We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Levitations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
941 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
The King Rising is available as a download at http://www.ellusionist.com, for I believe $17.00. For me to just explain it would of course violate the agreement I made when I bought it.

It has its own angle issues, but at the right time, for the right people, and with sufficient practice. . .it's good.

--Ron
NiTrOuS
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of NiTrOuS
I was going to order the king rising and Ninja 1. But I just figured out the King Rising in school and figured out most of the stuff on Ninja 1. I guess I should just order Ninja 2 instead. I was kind of dissapointed because it's so hard to pull off the king rising. Plus I don't usually wear the right stuff if you know what i mean. I hope I'm not making a big mistake by buying N-2: Weapons... What does everyone else think?
"You're changing sides, now?!"
"Changing sides? I don't recall saying I was on yours."
-Raiden & Snake of Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty
Joe M. Turner
View Profile
Loyal user
Atlanta, Georgia
249 Posts

Profile of Joe M. Turner
What I think is that it's important to buy a licensed copy of a trick developed by someone else, even if you deduce the method yourself. You wouldn't have spent the time trying to figure it out if it didn't hold value for you, and I think it's important to compensate the creator for developing something you consider valuable enough to want.

Just my opinion... if you want to perform King Rising, you ought to buy the manuscript even if you figured it out based on watching a performance.

Best,
Joe
Regards,
Joe M. Turner
[email]jmt@turnermagic.com[/email]
www.turnermagic.com
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
I don't think you honestly know the method. I thought I did, so I bit the bullet and bought it. It was completely diffrent. Also, it is very wrong to perform an effect when you have not bought the license to perform it.

Jakks
NiTrOuS
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of NiTrOuS
Well, it's just like any other trick, I found out most of the tricks I know by experimenting. I found out stuff like the second deal, false shuffle, double lift, and many other tricks too. I prefer learning tricks by using my own mind. I only buy them as a last resort. (or if I just can't wait any longer) Smile

I feel that I acomplished something by figuring out a new trick, not by just buying something. I admit, I do buy magic, but I feel beter if I just find out the trick myself. I'm sure most of the people here didn't buy all the tricks they wanted to know, have seen or heard of. I know what all of you are saying, I know the point you're making, but I just like dong the tricks I know by figuring them out.

I'm almost sure that I don't know the exact King Rising, but it produces the same effect. From what I've heard of people asking for help with the King Rising, even though they don't reveal the trick, from what I know, it all comes together. Just like the Balducci, many poeple don't buy it to perform it. Many people do, but a lot don't either.
Link
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Link
I would love to know if anybody can help me! I know the levitation it shows David Blaine do is a camera trick but I would like to know what real levitation looks the most like that (I don't mean exact even if it is way off looking just the closet)! Smile
Martin Carli
View Profile
Regular user
Montreal, Canada
108 Posts

Profile of Martin Carli
Hello all,

Docc Hilford has also a great video out by Flora and co on impromptu levitations. Check it out...

Martin
Dr. Jakks
View Profile
Special user
832 Posts

Profile of Dr. Jakks
Nitrous,

You don't see the point. It is very unethical. I figured out Brent Braun's Torched and Restored the first time I saw it, but I bought it. The baladucci was created numerous years ago and is not sold as a trick by itself. Same with the double lift. PM me with your guess though. I would like to see your accuracy.

Jakks
NiTrOuS
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of NiTrOuS
Ok, I guess I'll try and buy it if I'm WAY off
thanos4182
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of thanos4182
All this talk about King Rising. I just purchased Zero Gravity and am currently waiting for it to arrive. Did I make a wrong choice?
MOTO42
View Profile
Loyal user
Whitehouse Texas
225 Posts

Profile of MOTO42
Wait a second... (except in cases of absolute junk) every illusion will have its good points and bad points. What's the advantage to the King Rising over the Balducci? Or vice versa?
"One man's miracle is another man's warm-up"
Giuseppe
View Profile
New user
Atlanta
70 Posts

Profile of Giuseppe
Link, you are partially right, but the rest is the Balducci levitation. I suggest everyone figure out how to do it.
rvigon
View Profile
Loyal user
uk
266 Posts

Profile of rvigon
I think from the ad for King Rising that it is a whole new idea and people can see both feet clearly off the ground. Yes, it is harder than the Balducci levitation, but I think it looks much better. Also, Balducci is common knowledge now. I don't know why, but every spec knows how it's done.
"No brilliance is required in magic, just determination and relatively clean fingernails."
Magicman01462
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of Magicman01462
I personally think the King Rising isn't very effective because it has such restrictive angles... but that's just my insight.

Magicman01462
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17060 Posts

Profile of joseph
Is Fearson's levitation the one with the milk crate? It sure looked good to me on the demo. Does anyone have it, and if so, how do you like it overall? Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Magicboy41772
View Profile
Regular user
135 Posts

Profile of Magicboy41772
Is the levitation M.U.S.L.E. any good? Is it worth $85?
Wiseguy5009
View Profile
New user
16 Posts

Profile of Wiseguy5009
Yes, it is angle restrictive. More than the Balducci. But, it an excellent levitation. It blows the Balducci, Andruzzi's Ascending, Fearson's Fabulous, and Zero Gravity out of the water. Easily. Also it beats any other Ellusions with or without gimmicks. In my opinion, The Kings Rising is the best levitation ever.

If anyone wants to know how it is done,
go to http://www.ellusionist.com
click on Kings Rising and bust out your credit card, and be prepared to pay the $17 for the secret.
slightmaster
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of slightmaster
I bought the Ferson levation last year. It requires a lot of work to set up and isn't ideal for close-up. Where can I go to find the Raven's flight levation? Can the King's Rising levation be done surrounded? I perform at a local skating rink would this levation be suitable?

brandon
DarkArts
View Profile
New user
Singapore
25 Posts

Profile of DarkArts
hmm, for my personal opinion.. I rather prefer Balducci. hehe, you can perform it anywhere. Everything has it's own advantage and disadvantages.... well.. TTs all I got to say... Smile
"HuMaNs SeeKs MaGiC pOwEr WhIL3 EY lIve"
Scott Chesney
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of Scott Chesney
I do the Balducci, King's Rising, and the Fearson's levitation using the milk crate. Personally, I like King's Rising the best. I don't find the angles any more difficult that the Balducci...in both cases you must be sure of your angle though. Buying King's Rising from the website allows you access to a special King's Rising Forum, where people discuss all kinds of ideas that go even beyond what Corey designed. It is a clean levitation with no gimmicks and it can be performed without a jacket.

The Fearson's Box is a different kind of levitation that is done more for laughs. I have done it in my living room with success.

Scott Chesney
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Street Levitations (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL