd Keeping" is a pamphlet"...

Sorry for the confusion (damn, I'm starting to confuse myself). I hope Sir T will read the post and understand that people are annoyed here because they have more respect for the people who wrote this book and respect for the book itself than to call it a 'pamphlet', even though definition defies Krowd Keeping to be called a book.

Chris
Sir T
View Profile
Special user
537 Posts

Profile of Sir T
I am really sorry for posting a review and starting this all off, it was not nor is it my goal to insult those that worked on the art of keep a krowd. As I have mentioned there is some good information in The art of keeping a krowd.

I concede I should have choosen a better word then Pamphlet, as this term is very misleading! It is to my shame to have even started this "P-Contest."

I repestfully apologise for calling The Art of keeping a Krowd a Pamphlet.

This is now my last post on this subject.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Mr T and all concerned
Two cannibals eating a clown.
One says to the other:
"Does that taste funny to you?"
With great respect,
Mario
Jim, just in case you did not realise "shut-up" was a joke Smile
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Can we all agree that Gazzo, James, and Danny have put together some great "reading material" then?

Mark
What would Wavy do?
swatchel-omi
View Profile
Regular user
116 Posts

Profile of swatchel-omi
Quote:
Random House reply:

If it is a "book" there will be an ISBN, (International Standard Book Number) on the copyright page in the front of the book. The ISBN will also appear on the back of the book above the bar code.

My nice leather bound Bible does't have a ISBN number. I guess it's not really a book either. I should call it "The Good Treatise" or the Good Phamphlet".

I just happenned to notice that my copy of The Magic of Alan Wakeling (hardbound) doesn't have an ISBN number either. And on the copywrite page it say, "No part of this "book" may be reproduced ... "

Liars !

:lol: about this whole discussion.

Joe
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
WOW!

I am red faced laughing at this thread! Guys CALM DOWN! Find the sleepy time tea and take a deep breath, all of you, and yes even you!

Let me see if I can break this down...

Sir T. From reading your review I gathered that you like the Krowd Keepers book. You think it is a condensed, easy to read, primer for guys who want to work the street.

You also think that if you are an experienced busker such as yourself (15 years! Yes, that counts as pretty *** experienced I'd say) a lot of the book will be very obvious but for the price still not a bad read and worth having.

BUT, A MUCH better value for a guy as experienced as yourself is the cups book. Why? Because you get Gazzo's whole routine, great ADVANCED busker advice from the guy who is the best, AND LINES! One line you can use is worth 10 times the price of the cups book.

I agree with all of that.

I think that people are losing site of the fact that you liked BOTH books it's just that for your buck the cups book was a much better value.

Is that about right or am I way off base here?

And again, thanks for the kind words.

Best,

Dan-

P.S. When I was asked to help write these LECTURE NOTES they were called that and not a book. Not that it matters I guess, but if a cat has kittens in the oven it doesn't make them biscuits. Smile

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Okay, seven years have past when are Simon and Gazzo going to get together and combine the lines, the cups, and Krowd keepers into one hard backed book? With on-line publishing the way it is in this day and age I think it would be a snap to put together and a great value for guys looking for all of the information in one package...besides, it would just be kinda cool. Smile

Best,

Dan-

P.S. Put on Leno and check out the crazy cowboy! Smile

Quote:
On 2004-07-21 18:41, mslj wrote:
I haven't paid a visit to the Café for a while and I'm really pleased at the reviews of the Cups and Balls book.

Gazzo and I spent a lot of time talking about the format for the book and although we discussed hardback we were aware that the first exposure of the book would be the UK lecture tour. The books in their present format, would we felt, sell better than if they were in hardback. However, I do feel that the Cups book would be better suited to hardback and don't dismiss that possibility for the future.

Gazzo has some great ideas on how it could be expanded and thus it is a project on file for the future.

I was really excited at the material that Gazzo offered for the cups book and feel the end result was worth the work that we put into it. So once again many thanks for your kind words.

As an aside I'm working on a DVD of Gazzo's lecture and the material is great. A whole hour of lecture/performance of his street show, plus jokes and stories and sections on Gazzo's philosophy of magic. We are also putting an Gazzo's story of his start in magic, his experience working for the Monte mobs in London and his journey in the States to meet Walter Scott. The whole thing will be over two hours in length and should be available some time in late September/early October.

Cheers

Simon

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
Sideshow Rod
View Profile
New user
Portugal
51 Posts

Profile of Sideshow Rod
The cups and balls dvd and book I believe is available from Saturn Magic.co.uk
I have the both as they are sold as a pack. Very good, lots of good knowledge and tips.
Kinda want to read Krowd keepers now!!
Enjoy...
SSR
Sideshow Rod
View Profile
New user
Portugal
51 Posts

Profile of Sideshow Rod
Anyone know where to get either READ BETWEEN THE LINES or THE ART OF KROWD KEEPING in the UK?
Anyone have a second hand copy they want to sell??
Cheers
SSR
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » GAZZO books (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL